Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15305 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
I hear you on the cigar shit man.  I fell for that one 1000 times, quit dip for a week or two, had some beers, cigar sounded good, whats it gonna hurt, right?  BAM, right back at it, can a day for just like before. 
This. I'm gonna do great at this, except for this scenario, So far so good, but I know what to be on guard for. Week #1 isn't so bad, Im actually more worried about next weekend after I get the clean bill of health I expect from the dentist on Monday when complacency can set in.

Thanks for the PM offer too, I'm gonna stew on that one for a couple days. My thinking definitely isn't there yet, though it makes sense in theory. My usual thought is as long as you're in moderation it can't be too bad.  yeah that's where my mindspace is still at so gotta keep working this thing.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Mike
I really want to be out on my front porch now with a cigar  would do it too if I thought it wouldn't jeopardize my cope quit.  Not sure week #1 is the best time to experiment though, so all I can do is keep my pledge in the roll call thread this morning, keep a can of hooch close at hand, and keep busy today visiting friends  going to the lake (which thankfully has no triggers for me, not that I know of at least).
WhoaWhoaWhoa!

Did I read that right bro?

You're quitting nicotine... it will NEVER EVER be a good time to experiment once you get your dipping "under control"!! You are an addict and can never put that poison back into your body in any form. Get your head around this fully... no nicotine. Period. A cigar wouldn't just jeapordize your cope quit... it will jeapordize your health and put you back under nicotines thumb. You need to spend some more time on this site and really figure out WHAT you're quitting! You got some work to do man...
AJ is spot on. Ur an addict and u need to get thru ur head that no nicotine needs to be your future. Your current line of thinking is a one way ticket to a cave and u will be back at day 1. You need to be saying FU to all nic. Not sitting around daydreaming about cigars. Read brother. Get into these intros and HOF speeches. No successful quitter is smoking cigars. Drink some lemonade on your porch or some sweet tea! Better yet... drink some KTC koolaid! No nic! Stay quit today brother!
I hear you on the cigar shit man. I fell for that one 1000 times, quit dip for a week or two, had some beers, cigar sounded good, whats it gonna hurt, right? BAM, right back at it, can a day for just like before.

You have to wrap you head a simple fact bro. Once you do this thing will become a whole lot more clear to you, ready??

Nicotine never did a damn thing for you, nothing positive anyway. Everything you ever thought that it did for you was just a lie, the BIG LIE, that kept you hooked all this time. So here is the big secret man, the only thing nicotine ever did for you was cure the withdrawal symptoms that IT created. Thats it man. All the other shit was just what your addict brain associated with withdrawal relief.

Let that sink in for a couple days. If the concept starts making sense to you, send me a PM and I will send you a book that will blow your mind. I guarantee that once you read this book, you will not, can not, go back to nicotine.

Ryan

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
Quote from: BamaHutch
Today sucks. Knew it would. Hope yours is better than mine.
Hey Bama, not sure mine started out any better, but I was able to turn it into a great positive day in the end. I hope yours turned around for you too!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »
THanks AJ  Derk, needed to get it out there. Not a good start to the morning even though I thought about it  anticipated it but turned it into a great day in the end.

WG, that sounds like a good idea! Hope you got a chance to try it today  make it as good as it sounds!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Winter
Y'all ever take a cheap round charcoal grill, line the sides with charcoal ( in a circle ). Then put a drop pan in the middle and smoke a chicken or turkey for 6 hours? We need to make a cooking/grilling thread on here. I like to cook an experiment with my grill. Especially when I'm ELEVEN DAYs nicotine free. Alright I vented ill be good now. Quit easy my friends

Winter Green
Day 11

Check your inbox WG...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
Y'all ever take a cheap round charcoal grill, line the sides with charcoal ( in a circle ). Then put a drop pan in the middle and smoke a chicken or turkey for 6 hours? We need to make a cooking/grilling thread on here. I like to cook an experiment with my grill. Especially when I'm ELEVEN DAYs nicotine free. Alright I vented ill be good now. Quit easy my friends

Winter Green
Day 11
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
I really want to be out on my front porch now with a cigar  would do it too if I thought it wouldn't jeopardize my cope quit.  Not sure week #1 is the best time to experiment though, so all I can do is keep my pledge in the roll call thread this morning, keep a can of hooch close at hand, and keep busy today visiting friends  going to the lake (which thankfully has no triggers for me, not that I know of at least).
WhoaWhoaWhoa!

