Author Topic: Quitter, Second Award  (Read 3616 times)

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitter, Second Award
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »
Charge, I just read through your intro and I wanted to say it did a lot for my quit today. I am only on day 6, but I still get that fleeting thought that says, "you've already got this kicked" you can do this on your own and have one every once in awhile just to keep you level. Your story has really reminded me of why that just isn't possible.

I can vividly remember trying to quit in the past and telling myself I could only have one when wife was out of town, long road trip, etc., only to end up dipping the same amount I used to without even realizing it. Thanks again for posting your struggles, it has helped my quit.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Charge

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-22
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »
I thought I was gonna quit after I got married. Then I thought i was gonna quit after my first kid. Then I thought I was gonna quit after my first deployment. Then I thought I was gonna quit when I hit Major.

It's getting ridiculous. I picture myself in 20 years as a 55-year old CEO in a sharp suit and a nice car, and this mental image does not include an ugly tin and a nasty spitoon. Which means that, at some point in the next 20 years, I need to become the master of this addiction.

I remember my sense of freedom after my last quit (that ended in a lapse/relapse about 9 months later). No more ninjitsu, no more being tied down by that damn bottle, no more hitting the convenience store for "a pack of gum", no more hiding out in the shitter for hours to get the fix. I want that freedom back, and this Day 3 suck is the price I'm willing to pay for it.
Zero day: 22 June 2015.
Quit date: Today.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2015, 12:33:00 AM »
Dave, why do you want to quit?

Don't tell us what you think we want to hear.

Be 100% honest and from the heart.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Charge

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2015, 04:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
So, did you answer the 3 questions in your new group as well as April 2014?
Ah, just found the questions in question.

What I did wrong: I got cocky (I know, NO SHIT, right?). I didn't grasp the principle of a lifetime addict, so I discovered the lapse/relapse syndrome the hard way.

What I could have done differently: I could have admitted to myself that I was, indeed, still addicted to nicotine. Maybe I knew, maybe I didn't, but I set out to prove that I was no longer an addict. Wrong move, asshole.

What I'll do differently this time: Posting roll call, and checking in with my fellow quitters to keep me accountable for my actions. This won't end on Day 100, 1000, or even 10,000. I'll mentor junior quitters and keep them accountable, just as they are keeping me accountable. I'll recruit new quitters from my workplace, and we'll supervise each other in person.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »
Making merging easy should be my middle name.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Can we get a mod to merge his intros please? Only one intro per quitter Charge.

So, did you answer the 3 questions in your new group as well as April 2014?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Charge
Posted roll. w00t!

You guys ever try the Grinds pouches? Heavily flavored coffee in a familiar-sized pouch. Also happens to come in a round tin, which I have mixed feelings about. Pretty tasty, though, and I can still pretend to be a ninja if I wanted to.

By the way, I quit today. I think I'll probably do it again tomorrow.
Great job now I'm ball's to the wall supporting your ass! I use baccoff, nicotine free mint leaves. Damn proud to be quit with you today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Charge

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »
Posted roll. w00t!

You guys ever try the Grinds pouches? Heavily flavored coffee in a familiar-sized pouch. Also happens to come in a round tin, which I have mixed feelings about. Pretty tasty, though, and I can still pretend to be a ninja if I wanted to.

By the way, I quit today. I think I'll probably do it again tomorrow.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2015, 11:12:00 AM »
3 questions? Self-complete level? You guys are waaaay above my intellect.

And who the hell put a subtitle on my post, labeling me the world's cockiest quitter? Surely, there has been a Texan that has been through this forum prior to my arrival. No way in hell I'm cockier than a Texan.

Dammit, this craving sucks. Thanks for the help today. I'll quit with you some more tomorrow. I'm going to take a cold shower and go to bed.
Sorry charge about the 3 questions you never posted roll. Do the shit right this time, POST ROLL!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2015, 10:17:00 AM »
I showed my buddies at work how my addiction was broken, so I threw in a lipper to show that I was strong enough not to get re-addicted.
I am sure that all of us know alcoholics that have achieved sobriety through the resources of AA, only to be told several years later that they are not really addicts and that they now have the inner strength, which was all that was lacking, to control their drinking. So instilled with new-found inner strength they started drinking again and royally fucked up their lives. You will never be able to control your nicotine addiction as long as you are using. It is all or nothing. You are an addict when you are using. You are an addict when you are not using. You control your addiction when you are not using. You are a slave when you are using. You know all of this . Let it sink in deeply this time.

Offline Macamania

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
Welcome to the group Charge. That's a good intro. It reminds me of shit I've done in the past. Good analogy between the nic bitch and the real one. I think we have all faced down the bitch that we knew was our demise, but hung in there anyway. Can't deny the bitch is crazy and destructive as hell, but can't deny she knows how to make you hum like a bee. I hate to hear the wife isn't supportive. There are a bunch of assholes here to help. Our group has a groupme, you might PM Old Dog about it. PM me if I can do anything.

Offline Charge

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2015, 12:45:00 AM »
3 questions? Self-complete level? You guys are waaaay above my intellect.

And who the hell put a subtitle on my post, labeling me the world's cockiest quitter? Surely, there has been a Texan that has been through this forum prior to my arrival. No way in hell I'm cockier than a Texan.

Dammit, this craving sucks. Thanks for the help today. I'll quit with you some more tomorrow. I'm going to take a cold shower and go to bed.

Offline Crispy

• Quit Date: 2015-06-20
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
I love the self-compete level. It can be a powerful tool in sport psychology. We're here for you as well whenever needed. Best!
"Do or die, you'll never make me, because the world will never take my heart. Though you try, you'll never break me, we want it all, we want to play this part."

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2015, 10:16:00 PM »
Corbin -
You're absolutely right: I can't do it on my own. I learned that lesson the hard way. That's why I'm back here, using the same profile, confessing to my wrongdoings. I take full ownership of the arrogance that makes me who I am, and use that competitiveness (against my old self more than any of you) to make tomorrow more successful than today.
Remember one thing mr.cancer don't give a damn how arrogant you are or cocky ,put that in your lip and dip it! You know before you get too comfy you got 3 questions to answer. Get it done.

Offline Charge

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »
Corbin -
You're absolutely right: I can't do it on my own. I learned that lesson the hard way. That's why I'm back here, using the same profile, confessing to my wrongdoings. I take full ownership of the arrogance that makes me who I am, and use that competitiveness (against my old self more than any of you) to make tomorrow more successful than today.