Author Topic: Quitter, Second Award  (Read 3613 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Quitter, Second Award
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Charge
I'm already single-handedly keeping Wrigley's afloat. I also have about 8 lumps on my lips and cheek. It seems that I chew gum too violently.
You are gonna fit in with this group perfectly.

Get over to April 2014 and get your name on the roll call. Then use this site and the bad ass quitters that have reached out to you to help you out. Once your name is on the roll, marine, if you are a man of your word - you'll stay quit today. Post roll first thing when you wake up. That is your promise to us, but more importantly to you, that you will stay clean for the day.

Happy new year. Welcome to the best day you've had in years. You don't know it yet, but it is.

Offline Charge

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-22
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
I'm already single-handedly keeping Wrigley's afloat. I also have about 8 lumps on my lips and cheek. It seems that I chew gum too violently.
Zero day: 22 June 2015.
Quit date: Today.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 01:01:00 PM »
Using gum or the patch only prolongs the agony of withdraw - step up and take the hit - start flushing the system w water and or cranberry -
Find an alternative herbal dip. I dipped Copenhagen for 35 years and used the fake herbal dip to help with the oral fixation. Here is a list of Smokeless non-tobacco alternative Don't want to use a 'fake dip' then nuts, candy or gum might help
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »
Charge, your intro says " it is time to be a man". Well you are right. It is that time. Throw all of that nicotine shit down the toilette and get in here and post your day 1. Don't be scared bud. It is possible, we all have been through what you are about to go through. It is time to man up. Flush the shit and regain control of your life man. You can do it. Be a man, be a leader, lead the way. I quit with you today!!
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Charge

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
Shit, I'm not sure which is causing more pain now: the intense overdose of colon cleanser I just sucked down, or the intense gut shots I'm taking for using little foil-wrapped death nuggets.
You guys are absolutely right, trading one form for another is not truly quitting. I'll report back when I'm truly free from the Reaper's icy grip.

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
Bahaha. That's some funny shit right there. Hey. News flash buddy. Your not addicted to a plant. Or a round plastic can. Or a fat lip. Your addicted to a chemical. It's called nicotine. Ever hear of it ? It's the same shit that's in that gum and lozenges. Could that be why the cravings aren't so bad ???? Nic is an evil bitch and she's got ahold of your nut sack dude. Take back your balls and join us. We may not all be marines, but those of us that have made it awhile are same damn tuff MOFO's. PM me if you need anything bud.

Gdubya

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
100% NICOTINE FREE FORUM. Quit teasing your body with the gum. Do you think you are actually addicted to the worm shit that's in a can of dip? NO, you are addicted to NICOTINE. You aren't quit until you are 100% NICOTINE FREE. Jump on board and be quit with us.
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
Where did you go,, got real all the sudden. Change one word in your intro. Success to failure! Get rid of those nicotine candies and let's really quit. Stop believing the lies.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Nearly 24 hours since I cleaned the filth from my mouth for the final time.... thank heavens for nicotine gum and lozenges. I'm feeling a bit bloated and hung over from New Year's Eve, but otherwise, don't have the intense cravings I expected.

I was getting my ass kicked by that little tin for about 12 years, and decided that it's time for a change. This isn't the first time I tried quitting, but there's a reason that I'll succeed this time: I actually *want* to quit.

I'm a Marine, so dip is part of the culture, which we all know makes it about 10 times harder. We're also aware of many of the negative effects of withdrawal: bad moods, weight gain, irregularity, etc. I factored each of those into my decision and chose New Years for these reasons.

I took a solid week off from work to spend more time with my kids and doing my hobbies, thus equalizing my mood back to normal. I'm in the middle of a bulking phase, so I'm actually attempting to use the slower metabolism to my benefit as I pack on pounds of chest, back, shoulder, and leg muscle. I got this amazing fiber supplement which steamrolls through my intestines for a good cleansing, and will benefit from the healthier diet pursuant to my wife's New Year Resolution.

The gum and lozenges are really the keys to my success. I'm starting with the 4mg servings, and plan to transition to the 2mg servings after about a week. It'll be tough going back to work and facing my triggers head-on, in the company of other addicts. Since I'm in a position of leadership, I'm hoping that I can be a role model to create a culture of quitters.

Thank you all for your continued support. I'll be here cheering you on as well as we tackle this side by side. What a disgusting and destructive way of life we're leaving behind us.

- Dave
News flash, when you no longer put the poison in your pie hole you are quit. That means all forms of the poison. We quit around here, we don't substitute one form of poison for the other. When you really want to take your life back let us know. We would love to quit with you. How bad do you really want it?
Charge.. Thanks for your service first and foremost.. sounds like you need to read more
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
Nearly 24 hours since I cleaned the filth from my mouth for the final time.... thank heavens for nicotine gum and lozenges. I'm feeling a bit bloated and hung over from New Year's Eve, but otherwise, don't have the intense cravings I expected.

I was getting my ass kicked by that little tin for about 12 years, and decided that it's time for a change. This isn't the first time I tried quitting, but there's a reason that I'll succeed this time: I actually *want* to quit.

I'm a Marine, so dip is part of the culture, which we all know makes it about 10 times harder. We're also aware of many of the negative effects of withdrawal: bad moods, weight gain, irregularity, etc. I factored each of those into my decision and chose New Years for these reasons.

I took a solid week off from work to spend more time with my kids and doing my hobbies, thus equalizing my mood back to normal. I'm in the middle of a bulking phase, so I'm actually attempting to use the slower metabolism to my benefit as I pack on pounds of chest, back, shoulder, and leg muscle. I got this amazing fiber supplement which steamrolls through my intestines for a good cleansing, and will benefit from the healthier diet pursuant to my wife's New Year Resolution.

The gum and lozenges are really the keys to my success. I'm starting with the 4mg servings, and plan to transition to the 2mg servings after about a week. It'll be tough going back to work and facing my triggers head-on, in the company of other addicts. Since I'm in a position of leadership, I'm hoping that I can be a role model to create a culture of quitters.

Thank you all for your continued support. I'll be here cheering you on as well as we tackle this side by side. What a disgusting and destructive way of life we're leaving behind us.

- Dave
News flash, when you no longer put the poison in your pie hole you are quit. That means all forms of the poison. We quit around here, we don't substitute one form of poison for the other. When you really want to take your life back let us know. We would love to quit with you. How bad do you really want it?
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
This is a 100% nic free forum.

Throw that crap out and really start your quit.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Charge

• Quitter
Quitter, Second Award
« on: January 01, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »

- Dave