Author Topic: Ugh....the funk;  (Read 1677 times)

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ugh....the funk;
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
Quote from: davenc
Quote from: nomoregrizz
Hey all my fellow quitters.....I have a question. Im on my 22nd day.....I rarely have cravings anymore......when I do they are minor enough that I can push right through them. So Imin class for EMT recertification last night......the class was 4 hours long and had two 15 min breaks plus a few "take 5's" while switching powerpoints. During those breaks I felt awkward as hell......like I had no clue what to do with this time. I mean.....I went to the john or whatever......but when I came back to class, there was hardly anyone there. I didt cave and have no intention of caving.......but to tell you the truth I kind of felt left out......kind of like how you felt when you were kept in for recess for doing something wrong. Its probably nothing.....just another mental thing to get over....but has anyone else felt like this in a social situation?
                      NMG
Next time you are in a situation like that and you go to the john, try masturbating....It will burn up more time so when you are done and come back people will be coming back as well and you will be ready to rock n roll.

Plus it helps fight off those cravings!
The animal inside me agrees with davenc.... you can never go wrong with punching the clown.

The intellect in me agrees with ncheel.... have a book handy to read or prepare yourself for the next presentation in the class.

I know the scenerio that you are talking about. The way I choose to think of it is like this... If everyone went outside during break and stuck a dirty needle in their arm would you feel strange not doing it yourself? They are going outside to slowly kill themselves and you are being a man and gettin' your QUIT on !!!!!

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
Hey all my fellow quitters.....I have a question. Im on my 22nd day.....I rarely have cravings anymore......when I do they are minor enough that I can push right through them. So Imin class for EMT recertification last night......the class was 4 hours long and had two 15 min breaks plus a few "take 5's" while switching powerpoints. During those breaks I felt awkward as hell......like I had no clue what to do with this time. I mean.....I went to the john or whatever......but when I came back to class, there was hardly anyone there. I didt cave and have no intention of caving.......but to tell you the truth I kind of felt left out......kind of like how you felt when you were kept in for recess for doing something wrong. Its probably nothing.....just another mental thing to get over....but has anyone else felt like this in a social situation?
                      NMG
Next time you are in a situation like that and you go to the john, try masturbating....It will burn up more time so when you are done and come back people will be coming back as well and you will be ready to rock n roll.

Plus it helps fight off those cravings!
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline ncheel

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hockey, Football, Golf, Guns
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
NMG
I always have a book with me. The best way to grow is to continue to learn and I have set a goal to read at least 1 non-fiction book a month.
You can't eat an elephant all at once, you have to do it one bite at a time!

Day 1: 25 October 2010
HOF: 1 February 2011
2nd Floor: 12 May 2011
3rd Floor: 21 August 2011
1 Year: 25 October 2011
4th Floor: 29 November 2011
5th Floor: 8 March 2012

Offline nomoregrizz

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »
NMG

Offline bassfishing77

• Interests: fishing, golf, sports
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »
great to hear that happen to me once, woke up from a nap and started tasting blood, looked in my mouth and a blood blister. you can rest easier now, keep the good fight up.

Offline nomoregrizz

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
LMAO.....Semper Fi Coach, and the lump didnt come back at all.....Theres still a tiny spot where it was but no more dark color or bubble or anything.
NMG

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
So there I am....getting ready to sit down with my wife to fill out some of my application for nursing school....(yes Im going to school to be a male nurse....Im also 6'1", 230 lbs and a former Marine...deal with it...LMFAO)...so we are sitting down at the table when I suddenly feel this LUMP on the inside of my mouth...thats right ladies.....I said a LUMP. I excused myself an went up stairs to the bathroom to see what the fuck is in my mouth.....if it aint food,seeds,beer or iced tea I have a SEVERE problem!!! So I look at this thing in the mirror and it's black as coal and about 1/8" across.....Im thinking "Man....I quit too damn late"......I start to fuck around with this thing when suddenly it POPS and all this blood comes oozing out.....kinda gross.....but now the lump is gone and so is the black color. It must have been a blood blister.....I probably bit the inside of my mouth when I was cracking the seed shells. Im gonna keep an eye on it but Im pretty sure Im out of the woods on this one......Im glad I quit when I did. It was shit like this that always worried me.....I was always afraid that someday an ulcer wouldnt heal up or Id start to see those telltale white spots where I packed my dip. Just thought Id share a holy shit moment.
NMG
Well, your #1 problem is you being a puss for trying to convince people you're not one of the limp-wristed nurses... "Male Nurse!" Get over it!!!! Fuck 'em and NEVER explain yourself...but I do have to wonder...if you weren't a corpsman....and truly a marine...and wanting to go to nursing school....hmmmm....at least I had been an FMF corpsman....you though....gotta wonder.....

Seriously, there are all kinds of reasons for that lump...watch it over the next 2-3 days...if it comes back see if it starts getting smaller right away, likely absolutely no problem. If it stays the same size or gets bigger, get that fucker checked out immediately even though it is still unlikely to be anything significant. Don't assume anything, though.

Semper Fi

- CoachDoc
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
So there I am....getting ready to sit down with my wife to fill out some of my application for nursing school....(yes Im going to school to be a male nurse....Im also 6'1", 230 lbs and a former Marine...deal with it...LMFAO)...so we are sitting down at the table when I suddenly feel this LUMP on the inside of my mouth...thats right ladies.....I said a LUMP. I excused myself an went up stairs to the bathroom to see what the fuck is in my mouth.....if it aint food,seeds,beer or iced tea I have a SEVERE problem!!! So I look at this thing in the mirror and it's black as coal and about 1/8" across.....Im thinking "Man....I quit too damn late"......I start to fuck around with this thing when suddenly it POPS and all this blood comes oozing out.....kinda gross.....but now the lump is gone and so is the black color. It must have been a blood blister.....I probably bit the inside of my mouth when I was cracking the seed shells. Im gonna keep an eye on it but Im pretty sure Im out of the woods on this one......Im glad I quit when I did. It was shit like this that always worried me.....I was always afraid that someday an ulcer wouldnt heal up or Id start to see those telltale white spots where I packed my dip. Just thought Id share a holy shit moment.
                      NMG
Well, your #1 problem is you being a puss for trying to convince people you're not one of the limp-wristed nurses... "Male Nurse!" Get over it!!!! Fuck 'em and NEVER explain yourself...but I do have to wonder...if you weren't a corpsman....and truly a marine...and wanting to go to nursing school....hmmmm....at least I had been an FMF corpsman....you though....gotta wonder.....

Seriously, there are all kinds of reasons for that lump...watch it over the next 2-3 days...if it comes back see if it starts getting smaller right away, likely absolutely no problem. If it stays the same size or gets bigger, get that fucker checked out immediately even though it is still unlikely to be anything significant. Don't assume anything, though.

Semper Fi

- CoachDoc
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
double post

Incidently, was it on the roof of your mouth?

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Incidently, was it on the roof of your mouth?

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
NMG
Definitely sounds like a blood blister... If it hasn't started healing in a couple of days you should go to the doc to get checked out.
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
NMG
That is some scary shit NMG!!
Glad to hear it appears to just be a blood blister.
And now that I know your dimensions I won't make fun of you being a male nurse... LOL!!

Offline nomoregrizz

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
NMG

Offline nomoregrizz

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
NMG

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »
10 days is HUGE, dude. I recall that when I got to Day 10, it finally started to sink in that this time was different.

I always thought I would be strong enough to quit, but at Day 10 I started to know I could do it.

Congrats!