Author Topic: New guy. Day 1  (Read 3431 times)

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New guy. Day 1
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Just found a wicked trigger that I'd not thought about. Who would have guessed the Nic Bitch would stand outside the grocery store??? Had to stop for a few groceries on the way home and after I checked out I went out the doors and reached in my front shirt pocket, like I've done for the last 30 YEARS, and all that was there was a can of Hooch. Serious crave that is just now leaving and that was 2 hours ago. Always keep your guard up folks.
In life, Its not how far you have come. It is what you have done with the miles.

Offline djr2

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, lifting, music, surfing
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
Perfect.. From what I understand, exercising when the cravings hit is the way to go.. Stay strong bro!
'Champions are made when there are no bodies looking'
Quit Date: 1-26-2012
HOF Date: 5-4-2012
HOF Speech -Once an addict, always an addict..

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Yeah, The weekends gonna be interesting. But I live 20 miles from the closest store and I sure as hell ain't buying anything on the way home. Just going to try and stay busy but I'm there. day at a time.....
In life, Its not how far you have come. It is what you have done with the miles.

Offline djr2

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
Hahaha, that is straight up AWESOME.. I was stoked to post roll this morning knowing I'm gona be nic free for the day.. When tomorrow comes, we'll face it together!!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
Quote from: swampdrummer
Got it by the nads DJR!

Weird night last night. Went to bed around 9 and fell asleep fine. Woke up thinking my alarm had gone off starting at 1 am and every hour after that till 4 am when I usually get up. What was really strange is I sat up each and every hour and my first thought was, "I've got to post roll!" Not, wheres my can of copenhagen. Pretty amazing for only 3 days in I think.
You, sir, are badass! 'clap'

Sleep will return to normal pretty soon. If you are a coffee drinker, cut back a bit- being quit enhances the effect of caffeine.

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
Got it by the nads DJR!

Weird night last night. Went to bed around 9 and fell asleep fine. Woke up thinking my alarm had gone off starting at 1 am and every hour after that till 4 am when I usually get up. What was really strange is I sat up each and every hour and my first thought was, "I've got to post roll!" Not, wheres my can of copenhagen. Pretty amazing for only 3 days in I think.

Offline djr2

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »
Swampdrummer, I'm in with you bud.. I feel exactly where you're coming from when you say its tough being around dippers and being outside..
Each day will get easier..!! We got this..!!

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
Good point Radz. Ya'll haven't steered me wrong yet. I'll get some walking in tomorrow at work.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Got home without anymore drama. Sitting here with a tall glass of water. Another hour and a half till bedtime then day 2 is done. Get up tomorrow and do it again! I'll start with the exersizing once I start feeling halfway human again.
The exercise will help you feel human again much faster.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Got home without anymore drama. Sitting here with a tall glass of water. Another hour and a half till bedtime then day 2 is done. Get up tomorrow and do it again! I'll start with the exersizing once I start feeling halfway human again.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Oh man, Had to go to the field for a couple of hours to inspect a project and the suck hit me big time. Not sure what it was. The heat or being around other dippers.  or what but I feel like shit right now. But still don't want a dip. Just want to stop feeling like shit! I'll make it....
It will get better. Just hang in there.

Get some pure cranberry juice, not the sugary stuff. about $8-$10 a bottle and tastes like crap but it is worth it. (helps with the detox). Then LOTS of water.
I concur drink a ton of water, it really helps. Also if you are inclined to exercise, go bust your butt in the gym, it will do wonders, and then drink more water.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
Oh man, Had to go to the field for a couple of hours to inspect a project and the suck hit me big time. Not sure what it was. The heat or being around other dippers. or what but I feel like shit right now. But still don't want a dip. Just want to stop feeling like shit! I'll make it....
It will get better. Just hang in there.

Get some pure cranberry juice, not the sugary stuff. about $8-$10 a bottle and tastes like crap but it is worth it. (helps with the detox). Then LOTS of water.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
Oh man, Had to go to the field for a couple of hours to inspect a project and the suck hit me big time. Not sure what it was. The heat or being around other dippers. or what but I feel like shit right now. But still don't want a dip. Just want to stop feeling like shit! I'll make it....

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 01:54:00 PM »
Understood Bean, and I have read the Kearn story... I'm really doing ok. Been craving just a little but not bad. Little foggy but that seems to come and go. Got a good nights sleep last night. I am using the fake snuff, heavily. and that seems to help a bunch.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »
Remember, the stakes couldn't be higher. It is your life. Read the Kern Family story. Think of the pain that that family has been through because one guy couldn't stop putting shit in his face.