Author Topic: Newbie: I decided tonight  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie: I decided tonight
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Erussell
Breaker,,, where the are you at? I dont have you on roll since 6-27! Get your ass back in here and post with us before you fuck up, if you have already fucked up get your ass back in and be a man like Matt F (the guy you bashed for what you are doing) and post a day one in October.
Don't know where frat boy went to has to be long outta college by now looking back over some of the thread. Sounds like she called his name....
I spoke to him this morning and he says he is still quit! He does not want to be on the site because the site makes him crave chew.... If not on the site he NEVER thinks about chew. I told him he needs to come back. Unless he is an anomaly, It is not possible IMO to be quit such a short time and Never think about chew! That defies all logic when it comes to the laws of addiction! I know today that I will still battle this addiction 10.20.30.40 years from now! This has all the makings of a planned cave!
Get his promise via text.

It's not for us. It's for him.

Don't break down those walls of communication.
Great idea.... I just text him and made that offer!
I offered it too. He hasn't responded to it. I told him I can't drag him back but that when he did crave he would wish he had his promise posted up here. He hasn't responded to me.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Breaker,,, where the are you at? I dont have you on roll since 6-27! Get your ass back in here and post with us before you fuck up, if you have already fucked up get your ass back in and be a man like Matt F (the guy you bashed for what you are doing) and post a day one in October.
Don't know where frat boy went to has to be long outta college by now looking back over some of the thread. Sounds like she called his name....
I spoke to him this morning and he says he is still quit! He does not want to be on the site because the site makes him crave chew.... If not on the site he NEVER thinks about chew. I told him he needs to come back. Unless he is an anomaly, It is not possible IMO to be quit such a short time and Never think about chew! That defies all logic when it comes to the laws of addiction! I know today that I will still battle this addiction 10.20.30.40 years from now! This has all the makings of a planned cave!

Great idea.... I just text him and made that offer!

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 03:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Sage
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Braker
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: Capt
Quote from: Wt57
First of all it appears you are being allowed to stay welcome back.  I reflected back on my life to your age, and I decided yes I probably would have reacted the same way you did at your age.  You have taken your lumps now you know the drill and do what you promised. 

You are in a frat and I am sure there are rules and regulations and there are consequences for violating the most sacred frat rules. for example loss of position in the frat, loss of trust, physical punishment to even expulsion from the frat.  They get rid of you because you violated the trust and rules of the brotherhood. 

This site is a brother/sisterhood also our bonds are just as strong if not stronger and we dont like them violated.  I dont think how the vets and others were out of line at all.  I think yes they were angry upset with you but during all of the posts they were focused on your quit and protecting the quits of everyone here. The admin, moderators, vets, and others have accountablity to hold people to the standards that have been established.  For me this site has to be the way it is to help me.  For the first time in my life I have admitted that I am an addict and I need help this site has taken me in provided me with tools to combat the NIC BITCH.  So on a personal note I dont take kindly to something fucking that up for me. 

On a personal note for you, you cant serve two masters.  Your frat in college is one that promotes everything you are trying to get away from and this site doesnt want nicotine in your body.  I know you say its only 9 days but between now and then you are going to be tempted everyday...so get up early post roll.  PM if you need anything or my digits.
Hi guys, I'm Joe. This isnt my first venture on KTC, rather my third. Im currently on Day 8 and pretty proud to be there. My quit is going pretty good. I have cravings here and there but nothing detrimental. I suspect that my quit has been less intense due to the short time I dipped as compared to some gentlemen with 20, 30 or 40 years under their belts. I want to be here to stay but several of the gentlemen that I met when I first joined the site are no longer here and I feel like a stranger. Might as well re introduce myself, right?
'Crazy' WTF makes you think all of us stupid dumbass long term addicts have a harder time quitting?? Actually after you've been around a while and watched addicts cave you will find the younger guys have a poorer rate of staying quit. Just look at you you're already third time 'trying'!
You can't judge the intensity of your craving or quit your only quit 8 days! If you caved the other times I suppose they were even less intense. My experience of caving over 40 years each time became more intense and difficult. You may think because your quit is going pretty good you are a real quit stud. Beware you think a fresh start will make quitting easier but don't underestimate the power of addiction. You said you wanted to start your new life with new "habits" that's great but don't forget your still a addict, and always will be!
57 nails this. You better cling to this site like you would to a rope over a vat of acid. Like hanging on to a life preserver in a nasty rip current. Or you will be back here in 20 years saying sorry for caving if your lucky. Having a beam of radiation burning your face if you are not. Last bit of advise........get some numbers....it could save your life.
Double what those guys said. They are wise.

