Author Topic: New guy. Day 1  (Read 3426 times)

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New guy. Day 1
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »
Thanks Keddy. I got it. but I appreciate the offer!
In life, Its not how far you have come. It is what you have done with the miles.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
Quote from: swampdrummer
Pretty foggy this morning. More than usual my wife would say :unsure: But doing OK other than that. Yesterday was pretty rough. But I had to fast for a lab test yesterday afternoon on top of it being day one... Not fun.
But, I'll make it! Each day will get better
After three days of quit the nicotine will physically be out of your body. One more day to go, brother. If you need someone to talk to send me a PM immediately.

You can do this!

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Pretty foggy this morning. More than usual my wife would say :unsure: But doing OK other than that. Yesterday was pretty rough. But I had to fast for a lab test yesterday afternoon on top of it being day one... Not fun.
But, I'll make it! Each day will get better
In life, Its not how far you have come. It is what you have done with the miles.

Offline Gold Lid Addict

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
Keep reading, hop in the live chat room when the suck gets bad, take the time to read some Hall Of Fame Speeches...it all helps get you through the suck.

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
Thanks for the welcome folks. Man, there is a LOT of info on this site! I'm still reading and absorbing. But day 1 is about over and tomorrow will be number 2!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
Congrats, Swamp!!! Great choice. Yes, it will suck. But embrace the suck. That is the feeling of recovery. Getting through the suck is the fight to save your own life...it is a matter of life and death.

But the suck is kinda cool if you really think about it. Nobody gets though it for the asking. Nobody can do it for you. There is no cheating, no short-cuts. It doesn't matter who your daddy knows. Pills and patches don't help. You simply must earn it...one day at a time.

The good news is that everyone on this site is here to help you. That is a shit-load of people who are fighting this fight and earning their freedom one day at a time.

Welcome to the fight, brother!!!

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
Hi Folks.
OK. I'm in. Been dipping a can a day of either Skoal or Cope for over 30 years. 2 years ago I had over 7K in dental work done. Mostly damage from neglect and tobacco but still lost half the damn teeth in my head. But I still didn't quit!'bang head'

I'm 44 now and tired of it. Time to take my life back. Between snuff and beer, that I'm dumping at the same time. I've got some rough days/weeks/months ahead but its time.
Lets roll!
Congrats on making the decision to be here.

Head on over to May and post roll.

I like what I am hearing - the dumping of the can and beer - as much as I love a good dark beer, you obviously have figured out that the beer is not your quit buddy. Make sure you find a good quit buddy or two over in May - get numbers for calling or texting when those craves kick in to high gear.
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
Hi Folks.
OK. I'm in. Been dipping a can a day of either Skoal or Cope for over 30 years. 2  years ago I had over 7K in dental work done. Mostly damage from neglect and tobacco but still lost half the damn teeth in my head. But I still didn't quit!'bang head'

I'm 44 now and tired of it. Time to take my life back. Between snuff and beer, that I'm dumping at the same time. I've got some rough days/weeks/months ahead but its time. 
Lets roll!
Head on over to May 2012 and post roll, promising to not use any form of nicotine today.

If you need help posting roll, check out the WELCOME CENTER link above.

As I said in my PM, you can do this and your life is worth it!

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
New guy. Day 1
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
Hi Folks.
OK. I'm in. Been dipping a can a day of either Skoal or Cope for over 30 years. 2 years ago I had over 7K in dental work done. Mostly damage from neglect and tobacco but still lost half the damn teeth in my head. But I still didn't quit!'bang head'

Lets roll!