Author Topic: New guy. Day 1  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: New guy. Day 1
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: swampdrummer
Damn, Missed this until now. Thanks guys! Been at an archery clinic all weekend.Bunch of snuff and beer around  but I slipped right on thru the weekend without and had a great time.
Freedom is an AMAZING thing !!
Right on swampie!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
Damn, Missed this until now. Thanks guys! Been at an archery clinic all weekend.Bunch of snuff and beer around but I slipped right on thru the weekend without and had a great time.
Freedom is an AMAZING thing !!

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
Damn, Missed this until now. Thanks guys! Been at an archery clinic all weekend.Bunch of snuff and beer around but I slipped right on thru the weekend without and had a great time.
In life, Its not how far you have come. It is what you have done with the miles.

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
Congrats on a hundo!

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
Thanks guys,
Tsmith. Yes, I bowhunt. Almost year round Deer from August till January. Turkey right now and Hogs the rest of the year.
I Shoot a Kanati longbow. No wheels or sights. Definately limits me as far as range goes as a 20 yard shot would be a loooong shot with a traditional bow but thats the fun in it!
Nice work making it to 100 days!

Congrats brother!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline djr2

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, lifting, music, surfing
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
Swampie, Congrats on the 100 days my man.. Its an even bigger accomplishment you kicked the beer and dip and the same time..
Proud to be quit with you today brother!!

djr2
'Champions are made when there are no bodies looking'
Quit Date: 1-26-2012
HOF Date: 5-4-2012
HOF Speech -Once an addict, always an addict..

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
Thanks guys,
Tsmith. Yes, I bowhunt. Almost year round Deer from August till January. Turkey right now and Hogs the rest of the year.
I Shoot a Kanati longbow. No wheels or sights. Definately limits me as far as range goes as a 20 yard shot would be a loooong shot with a traditional bow but thats the fun in it!
A hog hunt sounds really fun. We only get turkeys and deer up here in Iowa.

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
Thanks guys,
In life, Its not how far you have come. It is what you have done with the miles.

Offline djr2

• Quitter
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Well, yet another activity in the books as do-able without a dip in the lip or a beer in hand.
Spent the last 3 days at Florida State Championship traditional archery shoot and stayed clean all the way thru! :D
Avoided temptations such as offered beers and dip and as soon as I explained I was quit, I experienced nothing but positive support.

I even shot better this year than last. Still no threat to the title but maybe next year. 'no'
Hahaha, well your guess is as good as mine..!! ^_^
Good on you for staying quit through those 3 days man, thats awesome.. Even better that you received positive support from the people around you..

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
Well, yet another activity in the books as do-able without a dip in the lip or a beer in hand.
Spent the last 3 days at Florida State Championship traditional archery shoot and stayed clean all the way thru! :D
Avoided temptations such as offered beers and dip and as soon as I explained I was quit, I experienced nothing but positive support.

I even shot better this year than last. Still no threat to the title but maybe next year. 'no'
Do you go bow-hunting too? If so, what kind of bow do you shoot? Nice job on the commitment by the way.

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
LOL, Thanks DJR. I'm not so sure I'd follow my days as an accurate count. I usually have to go check the spreadsheet these days! And sometimes I still screw it up at O'dark thirty when I'm trying to post roll.
You may take the lead this weekend as far as posting roll goes. I'm going to be in the middle of the Ocala National Forest for a 3 day state championship archery competition. I should have internet access but if not, I've got digits.
Glad you are here. Keep up the great work.

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
LOL, Thanks DJR. I'm not so sure I'd follow my days as an accurate count. I usually have to go check the spreadsheet these days! And sometimes I still screw it up at O'dark thirty when I'm trying to post roll.
You may take the lead this weekend as far as posting roll goes. I'm going to be in the middle of the Ocala National Forest for a 3 day state championship archery competition. I should have internet access but if not, I've got digits.

Offline djr2

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »
Day 33

Just random thoughts that I wanted to keep.

This is really starting to feel like something to feel proud of! I'm quit and don't want to be any other way.

I'm still dealing with the blahs at least one day every weekend but its getting easier each week. I'm sure part of that is that I used to drink, and drink heavily on the weekends. Thats gone now too. Forever. I'm finding myself awake and sober and I think my mind just isn't sure what to do with this yet.

The nic bitch is still around. Had a sick thought pop into my head the other day. I could quit this quit today and everybody on my list that got the email below would forgive me and life would go on. Everybody except me. And this quit is about and for ME. I'm not going to fail me!

So, The re-invention of Swampdrummer continues. No telling how he is going to turn out. But I bet its gonna be a pretty decent fellow 'no'
Swampie, this update is awesome and that e-mail to your friends and family is even better..!!
Good for you man, I'm sure they're just as proud as you are.. Stay strong and stay quit!!

Oh by the way, in the morning when I'm waking up and posting roll, I forget what day I'm on.. I say to myself "just check Swampie, and you're a day behind him".. Hahah, so don't fuck me over and post after me!! hahahah

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
Day 33

Just random thoughts that I wanted to keep.

This is really starting to feel like something to feel proud of! I'm quit and don't want to be any other way.

I'm still dealing with the blahs at least one day every weekend but its getting easier each week. I'm sure part of that is that I used to drink, and drink heavily on the weekends. Thats gone now too. Forever. I'm finding myself awake and sober and I think my mind just isn't sure what to do with this yet.

The nic bitch is still around. Had a sick thought pop into my head the other day. I could quit this quit today and everybody on my list that got the email below would forgive me and life would go on. Everybody except me. And this quit is about and for ME. I'm not going to fail me!

So, The re-invention of Swampdrummer continues. No telling how he is going to turn out. But I bet its gonna be a pretty decent fellow 'no'
That's great stuff Swampie. You should be proud bro. This certainly ain't easy. Takes determination to change yourself daily and stick to it.

Glad you're here.