You're quitting nicotine... it will NEVER EVER be a good time to experiment once you get your dipping "under control"!! You are an addict and can never put that poison back into your body in any form. Get your head around this fully... no nicotine. Period. A cigar wouldn't just jeapordize your cope quit... it will jeapordize your health and put you back under nicotines thumb. You need to spend some more time on this site and really figure out WHAT you're quitting! You got some work to do man...
AJ is spot on. Ur an addict and u need to get thru ur head that no nicotine needs to be your future. Your current line of thinking is a one way ticket to a cave and u will be back at day 1. You need to be saying FU to all nic. Not sitting around daydreaming about cigars. Read brother. Get into these intros and HOF speeches. No successful quitter is smoking cigars. Drink some lemonade on your porch or some sweet tea! Better yet... drink some KTC koolaid! No nic! Stay quit today brother!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »
I really want to be out on my front porch now with a cigar  would do it too if I thought it wouldn't jeopardize my cope quit. Not sure week #1 is the best time to experiment though, so all I can do is keep my pledge in the roll call thread this morning, keep a can of hooch close at hand, and keep busy today visiting friends  going to the lake (which thankfully has no triggers for me, not that I know of at least).

WhoaWhoaWhoa!

Offline BamaHutch

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-20
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
Today sucks. Knew it would. Hope yours is better than mine.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Thanks Srans  AppleJack. Appreciate the positive feedback as today is just about the worst day yet for me. Because it's downtime. If you've ever observed smokers (easier to tell than dippers) they may smoke more during times of stress, but they're usually too busy dealing with the stress to take the time. It's when the stress is removed  there's downtime involved that consumption really increases.

Triggers can happen in all forms even completely unexpected ones. But the downtime is hitting me harder than I thought. I really want to be out on my front porch now with a cigar  would do it too if I thought it wouldn't jeopardize my cope quit. Not sure week #1 is the best time to experiment though, so all I can do is keep my pledge in the roll call thread this morning, keep a can of hooch close at hand, and keep busy today visiting friends  going to the lake (which thankfully has no triggers for me, not that I know of at least).

Hope your guys's Saturdays are great!

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
So how's everybody's weekend shaping up?  Particularly all those who are just learning this week to get through their M-F routine.  There was some great discussion in the Nov thread someone brought up about how come the weekend now, the routines  triggers might all be different  everyone would be wise to keep vigilant about it.  Now buried, I'll add on to the thread I started here, since I don't actually know where is appropriate to post a new discussion thread on this forum for people to talk about.

So with the weekend coming up, what's up?  Golf game?  I made it through my tourney today though well my game was a little off.  Who plays golf without some form of nic?  Apparently lots of people though I wasn't sure how.  Got put in the smoker group which well wasn't exactly the easiest but I made it through.  It is possible.

How about a poker game with the guys?  Will it be in buddy's kitchen where smokers are quickly banished outside?  Or is it in his basement where everybody is free to smoke at the table?  Are drinks involved? 

Even just weekend chores, think about when the last time was you cut the grass without a dip in. 

With all the new  different triggers for the weekend, do you have coping strategies, plans in place?  If you're like me  using the herbal stuff to help out (Hooch classic right now) do you have enough?  Every gas station will sell you tobacco in any form, but you might need to order online or go to that one smoke shop across town (as I do) to stock up to get through.

So with all that said, think about what triggers  pressures will be different this weekend in your S-S routine compared to your M-F routines that you knocked out of the park this week,  have your plans  resolution in place to make S-S as much a success as the preceeding M-F.
I like what i'm seeing here mike. :)

Jumping in with both feet... awesome man! PM me if you need anything or want some more digits.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
So how's everybody's weekend shaping up? Particularly all those who are just learning this week to get through their M-F routine. There was some great discussion in the Nov thread someone brought up about how come the weekend now, the routines  triggers might all be different  everyone would be wise to keep vigilant about it. Now buried, I'll add on to the thread I started here, since I don't actually know where is appropriate to post a new discussion thread on this forum for people to talk about.

So with the weekend coming up, what's up? Golf game? I made it through my tourney today though well my game was a little off. Who plays golf without some form of nic? Apparently lots of people though I wasn't sure how. Got put in the smoker group which well wasn't exactly the easiest but I made it through. It is possible.

How about a poker game with the guys? Will it be in buddy's kitchen where smokers are quickly banished outside? Or is it in his basement where everybody is free to smoke at the table? Are drinks involved?

Even just weekend chores, think about when the last time was you cut the grass without a dip in.

With all the new  different triggers for the weekend, do you have coping strategies, plans in place? If you're like me  using the herbal stuff to help out (Hooch classic right now) do you have enough? Every gas station will sell you tobacco in any form, but you might need to order online or go to that one smoke shop across town (as I do) to stock up to get through.

So with all that said, think about what triggers  pressures will be different this weekend in your S-S routine compared to your M-F routines that you knocked out of the park this week,  have your plans  resolution in place to make S-S as much a success as the preceeding M-F.
I like what i'm seeing here mike. :)
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »
So how's everybody's weekend shaping up? Particularly all those who are just learning this week to get through their M-F routine. There was some great discussion in the Nov thread someone brought up about how come the weekend now, the routines  triggers might all be different  everyone would be wise to keep vigilant about it. Now buried, I'll add on to the thread I started here, since I don't actually know where is appropriate to post a new discussion thread on this forum for people to talk about.