You suspect your quit has been less intense than us low life long term dipper's? Then why the fuck do you keep caving?

Another young punk who thinks they're the shit. Get your head out of your ass and realize youre a fucking addict, just like the rest of us.

You cant be a little bit pregnant and you cant be a little bit of an addict. Get your shit together son and quit right this time. If an old fuck up like me can do it, surely a young buck like yourself can.

Man up.
+ infinity

I know that my life got waaaaay less complicated when I left the frat house 'Crazy'
Also, I wonder if Braken has the scrotum to even read Capt's and Diesel's and Wt's intros - much less get their numbers... :doubtful
I have been thoroughly insulted.

My opinions and thoughts on my experiences are clearly wrong, and i obviously have no capacity to reach conclusions on my own. I will refrain from speaking my mind in the future. Thank you for setting me straight. From now on my posts will be concise and lacking any personal thought to avoid the humiliation I have experienced from being a recurring phenomenon. Thank you. I appreciate your Sarcasm and underhanded comments.

I'll take my leave. I'm sorry to have offended.

Day 11
Just post day 12. If you were seriously offended go play with dolls.

Say whatever you wish on here and then others say stuff back. Wont always be something you like or even nice. I had a guy call me a pussy and to go have chest pains and panic attacks (something that happened to me early in my quit).

I think I told him something about his wife. Big fucking deal. Its not the norm on this site but it happens. I'm still here. Not sure that he is.

Tell you what IS the norm on this site...SUPPORT. It will come in different forms. Tough love, support from your quit groups, support in the forums, support in chat, support from texts, etc...

Only thing I can think of that offers more support is my jock strap, because my crank looks like a pringles can stuck between two softballs with a half a grapefruit on top.

Stick around kid.
Don't you dare leave, Braker...I am invested in your quit. I am a Lady and I have to put up with all sorts of shit on this site....it is worth it for the unparalleled help I get to stay quit. I just grew balls...yours just need to grow bigger and titanium. :)
For that reason alone ^^^^ you need to hang bro!

It's all just words man... Some of it's personal opinion... Some of it's offensive... Some of it's useful... Some of it's not... Some of it's brilliant... Some of it's profound... Some of it's bullshit... Whatever. ALL of it is about ALL of us being quit. Take and use what you need... Ignore the rest. Stay quit. Glad to quit with you today...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Sage

• Quitter
  • Interests: My husband, my boys 15 yo and 12 yo, camping, boating, quilting
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 03:07:00 AM »
First of all it appears you are being allowed to stay welcome back.  I reflected back on my life to your age, and I decided yes I probably would have reacted the same way you did at your age.  You have taken your lumps now you know the drill and do what you promised. 

You are in a frat and I am sure there are rules and regulations and there are consequences for violating the most sacred frat rules. for example loss of position in the frat, loss of trust, physical punishment to even expulsion from the frat.  They get rid of you because you violated the trust and rules of the brotherhood. 

This site is a brother/sisterhood also our bonds are just as strong if not stronger and we dont like them violated.  I dont think how the vets and others were out of line at all.  I think yes they were angry upset with you but during all of the posts they were focused on your quit and protecting the quits of everyone here. The admin, moderators, vets, and others have accountablity to hold people to the standards that have been established.  For me this site has to be the way it is to help me.  For the first time in my life I have admitted that I am an addict and I need help this site has taken me in provided me with tools to combat the NIC BITCH.  So on a personal note I dont take kindly to something fucking that up for me. 

On a personal note for you, you cant serve two masters.  Your frat in college is one that promotes everything you are trying to get away from and this site doesnt want nicotine in your body.  I know you say its only 9 days but between now and then you are going to be tempted everyday...so get up early post roll.  PM if you need anything or my digits.
Hi guys, I'm Joe. This isnt my first venture on KTC, rather my third. Im currently on Day 8 and pretty proud to be there. My quit is going pretty good. I have cravings here and there but nothing detrimental. I suspect that my quit has been less intense due to the short time I dipped as compared to some gentlemen with 20, 30 or 40 years under their belts. I want to be here to stay but several of the gentlemen that I met when I first joined the site are no longer here and I feel like a stranger. Might as well re introduce myself, right?
'Crazy' WTF makes you think all of us stupid dumbass long term addicts have a harder time quitting?? Actually after you've been around a while and watched addicts cave you will find the younger guys have a poorer rate of staying quit. Just look at you you're already third time 'trying'!
You can't judge the intensity of your craving or quit your only quit 8 days! If you caved the other times I suppose they were even less intense. My experience of caving over 40 years each time became more intense and difficult. You may think because your quit is going pretty good you are a real quit stud. Beware you think a fresh start will make quitting easier but don't underestimate the power of addiction. You said you wanted to start your new life with new "habits" that's great but don't forget your still a addict, and always will be!
57 nails this. You better cling to this site like you would to a rope over a vat of acid. Like hanging on to a life preserver in a nasty rip current. Or you will be back here in 20 years saying sorry for caving if your lucky. Having a beam of radiation burning your face if you are not. Last bit of advise........get some numbers....it could save your life.

