Author Topic: Introducing..Nurse needs help  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introducing..Nurse needs help
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
Quote from: AmericanNurse34
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: davenc
Quote from: Clampy
Quote from: bigduke45123
Quote from: jackpotred1
Emily, i have tried the Hooch and found the texture to be very similar to Cope.  the feeling in your mouth should be very consistent with how Cope feels.  the cleanup is a bit more involved, but if you are a brusher (brush after each dip) like me then you'll be ok. 

Smokey Mountain is more like the long cut chew and seems to be ok, but it is also very hard to clean out.  stay strong and don't give in to the cravings.
This past weekend was definitely difficult because it was the first time I went out to bar, without one in my mouth! Luckily, I have a good group of friends that know that I quit and remind me of that, except for one, he let me smell the Cope, but I definitely was reminded as I watched him put one in, that I don't one, nor do I need one! It was a good weekend, but I definitely think I'm going to have to try Hooch or something of that sort. I definitely think that I was missin my ring in my pocket and something in that pocket of my lip...but I am proud of myself for NOT giving in this weekend! And thanks, everyone has been a tremendous help and encouragement and thanks to CoachDoc for kickin my ass at the same time! Ya'll been awesome!
Well he is not a very good friend if he is going to wave an open can under your nose and temp you this early in your quit Emily. Glad to hear that you didn't cave when he done that. If you need anything or a number pm me here to support ya.
Totally agree with bigduke... the a-hole who put the can near your face is NOT a good friend. Dump out that pricks can the next chance you get. See if it happens again!!! Stay strong quitter!!! Folks are lined up to support you. You need anything, all you gotta do is let us know. PM if you need a #
Shit, I would have punched that motherfucker right in the mouth after tempting me and then putting a fat one in. Fuck that limp dick son of a bitch.
I agree that you should dump his can, punch him in the face.....but I still wonder why new quitters like to play with so much fire when so much is at stake. I think we can all agree that there are things you should avoid when you are so early in your quit.
Nice job for staying strong but all others should not take this episode as something you should do. New quitters should stay away from bars, alcohol, and especially these 2 mixed with friends that dip. The success rate is extremely low for situations like this and AN was very lucky she was able to make it through.

Yes, someday we, you, will all have to face this. Just not so early in your quit.
I really didn't even think about it, to be honest. I know I need to sit down and realize what my triggers are and have a game plan. I was more worried about not seeing my friends for over a week, after surgery. It was stupid, I know...going to have to figure out a new game plan...
A solid plan should be your first step. Write it down and keep it with you at all times. Stop playing with fire so early in your quit, you will have plenty of time to drink and party when you are deeper into your quit.

Here is my plan. Write one that means something to you. I have never made it past step one. If I did I promise you I would not make it past step two...

GregÂ’s Quit Plan

1.   Text my family this message: I have decided I no longer want to continue quitting. It is just too hard and I am no longer able to fight it. All the support you have shown me was not enough. I love tobacco more than all of you, and I would rather spend time with it than with you.

2.   Call - Jstreet, Helios, Banner, Murf, Bubblehed. Get permssion to cave.

3.   Take out the contract to give up. Read it 5 times, sign it. As soon as possible scan it and post it in Feb 2010

Offline AmericanNurse34

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »
IS increased sex drive a side effect? lol 'boob'

Offline AmericanNurse34

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
Emily, i have tried the Hooch and found the texture to be very similar to Cope.  the feeling in your mouth should be very consistent with how Cope feels.  the cleanup is a bit more involved, but if you are a brusher (brush after each dip) like me then you'll be ok. 

Smokey Mountain is more like the long cut chew and seems to be ok, but it is also very hard to clean out.  stay strong and don't give in to the cravings.
This past weekend was definitely difficult because it was the first time I went out to bar, without one in my mouth! Luckily, I have a good group of friends that know that I quit and remind me of that, except for one, he let me smell the Cope, but I definitely was reminded as I watched him put one in, that I don't one, nor do I need one! It was a good weekend, but I definitely think I'm going to have to try Hooch or something of that sort. I definitely think that I was missin my ring in my pocket and something in that pocket of my lip...but I am proud of myself for NOT giving in this weekend! And thanks, everyone has been a tremendous help and encouragement and thanks to CoachDoc for kickin my ass at the same time! Ya'll been awesome!
Well he is not a very good friend if he is going to wave an open can under your nose and temp you this early in your quit Emily. Glad to hear that you didn't cave when he done that. If you need anything or a number pm me here to support ya.
Totally agree with bigduke... the a-hole who put the can near your face is NOT a good friend. Dump out that pricks can the next chance you get. See if it happens again!!! Stay strong quitter!!! Folks are lined up to support you. You need anything, all you gotta do is let us know. PM if you need a #
Shit, I would have punched that motherfucker right in the mouth after tempting me and then putting a fat one in. Fuck that limp dick son of a bitch.
I agree that you should dump his can, punch him in the face.....but I still wonder why new quitters like to play with so much fire when so much is at stake. I think we can all agree that there are things you should avoid when you are so early in your quit.
Nice job for staying strong but all others should not take this episode as something you should do. New quitters should stay away from bars, alcohol, and especially these 2 mixed with friends that dip. The success rate is extremely low for situations like this and AN was very lucky she was able to make it through.