So with the weekend coming up, what's up? Golf game? I made it through my tourney today though well my game was a little off. Who plays golf without some form of nic? Apparently lots of people though I wasn't sure how. Got put in the smoker group which well wasn't exactly the easiest but I made it through. It is possible.

How about a poker game with the guys? Will it be in buddy's kitchen where smokers are quickly banished outside? Or is it in his basement where everybody is free to smoke at the table? Are drinks involved?

With all the new  different triggers for the weekend, do you have coping strategies, plans in place? If you're like me  using the herbal stuff to help out (Hooch classic right now) do you have enough? Every gas station will sell you tobacco in any form, but you might need to order online or go to that one smoke shop across town (as I do) to stock up to get through.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: rickddd
Quote from: quittinglawyer
I am on day 4, and the first three days were pretty tough.  Pretty much a constant headache, emotionally on edge, "cranky" as my wife called me out on mutiple occasions.  I have slept like shit, usually waking up every hour or so.  However, I have to say that something has started to click this afternoon.  This morning, I had my first long drive being quit.  I am a lawyer and had a hearing in a small town that was about 2 hours away.  We're talking back roads and corn fields for miles.  In the past, drives like this were never done without the fattest lipper I could stuff in my mouth.  In fact, I've "stopped" chewing dozens of times over the last decade, sometimes for weeks or even months at a time.  But I'll bet you an out of town hearing with a long car ride was the cave trigger that ended my quit numerous times.  I was nervous this morning.  I was craving a chew like you wouldn't believe.  But I got on this site, read some shit, posted roll, and hit the road.  About an hour into the drive, something clicked.  It was like I could suddenly see how ridiculous it was for me to think I couldn't enjoy a country drive without a chew.  I turned up the tunes, rolled the windows down and yelled, "Fuck you, nic bitch." at the top of my lungs.  Maybe that was stupid, but it made me feel fucking great.  To wrap things up, I won my hearing, went for a long run in a beautiful state park and made the drive back without a single craving.  I know this is going to be a tough road, but I'm just taking it ODDAAT, and today has been a good day.  Quitting right along with you.
This is good stuff, my friend. Proud to quit with you.
I smell a quitter. You got that poison out of your body and now all that is left is the mind games. I have shouted obscenities at the nic bitch in the car with my windows down too; I was in a bit more traffic than corn fields but who cares? A little rage at the nic bitch is a good thing man; in fact I like to rage at her anytime I hear her wisperin'. You are winning! Keep it up EDD.
Thanks for the hint Matt, like I posted to QL, I mean I've dealt with the morning commute so far with SMC, because that's a huge trigger for me. But I'm kinda nervous about a longer car trip like his today, which sounds dumb, but glad to hear it can be done successfully  have some coping hints for when i have to go back out  do field work.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »
Quote from: quittinglawyer
I am on day 4, and the first three days were pretty tough. Pretty much a constant headache, emotionally on edge, "cranky" as my wife called me out on mutiple occasions. I have slept like shit, usually waking up every hour or so. However, I have to say that something has started to click this afternoon. This morning, I had my first long drive being quit. I am a lawyer and had a hearing in a small town that was about 2 hours away. We're talking back roads and corn fields for miles. In the past, drives like this were never done without the fattest lipper I could stuff in my mouth. In fact, I've "stopped" chewing dozens of times over the last decade, sometimes for weeks or even months at a time. But I'll bet you an out of town hearing with a long car ride was the cave trigger that ended my quit numerous times. I was nervous this morning. I was craving a chew like you wouldn't believe. But I got on this site, read some shit, posted roll, and hit the road. About an hour into the drive, something clicked. It was like I could suddenly see how ridiculous it was for me to think I couldn't enjoy a country drive without a chew. I turned up the tunes, rolled the windows down and yelled, "Fuck you, nic bitch." at the top of my lungs. Maybe that was stupid, but it made me feel fucking great. To wrap things up, I won my hearing, went for a long run in a beautiful state park and made the drive back without a single craving. I know this is going to be a tough road, but I'm just taking it ODDAAT, and today has been a good day. Quitting right along with you.
Proud to be with you QL! Congrats on your hearing  making the drive. That's something I haven't tackled yet this week is a longer drive than my normal commute. I work oilfield  as supply chain I can cover sites that are 2-3hrs away. Haven't yet had to tackle a drive like that this week, but yeah that was always the excuse for a fat lipper, or at least a cigar, for me. So glad I can get a little bit out in quitting before I try a long drive. So thanks for sharing a story of success that even in the first part of quitting a long car trip can be done successfully!

I hear ya on the sleeping thing. I'm tired, I know I haven't been sleeping well,  lacking stimulant, I expected to feel low on energy. But yeah not sleeping well so I hear ya there. Whether it's a night sweat or waking up constantly, or both.