Author Topic: Newbie: I decided tonight  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie: I decided tonight
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:35:00 AM »
There is no good reason to dip. Plain and simple. Pissing and moaning is encouraged here. Every second your are bitching to us is another second you are not using nicotine. Any of us will talk to you about what you are going through. That's why we are here. We are all in this together, whether you have 1 day quit or 1,000. We are all working towards the same continuous goal of freedom from nicotine.

Go post you Day 1 in May. You can read about how to do that at this link : index.php?showtopic=50.
You can also read about what roll means here: index.php?showtopic=120

Read as much as you can on this site, post your roll everyday, keep your word, ask questions, take advice, and you WILL be successful. I sent you a message through Personal Messenger, check your Inbox (1) at the top right of the screen. Get some gum or some sunflower seeds and get ready to feel like shit for about a week. It will be hard, but it WILL get easier. Now, go post your day 1 and stay quit.

Offline Braker

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Newbie: I decided tonight
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:56:00 AM »
Hey everyone,

I started dipping when I was 16 and I turn 21 in May. I've tried quitting before but I always fell back into the trap and felt guilty and was always paranoid I had cancer. Tonight I decided that I'm better than that. A fraternity brother asked me why I dipped and I couldnt think of a good reason. It kind of struck me deep.

My mom told me her biggest fear was that I would call home from college and tell her something was wrong. I thought about that every time I put a dip in.

I read the website and I know it said people could come on here and piss and moan but I want to ask to be sure. Can I come on here and rant and rave and piss and moan? The last couple times I tried quitting I just wanted someone to talk to about it and no one would hear me out.
Quit Day 5/9/13

"I have leaned on cnc and my other brothers more times than I can count. However, all of them are merely bullets in my arsenal of quit. I walk into this quit everyday with the biggest, baddest gun I can. But I have to pull the trigger. If I run out of bullets, I throw the fucking gun and attack.
My gun cannot fight this battle for me.
It is mine and mine alone." - Wastepanel