Author Topic: thinking its about time to quit  (Read 6890 times)

Offline corince06

• Quitter
    • none
  • Interests: Golf, Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Hunting, Fishing, Fitness, Cars
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: thinking its about time to quit
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: corince06
Anybody else out there want to divorce their wife when they were quutting? Rage has been becoming an issue and I could use some veteran advice.
First let me suggest you send her here to read the spouse section. It can be helpful for her to understand what your are going through. You are fighting against an addiction, not just kicking some nasty habit.

Second be sure to focus any anger/rage towards the real culprit here, nicotine. The nic bitch made you her slave and she doesn't not go quietly. I found that the anger is really just the poison trying to talk me into "just one" to make it all better. It's a lie, your around the 1 month mark and starting to truly come out of the initial "fog". Good times are ahead, you are winning brother. Keep posting, jump in chat or text someone when your raging. Bottom line, use all the tools at your disposal.

I quit with you today, let me know if I can help you in any way.
Sent her the link, we will see if it helps. Thanks you guys
QD 2-11-14

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
Quote from: jlud007
Anybody else out there want to divorce their wife when they were quutting? Rage has been becoming an issue and I could use some veteran advice.
First let me suggest you send her here to read the spouse section. It can be helpful for her to understand what your are going through. You are fighting against an addiction, not just kicking some nasty habit.

Second be sure to focus any anger/rage towards the real culprit here, nicotine. The nic bitch made you her slave and she doesn't not go quietly. I found that the anger is really just the poison trying to talk me into "just one" to make it all better. It's a lie, your around the 1 month mark and starting to truly come out of the initial "fog". Good times are ahead, you are winning brother. Keep posting, jump in chat or text someone when your raging. Bottom line, use all the tools at your disposal.

007 gave some great advice.

I would go up to her and give her a kiss/hug and do something nice for her. Go out of your way to treat her well. Expect nothing in return.

Vent your frustrations on your intro, in your quit group, or at your text buddies.

Remember the the Nic bitch is the culprit. You have divorced that bitch today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »

Offline corince06

• Quitter
    • none
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »
QD 2-11-14

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: mogul
Corince also volunteered to do some spreadsheet work as well.  Good to see him on such a roll!
first of all slug, thanks for sharing that. Second, Corince, dude, way to man up. I don't know what to say, I'm kinda well speechless and humbled.
Mogul, speechless?
The internet thanks you, Cornice!
Lol I take it mogul doesn't get speechless?
Or humbled either! Right!?!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline corince06

• Quitter
    • none
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »
Corince also volunteered to do some spreadsheet work as well.  Good to see him on such a roll!
first of all slug, thanks for sharing that. Second, Corince, dude, way to man up. I don't know what to say, I'm kinda well speechless and humbled.
Mogul, speechless?
Lol I take it mogul doesn't get speechless?
QD 2-11-14

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2014, 10:45:00 AM »
Mogul, speechless?
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline corince06

• Quitter
    • none
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Ron_Cross
I believe that the further you travel your quit journey the more you will come to understand that these people on the internet have had one goal the whole entire time. That goal is for you to quit nicotine for good. They really are doing God's work. Nobody sends them a monthly check for helping fellow addicts. They do it because they care deep down inside about you. Congrats on staying quit. Spread your quit network far and wide. Help a fellow addict. Doing so will only strengthen your quit.
Well I learned that the hard way like everything I do in life lol. I tend to be stubborn and hard headed but I'm glad I thought about everything and decided to drink the look aid finally.
QD 2-11-14

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
Corince also volunteered to do some spreadsheet work as well. Good to see him on such a roll!

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »
I believe that the further you travel your quit journey the more you will come to understand that these people on the internet have had one goal the whole entire time. That goal is for you to quit nicotine for good. They really are doing God's work. Nobody sends them a monthly check for helping fellow addicts. They do it because they care deep down inside about you. Congrats on staying quit. Spread your quit network far and wide. Help a fellow addict. Doing so will only strengthen your quit.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
Corince also volunteered to do some spreadsheet work as well. Good to see him on such a roll!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
What happened. I don't have any excuses at why I caved like a bitch.  I wanted to dip and stopped saying no because I had no support due to my arrogance of leaving the KTC community.

Why did it happen.
I joined the site and didnt take it serious.  After three weeks I stopped posting roll because I thohght the site was a joke.  I left the KTC community and sure enough everyone was right I caved.  I didnt text anyone or use chat or any support from the site thats there to help me. 

What are you going to different. I'm going to commit to the KTC program this time around.  I have been reading other peoples posts who have made their quits and stayed quit.  I am going to text fellow group members for help and to support them as well as message members on a daily basis. 

Ok so here are my revised answers to the three questions.  I apologize to everyone for being an arrogant douche bag.  Sorry it took so long to redo this but I wanted to prove my commitment.
Bro... I am really glad to read this post tonight. The first thing I did was go to the May 2014 spreadsheet to check out your roll call status. 100% post rate and 21 days quit. That is what I like to see. That is how you come back. It looks like someone has consumed some KTC kool aid.

The addict in all of us is rough around the edges. We all say stuff in the heat of battle. No worries here.

I'm proud of you and will quit with you all day long!
21 days of 100% posting. THAT IS HOW IT'S DONE! Keep your chin tucked and your hands up. Temptation will sneak up on you.

Well done!
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
Quote from: ScrewYouCope
Proud to be quit with you Corince!  Good chatting the other night!  My 2 favorites NAFAR and ODDAT!  Live by those 2 statements and life gets better!
Nafar? I havent heard that one yet lol
Never Again For Any Reason
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline corince06

• Quitter
    • none
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »
Quote from: ScrewYouCope
Proud to be quit with you Corince! Good chatting the other night! My 2 favorites NAFAR and ODDAT! Live by those 2 statements and life gets better!
Nafar? I havent heard that one yet lol
QD 2-11-14

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
Niiice corey! Qlf.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.