Yes, someday we, you, will all have to face this. Just not so early in your quit.
I really didn't even think about it, to be honest. I know I need to sit down and realize what my triggers are and have a game plan. I was more worried about not seeing my friends for over a week, after surgery. It was stupid, I know...going to have to figure out a new game plan...

Offline vh5150

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »

You nailed it. You've got to grow in your quit and build up a defense. That's pretty careless to go out partying, drinking and be around your ex dipping buddies a week into a quit. Heck, I'm at day 300 and wouldn't do that. AN, you might want to go to the home page and do some reading. Keep in mind I'm not getting on to you, I'm just trying to encourage you not to repeat the mistakes of many who caved.
Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »

Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline jackpotred1

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 03:09:00 AM »
:) good job fighting the urge and temptation. try the Hooch it may help take the edge off. i am down to 2 or less dips per shift @ work. i used to dip 9 of the 12 hrs i was on shift. try the SpitFire, i like that one the best, i usually don't spit it out for about 20 min ' 'winker'

Offline Clampy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/5/10
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 12:07:00 AM »

June 2010 Honey Badgers

Offline bigduke45123

• Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoor activities, riding bikes, taking my English mastiff for a ride, and eating now that I have quit. Food has become comfort to me right now and I will probably have to ask the vets help on that to.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »

Quit day - friday the 13th of August 2010
HOF day - November 20th 2010 - KTC's 4th bday
2nd Floor - Febuary 28th 2011

Offline AmericanNurse34

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
This place and these people will save your quit and quite possibly your life if you let them.

I have found that learning about our drug of choice and the people who peddle it makes it easier for me to say NEVER AGAIN.

Learn to hate the weed and the people who produce, market, sell it.

Welcome... now lets get this done.

Offline jackpotred1

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 03:37:00 AM »
Emily, i have tried the Hooch and found the texture to be very similar to Cope. the feeling in your mouth should be very consistent with how Cope feels. the cleanup is a bit more involved, but if you are a brusher (brush after each dip) like me then you'll be ok.

Smokey Mountain is more like the long cut chew and seems to be ok, but it is also very hard to clean out. stay strong and don't give in to the cravings.

Offline AmericanNurse34

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
Thanks Everyone...and you're right, as a writer (my first degree) I know the difference between trying to quit and I quit! I do quit! I would say that it is a mental game for me! Thanks for the support guys! It definitely makes getting through today! Now, off to work...

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
My name is Emily. I grew up with seeds in my mouth...love oral fixation because I bite my nails. Tried Copenhagen at a baseball party in college...loved it! And the guys were surprised, I didn't puke! I started four years ago...I know not long, but I've been trying to quit for 3 years. I thought I quit last October 2009, after being in the hospital for 3 days, but when I went for a road trip to Cheyenne, I craved and found my favorite Copenhagen Whiskey Blend..Jack in a can, i loved it at first dip! But, here I am again, trying the road to quitting but going to be smarter about it! I know I need help. I quit September 2, 2010 at 9:34pm (I remember the time bc i was suppose to fast for 12 hours prior to surgery). It's been a week and I'm craving one bad! So does anyone know about Hooch or other nicotine free snuff?
HELP 'bang head'
Emily...this is it. This is where you put up or shut up. As a fellow nurse, you know...I mean KNOW...what this quit means to you. We're not talking about the health issues...or the CA scare....or the social implications of being a dipper. You know as well as I do how it feels to have to give medical advice to someone whne you yourself don't follow suit. Sucks beinga a hypocrit, doesn't it? If you want to quit...TRULY quit...you will. But, like I said in the begining, this is it...either put up or shut up...which is it going to be?

I promise you this...you commit to doing this and you are going to have some of the best bunch of big brothers and friends kicking you in the butt on a regular basis to help you through this. But, be warned...take it lightly, and you are no different or better than the old girzzled ex marine...you'll get roasted alive for taking a big ol' BM all over everyone. If you are up for it, sign roll...if you need support numbers (EVERYONE NEEDS THESE), all you have to do is ask and mine is yours.

So, what's it gonna be?
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Skoal
But, here I am again, trying the road to quitting
There is no try Emily, do it or don't do it.
That statement irks me.
We Quit here. If we Tried in here, there would be no reason to be here.

So make up your mind.