You suspect your quit has been less intense than us low life long term dipper's? Then why the fuck do you keep caving?

Another young punk who thinks they're the shit. Get your head out of your ass and realize youre a fucking addict, just like the rest of us.

You cant be a little bit pregnant and you cant be a little bit of an addict. Get your shit together son and quit right this time. If an old fuck up like me can do it, surely a young buck like yourself can.

Man up.
+ infinity

I know that my life got waaaaay less complicated when I left the frat house 'Crazy'
Also, I wonder if Braken has the scrotum to even read Capt's and Diesel's and Wt's intros - much less get their numbers... :doubtful

My opinions and thoughts on my experiences are clearly wrong, and i obviously have no capacity to reach conclusions on my own. I will refrain from speaking my mind in the future. Thank you for setting me straight. From now on my posts will be concise and lacking any personal thought to avoid the humiliation I have experienced from being a recurring phenomenon. Thank you. I appreciate your Sarcasm and underhanded comments.

Day 11

Say whatever you wish on here and then others say stuff back. Wont always be something you like or even nice. I had a guy call me a pussy and to go have chest pains and panic attacks (something that happened to me early in my quit).

I think I told him something about his wife. Big fucking deal. Its not the norm on this site but it happens. I'm still here. Not sure that he is.

Tell you what IS the norm on this site...SUPPORT. It will come in different forms. Tough love, support from your quit groups, support in the forums, support in chat, support from texts, etc...

Only thing I can think of that offers more support is my jock strap, because my crank looks like a pringles can stuck between two softballs with a half a grapefruit on top.

Stick around kid.
Don't you dare leave, Braker...I am invested in your quit. I am a Lady and I have to put up with all sorts of shit on this site....it is worth it for the unparalleled help I get to stay quit. I just grew balls...yours just need to grow bigger and titanium. :)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 12:42:00 AM »

Man up.
+ infinity

Day 11

Stick around kid.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »

Man up.
+ infinity

Day 11
Braker, don't be that guy. You've not been insulted in even one imaginable way. These guys use tough love because nicotine requires the tough love of quit brothers. Don't be the guy to push that assistance away because of your own stupid pride. I lost that stupid "me first" pride when I finally closed the door on dip and I bet most of these guys did, too. YOU NEED HELP; we all did.

When you finally choose humility, fragility, and "damn, maybe these guys know what they're talking about," your contributions to this site that you so crave (we all do) will be in the unique experiences of your own quit. And they WILL be unique to you. Those stories, those day-to-day battles, get to be your unique contribution to current and future quitters.

You offended nobody, but you probably left most of us wondering if you had the gonads to accept the humility in quitting that very few 21 year olds are capable of knowing. At 21, you feel invincible. We all did. Don't come back here in 15 years realizing you're not. Do this NOW. Drop your shields and listen to these vets. I'm not a vet. I still listen. And I'm not old yet, just grateful for allowing myself to let my guard down and admit I needed help.

I would love to quit with you every single fucking day.

Offline Braker

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2013, 11:45:00 PM »

Man up.
+ infinity

Day 11
Quit Day 5/9/13

"I have leaned on cnc and my other brothers more times than I can count. However, all of them are merely bullets in my arsenal of quit. I walk into this quit everyday with the biggest, baddest gun I can. But I have to pull the trigger. If I run out of bullets, I throw the fucking gun and attack.
My gun cannot fight this battle for me.
It is mine and mine alone." - Wastepanel

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »

Man up.
+ infinity

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48:00 PM »

Man up.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Capt Kylos

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-11-28
  • Interests: 2nd Dan Black Belt ITF Taekwondo, Judo, Krav Maga,Jujitsu, fishing, single malt scotch and craft beer.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »

Chew is for the weak, the ignorant, the stupid.....don't be stupid. Not stupid as of 11/28/10
Before you cave read this http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4938
Acting with almost as much speed as cyanide, nicotine is well
established as one of the most toxic drugs known. In humans,
60mg (a drop) is a lethal dose, and death follows intake within a few minutes. Dr. Charles Ksir

Mouth cancer kills
one American every hour.

Stay Quit...it's life or death.....
Don't Cave

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »

4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda