Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15302 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2013, 04:35:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike
QOTD: What did you relearn this week?

Since I still don't know where to post new topics:
Just curious what everybody learnt this week could be done without dip?
For me:
- golf, even if it felt like my game was affected
- car repair, ok just changing a taillight but it was something
- work commute, admit to using the fake stuff here or I wouldn't have made it
Other than that it's been a quiet weekend.  On purpose. 
So what did yall learn this week  how big a revelation was it?
Saturday I went to the dentist with no cracked, bleeding, or patchy lips or gums. I've always gone to the dentist, but this is the first time in 25 years that I have walked in and not had some anxiety about how things might turn out. Feels good to be free of that.

Good luck at your own dentist visit today.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2013, 12:42:00 AM »
QOTD: What did you relearn this week?

Since I still don't know where to post new topics:
Just curious what everybody learnt this week could be done without dip?
For me:
- golf, even if it felt like my game was affected
- car repair, ok just changing a taillight but it was something
- work commute, admit to using the fake stuff here or I wouldn't have made it
Other than that it's been a quiet weekend. On purpose.
So what did yall learn this week  how big a revelation was it?

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Thanks WTW for the number

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Welcome Mike from AB.

Don't forget that nicotine is the enemy. That is the highly addictive drug. Doesn't matter if it is in dip form, ciggarette, cigar, pipe, snus, or other. It is the component that will keep you a slave.

Remember how shitty you feel now. Remember how shitty, actually physically painful the past few days have been. Do you want to start over for a moment of "false satisfaction"?

Every day gets better, except for some with suck major ass, but the good days will be strung today in greater lengths over time. Stick with the program. Post roll. Keep your word. Repeat tomorrow.
Thanks Evil I hope  trust the days do get better. But yes it's hard to think about starting over from Day 1.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »
Thanks for checking in on me WorktoWin, Srans, CleanFuel, and Ryan.

I didn't see an offer of numbers, though no reason I can't ask in PM, but y'all seem like you can help anybody through any trouble.  I know I'm in good company with guys here for sure.  This forum is great for reaching out, I still can't believe the support/help that guys offer total strangers on here.

Not sure I'm so young though at 38.  Starting to get old  feel old  well it's better to quit now while I still have that choice otherwise what, do I have another 2, 5, 10 years?  Who knows.  But do I want to find out the hard way?  Nope.

SO thanks again for the mindsets  votes of confidence.  Yall did do this,  so far whether I thought I would or not, i am doing it.  Rough day but it can only get better from here.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it!
I pm-ed my number. And I did it right the first time.

(Sorry Srans - I had to take the shot.)

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2013, 12:56:00 AM »
Welcome Mike from AB.

Don't forget that nicotine is the enemy. That is the highly addictive drug. Doesn't matter if it is in dip form, ciggarette, cigar, pipe, snus, or other. It is the component that will keep you a slave.

Remember how shitty you feel now. Remember how shitty, actually physically painful the past few days have been. Do you want to start over for a moment of "false satisfaction"?

Every day gets better, except for some with suck major ass, but the good days will be strung today in greater lengths over time. Stick with the program. Post roll. Keep your word. Repeat tomorrow.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »
Thanks Friend, got it!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »

I didn't see an offer of numbers, though no reason I can't ask in PM, but y'all seem like you can help anybody through any trouble. I know I'm in good company with guys here for sure. This forum is great for reaching out, I still can't believe the support/help that guys offer total strangers on here.

Not sure I'm so young though at 38. Starting to get old  feel old  well it's better to quit now while I still have that choice otherwise what, do I have another 2, 5, 10 years? Who knows. But do I want to find out the hard way? Nope.

SO thanks again for the mindsets  votes of confidence. Yall did do this,  so far whether I thought I would or not, i am doing it. Rough day but it can only get better from here.

Its in your inbox friend.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2013, 11:15:00 PM »

I didn't see an offer of numbers, though no reason I can't ask in PM, but y'all seem like you can help anybody through any trouble.  I know I'm in good company with guys here for sure.  This forum is great for reaching out, I still can't believe the support/help that guys offer total strangers on here.

Not sure I'm so young though at 38.  Starting to get old  feel old  well it's better to quit now while I still have that choice otherwise what, do I have another 2, 5, 10 years?  Who knows.  But do I want to find out the hard way?  Nope.

SO thanks again for the mindsets  votes of confidence.  Yall did do this,  so far whether I thought I would or not, i am doing it.  Rough day but it can only get better from here.

I must be tired tonight. Put number in wrong place
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »

I didn't see an offer of numbers, though no reason I can't ask in PM, but y'all seem like you can help anybody through any trouble. I know I'm in good company with guys here for sure. This forum is great for reaching out, I still can't believe the support/help that guys offer total strangers on here.

Not sure I'm so young though at 38. Starting to get old  feel old  well it's better to quit now while I still have that choice otherwise what, do I have another 2, 5, 10 years? Who knows. But do I want to find out the hard way? Nope.

