Author Topic: kicking it  (Read 3839 times)

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: kicking it
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »
Quote from: aRifleman2
just kiddin

~aRifleman2
Hold on to this feeling of freedom, it will grow!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline aRifleman2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-31
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
just kiddin

~aRifleman2
Not my circus, not my clowns.

Offline aRifleman2

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
to all you doubting thomas's....
day 5....
suck it.... 'Finger'

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 10:07:00 AM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Thumblewort
Exercising seems to help, I have been switching back and forth from running and biking each day. The fake dip has already lost some of it's appeal. going to try the flavored seeds and mints.

~aRifleman2
Proud to be quit with you today Rifle!
Good job rifle, remember as I mentioned in chat, make sure you drink enough water, especially if you are exercising as need to replace that as well as using it to help flush out your system.

and yes try the mints, seeds and all. keep mixing it up as that in the end will help with the oral fixation part. But remember there is no turning back

You will do this and I will stand right beside you
-exercise will reduce both the frequency and intensity of cravings.
- watch your caffeine - nicotine counter acts caffeine

I wound up chewing the Oregon mint cinnamon flavor, it was kinda like a candy but had a little burn in the lip. The oral fixation will take care of itself so don't fixate on it.

Stay the course Rifle, you got this

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
Exercising seems to help, I have been switching back and forth from running and biking each day. The fake dip has already lost some of it's appeal. going to try the flavored seeds and mints.

~aRifleman2
Good job rifle, remember as I mentioned in chat, make sure you drink enough water, especially if you are exercising as need to replace that as well as using it to help flush out your system.

and yes try the mints, seeds and all. keep mixing it up as that in the end will help with the oral fixation part. But remember there is no turning back

You will do this and I will stand right beside you

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »

~aRifleman2
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline aRifleman2

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »

~aRifleman2

Online Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »
Rifleman I see you still in here posting. Way to prove me and everyone else wrong by sticking with this. I will definitely quit with you today.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
I knew I would have to quit eventually but felt cheated out of those last few days, months of chewy goodness.
This ^^^ is "Addict Speak 101".

You're still owned and heading down the road to failure. You have GOT to 180 that thought process if you want to succeed. Personally... I don't think you do. I don't feel it in you.

However...

I'd love for you to prove me wrong.
Rifle, we are on your side, but until you have your first "ah ha" moment being quit, I don't see where we can help you. I hated being quit to until day 5, where I woke up and the fog was greatly diminished. Somewhere in the first 30 days I had a situation where in the past I had to have a chew, and to was always difficult to have one...........and guess what, I was quit, and didn't have to worry about it. The freedom is there for you to take, you just have to want it.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
I knew I would have to quit eventually but felt cheated out of those last few days, months of chewy goodness.
This ^^^ is "Addict Speak 101".

You're still owned and heading down the road to failure. You have GOT to 180 that thought process if you want to succeed. Personally... I don't think you do. I don't feel it in you.

However...

I'd love for you to prove me wrong.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
I QUIT, period. Now that being said it doesn't mean I have to like it.

~aRifleman2
I'm worried about you. I want you to like being quit. Maybe I'm dumb.

Can't force someone to like being quit. Can only hope you might learn to like it.
No need for anyone to settle down. We are all just trying to make sure you see the BIG PICTURE. You continue to refer to your "habit" tobacco is an addiction not a habit. I would love to see you prove us all wrong but first you must understand we know addict babble when we see it; hell, we all used to speak it.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
I QUIT, period. Now that being said it doesn't mean I have to like it.

~aRifleman2
I'm worried about you. I want you to like being quit. Maybe I'm dumb.

Can't force someone to like being quit. Can only hope you might learn to like it.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline aRifleman2

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
All right now, settle down everyone. Let me be perfectly clear on one thing. I QUIT, period. Now that being said it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I had seen the writing on the wall for some time now. The rising price of chew, health concerns, having to hide my habit... etc.. But I wasn't ready yet. I was still perfectly happy ignoring all the reasons to quit. I knew I would have to quit eventually but felt cheated out of those last few days, months of chewy goodness.

~aRifleman2

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
No you are entirely correct, if it wasn't for my wife I would have a big ol dip in right now. Quitting is just easier than dealing with her right now.

`aRifleman2
Don't half-ass this.
There are guys seriously fighting for their lives... Don't piss on their effort by being nonchalant about this. It boils down to this... Do you wanna quit and actually taste real freedom or... Do you just wanna get your wife off your back?

Go all in bro... You will not regret it.
Wow, so when she backs off you are going back to the can? This is a site for people that believe in "Never Again for any Reason" or NAFAR, so if you are just taking a break for your wife or waiting until the next guys night out to dip, please do it elsewhere - or convince us that you are quitting for yourself as well.
Rifle,

I think you need to assess your commitment level. This requires full commitment to achieve success. Maybe you need some education. Are you willing to spend a little time reading up on nicotine addiction and the dangers of continued tobacco use? Please let us know if you would like to read some stuff. I'd be happy to share some articles with you. I feel like you need to see tobacco as the enemy that it is, and maybe you should spend some time understanding the ill effects nicotine/tobacco.

This is a fight for our lives. We want you with us. But you need to want to be with us.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »
Erik,
I can't really top the advice that you have been given by some of my quit brothers but I can tell you that there are several alternatives to chew that you can use. I used Hooch as it most closely felt and tasted like the Copenhagen that I stuffed in between my cheek and gum for 24 years. Here is a list of alternatives and the links Smokeless Alternatives. However, without another weed-like substitute cinnamon candies work great (hot tamales, red hots, atomic fireballs, etc.).

Drink lots of water, over hydrate; if you can pass a urinal without having to go you are nto taking in enough water.

Read all that this site has to offer, show you wife, include her but again make this quit all about you. You need to read your "addict babble" and learn to identify it as such, "I am quitting for my wife" means that there is an excuse or a place to put blame when it fails. Unless your wife made you dip at gunpoint then quit for you.

Meet some fellow quitters and quit being weak.

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13