Author Topic: Quitter, Second Award  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Spartanron

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitter, Second Award
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 04:16:00 AM »
i'm a west coaster as well, the boards get flipped at 9pm our time. Post at night.

As a dipper how much effort did you put into making sure you had worm shit to stuff into your piehole ? I am guessing if you were out of dip you found a way to make it to the am/pm in the middle of the night to feed the addiction. Like Diesel says , it takes less than a minute to post roll once you get the hang of it. You need the proper perspective. This really is life or death. Posting roll every day like your life depends on it heavily correlates to your odds of staying quit. For those of us who have been around a while, we see all the signs of a built in excuse to cave. There is no excuse. There is no tomorrow. Quit like fuck, post roll, stop whining
No more What If's, I quit everyday going forward
Quit Chewing 11/13/12, Quit Nicorette 12/23/12

MY Hall of Fame Speech

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 02:16:00 AM »
It's cool bro. Whatever floats your boat.

It really is a lot of work to log on and post a promise not to use nicotine for the day.

I timed it a few times, took about 45 seconds. That's an eternity and I'm sure you are more important than anyone else on this site and have more on your plate than all of us, so I understand your decision not to do the "morning muster" anymore. You have a life, we don't.

Just check in once in a while and we will trust you to let us know when you slip up (wink wink).

I hope you don't get anymore "hate mail".

Man, you're kind of a little pussy aren't you? Good call on not being a "good fit" for this community. Remember though, that's your decision, not ours.

Good luck to you, Bub.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 02:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Charge
Quote from: Winter
Dude, you have already lost. You are already planning on caving. You are missing the whole point.
False: I am planning on not keeping up with the group on a daily basis, which makes me a poor fit for this community. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.
Just reality, we've seen all types of addicts and the odds of those posting day 1 and reaching 100 days is around 30%. For those that do it their way, half assed. Reaching 100 days is dramatically reduced. Good luck!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Charge

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-22
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 12:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Winter
Dude, you have already lost. You are already planning on caving. You are missing the whole point.
False: I am planning on not keeping up with the group on a daily basis, which makes me a poor fit for this community. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though.
Zero day: 22 June 2015.
Quit date: Today.

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Charge

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »
Gents/Ladies -
I'm getting a lot of hate mail for being late on my roll call each day. I'm choosing not to come to my computer first thing in the morning (Pacific time). I've made it through 3 days without tobacco, and my wife's doing a good job keeping my mood/motivation high (wink, wink), so I intend to stop doing the morning muster here. I understand that I'll never be a HOF member, but my focus is on my own internal struggle.
I promise that I'll fess up if I slip and reach for the can, so you can flame me accordingly.
Monday, January 6, will be my first big test, as I return to a workplace that's littered with tins and spitoons. I'll check in while at work with how it's going.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
Great job posting roll!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 08:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Charge
Holy shit, I leave my computer for 4 hours and I'm a deserter now? Sorry, I've been too busy chomping holes in my lips (courtesy of Wrigley) to figure out this interweb roll call business.
Don't give us the "I can't figure this out" line. That is what a caver says. That is weak.

Either you care enough to figure out how to post roll, or maybe this is just not the place for you.

We post roll daily. That is the cornerstone of this site. We commit to ourselves and everyone here that we will stay quit today.

People with your attitude show up here on a daily basis... and guess what -- they usually don't last very long.

Drink the KTC kool aid. Post roll. I know that the KTC plan works if you really want it.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Charge

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »
Holy shit, I leave my computer for 4 hours and I'm a deserter now? Sorry, I've been too busy chomping holes in my lips (courtesy of Wrigley) to figure out this interweb roll call business.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 12:22:00 AM »
Charge there is a reason for posting roll. A man keeps his word and that daily promise is essential to keep the nicotine bitch at bay when the battles get rough.

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »
Quote from: wmcatty
Hey Marine. Looks like a little plant has kind of kicked your ass. KTC is a no-nicotine quit program. What matters around here is that you want to quit for you. As you may gather, most of the 16,000 boys and girls on this site are pretty hard core quitters that donÂ’t want to listen to any reasons, excuses or rationale for using nicotine. And they wonÂ’t listen no matter how hard you sugar coat it. What they will do is provide you with the tools to quit and help you along that rough patch of track. They will be there for you every step of the way to freedom. They will be there when you are hurting, when you are in the suck, when you feel like raging, venting or just talking to someone on the phone. Around here, we call that Brotherhood. Joining us means you will do a few things. First and foremost, you will post Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the April, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. If your electricity quits working, your internet provider goes bankrupt or you are in being held hostage in a whore house in some foreign land, call or text a quit brother and tell the brother to post for you. Simple and easyÂ…and therefore, no reason for not posting roll. The reason you are put in April is that will be the month if you join us today that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date. So, man up now and do what you know you need to do.

Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Lets get your quit started today. Wayne

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box.
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like a solid blue box.
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box.
Step 6 - Click your mouse anywhere in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Paste the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Looks like a hit and run
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
Did you quit yet? Come on man join the quit party. Its done cold turkey. Man or mouse??
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »
Hey Marine. Looks like a little plant has kind of kicked your ass. KTC is a no-nicotine quit program. What matters around here is that you want to quit for you. As you may gather, most of the 16,000 boys and girls on this site are pretty hard core quitters that donÂ’t want to listen to any reasons, excuses or rationale for using nicotine. And they wonÂ’t listen no matter how hard you sugar coat it. What they will do is provide you with the tools to quit and help you along that rough patch of track. They will be there for you every step of the way to freedom. They will be there when you are hurting, when you are in the suck, when you feel like raging, venting or just talking to someone on the phone. Around here, we call that Brotherhood. Joining us means you will do a few things. First and foremost, you will post Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the April, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. If your electricity quits working, your internet provider goes bankrupt or you are in being held hostage in a whore house in some foreign land, call or text a quit brother and tell the brother to post for you. Simple and easyÂ…and therefore, no reason for not posting roll. The reason you are put in April is that will be the month if you join us today that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date. So, man up now and do what you know you need to do.

Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Lets get your quit started today. Wayne

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box.
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like a solid blue box.
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box.
Step 6 - Click your mouse anywhere in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Paste the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline horseman

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, horses, guns
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
This shit aint easy Charge but we quit together every day. Post roll each morning and if things get tuff call someone or get back on the website and read some of the stories so you know you are not alone.
It has made a difference for me to understand that I quit for me. If I am having trouble coping with my cravings I quit everything to deal with my coping. Me and this quit is the most important thing right now. Is that selfish? HELL Yes, and I cant help my family unless I help myself first.
I quit with you today!!!!
FREEEEDDDOOOMMM!!!!!!! - Mel Gibson

A man who wants something will find a way, a man who doesn't will find an excuse

Online ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
Charge,
You tough sob you can do this.