SO thanks again for the mindsets  votes of confidence. Yall did do this,  so far whether I thought I would or not, i am doing it. Rough day but it can only get better from here.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: CleanFuel
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: worktowin
I hear you on the cigar shit man.  I fell for that one 1000 times, quit dip for a week or two, had some beers, cigar sounded good, whats it gonna hurt, right?   BAM, right back at it, can a day for just like before. 
This. I'm gonna do great at this, except for this scenario, So far so good, but I know what to be on guard for. Week #1 isn't so bad, Im actually more worried about next weekend after I get the clean bill of health I expect from the dentist on Monday when complacency can set in.

Thanks for the PM offer too, I'm gonna stew on that one for a couple days. My thinking definitely isn't there yet, though it makes sense in theory. My usual thought is as long as you're in moderation it can't be too bad.  yeah that's where my mindspace is still at so gotta keep working this thing.
Went to the dentist this morning. Had a great checkup. Great. Love getting my teeth cleaned.

We are all addicts. Why would a good dentist report be an incentive to put a carcinogen back in your head? Nicotine is bad ass addictive man. Go to the pictures section and check out some of the end game images of using tobacco. My grandfather swallowed red man for years. Think that caused his colon cancer? My dad smoked a pipe. Was in perfect health and in perfect shape. Did that pipe cause his fatal heart attack at age 51?

I played with fire too. So did Ryan. We. Are. Quit.

Put these thoughts out of your head. I saw a great quote on here one time about opening a drawer, putting your balls in the drawer, then slamming it shut. I think it is ball slamming time. Ryan and I probably wasted close to 80k between the 2 of us over 25 years. Yeah, you read that number right. You wanna be like us????
You gotta want this bro. You gotta want his bad or you dont stand a chance. It is a choice that must be made every morning. You can choose to be a slave or you can choose to be free. Walk the road with me and worktowin. I gaurantee you will be in good company. Shit, you have come this far, why not keep going.

If you want to keep dipping though, go right ahead. We will still be here when your are "ready". Maybe you could wait until you are spitting teeth out or no better yet, what until you have a big tumor on your tongue or need a partial jaw resection, then you can quit.

You know what you have to do man, DO IT. We will quit with you.

Oh by the way, next weekEend will be a breeze if you want it to be. Just post roll early and keep your fucking promise. One day at a time buddy. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PUT THAT SHIT IN YOUR MOUTH. You can do this, we did.
Hmmmmmmm........no comments......but Mike from AB is on my radar....
I hate the poison. I hated it this morning and i hated it mid day. I hate it tonight and I'll continue to hate it until I'm fast asleep.

I don't care what form it comes in. Screw the poison.

This mindset will keep you quit. Any other way of thinking and the poison will screw YOU!!!!!!!!
Ill tell you this, mike... If I were you, I'd jump on the numbers offer from Ryan and Srans. They are both 20x stronger than me. I text both of then a few times a week. They've both helped me out thru some tough times.

You are young. You are smart. Don't be stupid about this. Being stupid about this while young = bad news. Don't invite disaster. Reach out.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »
Quote from: CleanFuel
I hear you on the cigar shit man.  I fell for that one 1000 times, quit dip for a week or two, had some beers, cigar sounded good, whats it gonna hurt, right?   BAM, right back at it, can a day for just like before. 
This. I'm gonna do great at this, except for this scenario, So far so good, but I know what to be on guard for. Week #1 isn't so bad, Im actually more worried about next weekend after I get the clean bill of health I expect from the dentist on Monday when complacency can set in.

Thanks for the PM offer too, I'm gonna stew on that one for a couple days. My thinking definitely isn't there yet, though it makes sense in theory. My usual thought is as long as you're in moderation it can't be too bad.  yeah that's where my mindspace is still at so gotta keep working this thing.
Went to the dentist this morning. Had a great checkup. Great. Love getting my teeth cleaned.

We are all addicts. Why would a good dentist report be an incentive to put a carcinogen back in your head? Nicotine is bad ass addictive man. Go to the pictures section and check out some of the end game images of using tobacco. My grandfather swallowed red man for years. Think that caused his colon cancer? My dad smoked a pipe. Was in perfect health and in perfect shape. Did that pipe cause his fatal heart attack at age 51?

Put these thoughts out of your head. I saw a great quote on here one time about opening a drawer, putting your balls in the drawer, then slamming it shut. I think it is ball slamming time. Ryan and I probably wasted close to 80k between the 2 of us over 25 years. Yeah, you read that number right. You wanna be like us????
You gotta want this bro. You gotta want his bad or you dont stand a chance. It is a choice that must be made every morning. You can choose to be a slave or you can choose to be free. Walk the road with me and worktowin. I gaurantee you will be in good company. Shit, you have come this far, why not keep going.

If you want to keep dipping though, go right ahead. We will still be here when your are "ready". Maybe you could wait until you are spitting teeth out or no better yet, what until you have a big tumor on your tongue or need a partial jaw resection, then you can quit.

Oh by the way, next weekEend will be a breeze if you want it to be. Just post roll early and keep your fucking promise. One day at a time buddy. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PUT THAT SHIT IN YOUR MOUTH. You can do this, we did.
I hate the poison. I hated it this morning and i hated it mid day. I hate it tonight and I'll continue to hate it until I'm fast asleep.

I don't care what form it comes in. Screw the poison.

This mindset will keep you quit. Any other way of thinking and the poison will screw YOU!!!!!!!!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »

Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »