Author Topic: User29029 Quit Journal and Intro  (Read 1759 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: User29029 Quit Journal and Intro
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2016, 07:57:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
User. Like Vader above at your 100, i still remember your first day here.
Congrats on your day 200.
Celebrate it and keep up the strong quit.
200 is awesome brother! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2043
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2016, 02:37:00 PM »
User. Like Vader above at your 100, i still remember your first day here.
Congrats on your day 200.
Celebrate it and keep up the strong quit.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2015, 08:25:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: invader
User8675309,

Well done, sir! I remember your first day here, and somehow I just knew you'd get to this point. Congrats!
No suprise, congrats and don't change a damn thing, it's working! Quit on!
Congratulations on a big win, the first of many. You fought hard to get here, and the pride you feel about HOF is just the beginning. The happiness your family feels is something that no one can ever take away.

Quit with you today!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2015, 08:36:00 PM »
Quote from: invader
User8675309,

Well done, sir! I remember your first day here, and somehow I just knew you'd get to this point. Congrats!
No suprise, congrats and don't change a damn thing, it's working! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2015, 05:44:00 PM »
User8675309,

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2043
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »
HAPPY HOF DAY
User!

very proud to quit with you today.. cheers to all your +1's!

'party2'
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2015, 06:11:00 PM »
Proud as hell of you and your story today bro. Early congrats on that hundo tomorrow too, you sir have earned it. 'Cheers'
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »
Keep up carrying that torch we are all here get numbers if you dont if u need one I can have mine pm me. Getting numbers is not ghey it adds another level of realism and accountability. Keep your guard up on the weekends have a safety plan...which involves pulling the trigger if u start to teeter. Keep your head up it gets better better beyond your wildest dreams.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
User my brother you are blowing it up my brother. You understand that this shits not easy and you will fight for your freedom the rest of your life one day at a time! I'm right beside you I never want to go back to the poison, I will post roll make my promise again tomorrow! Quit on my brother!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 10:46:00 PM »
Proud to quit with you today sir. You are stacking up wins one day at a time.

Mountains start of anthills. Keep killing it.

Offline user29029

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 04:51:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
keep digging 29029 dont just white knuckle it truly educate yourself...I would not temp her by being around the dip and smoke. Nicotine is one of the only substances that causes up regulation in your brain...which means basically that with other drugs you need more to feel it well with nicotine it actually causes growth of receptors so you need more because you have more receptors quite the opposite effect that other chemicals have.

All these saying here are not just sayings NAFAR is one that I am attached to also never again for any reason...some dont agree with that statement but its all I could see in the fog was that statement. We quit only once all the rest is just a stoppage. PM me you need anything.
Trauma
Trauma, we are on the same wave length. I try to be a student of the physiology and psychology of the addiction, habit, and process. We have to fight on several fronts to make this stick. I am also attached to NAFAR, specifically because I know that one day I will come up with a reason to go back, or I won't be able to think of a reason not to. Adopting a blanket principal against it is the way I need to go. Thanks again for weighing in, I'm honored to have you in here.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »
Quote from: user29029
Hey quitters, thanks for checking in. I'm still hanging tough, and I had a weekend surrounded by tobacco. Not only was the tobacco there, but it was in my favorite places to chew and smoke cigars. Long story, but at my favorite hotel, there is a fire where people traditionally smoke cigars. It was a nightly ritual for me in the past - even in the coldest of winter, and in the midst of snow, guests gather to smoke fireside and lakeside next to the best bar on the property. Hard to pass up, also hard was the ninja dipping I would do under the circumstances of the weekend.

But the truth is, it wasn't so hard that I had to make a real effort to avoid it - the logic and motive just don't align with my priorities any more. I am still conscious of the Traumagnet cautionary tale of the struggle to quit, the euphoria of reaching 100 days, the confidence of passing multiple years of abstinence, only to get a cancer diagnosis. We aren't in the clear just because we don't dip any more. So, yeah, tobacco didn't sound so good.
Right there with you on this User. Yesterday I played golf with some buddies that were smoking cigars the whole time we were out there. Typically I dipped while playing, but I would smoke cigars sometimes if I was playing with guys that didn't dip. Yesterday, I just watched them smoke away and I wasn't jealous or craving or anything really. I guess I was apathetic. It's just no longer part of my life. I've heard some guys on here refer to it as "slamming the door" and that's what it feels like for me. I had every opportunity in the world to kick back with a stogey yesterday, but I slammed the door on it, and I chose freedom. I'm quit with you today User, keep it up.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »
keep digging 29029 dont just white knuckle it truly educate yourself...I would not temp her by being around the dip and smoke. Nicotine is one of the only substances that causes up regulation in your brain...which means basically that with other drugs you need more to feel it well with nicotine it actually causes growth of receptors so you need more because you have more receptors quite the opposite effect that other chemicals have.

All these saying here are not just sayings NAFAR is one that I am attached to also never again for any reason...some dont agree with that statement but its all I could see in the fog was that statement. We quit only once all the rest is just a stoppage. PM me you need anything.
Trauma
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Yeah some people never dip and get cancer and some people dip there whole life and never get cancer but I'm thinking my odds of beating cancer increased tremendously but hey if you will look at some of the horrific pictures of oral cancer from nic and it don't make you thank God you haven't already gotten cancer or died from the shit then you obviously are inhuman! Quit on , not worth the chance, and if you're dreaming about it everyday you better buckle down.
Love this fucking thread. Seems like you are over a major hurdle, but keep your seatbelt on, the next few months are still filled with plenty of highs and lows. If I can add anything, and believe me with so much input so far here you won't need much. First, avoiding dip is inevitable, in the gas station, in someone's pocket, etc. when I was at your stage I was petrified to see dip. What I really came to learn is I wasn't fighting dip. I was fighting my addiction. That fight doesn't change whether you see dip in front f you or not. Second, tell your wife. I won't elaborate as it has already been spelled out for you so well above, but having my wife on my side has been a huge boost for my well being. Good luck.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 07:48:00 PM »
Yeah some people never dip and get cancer and some people dip there whole life and never get cancer but I'm thinking my odds of beating cancer increased tremendously but hey if you will look at some of the horrific pictures of oral cancer from nic and it don't make you thank God you haven't already gotten cancer or died from the shit then you obviously are inhuman! Quit on , not worth the chance, and if you're dreaming about it everyday you better buckle down.