Author Topic: Introducing..Nurse needs help  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introducing..Nurse needs help
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
But, here I am again, trying the road to quitting
There is no try Emily, do it or don't do it.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Lost

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
Welcome,

Like others have said... JUST QUIT, do not try! Trying just sets you up to fail.

And as for me, I have used most of the fakes but found that Smokey Mountian Chew is the best and I still chew it a couple times a day.

Anyways, we are all here to help, make sure you use it!
RIP
JNH 08.07.2011
CAW 10.28.2010
TWB 06.26.2003

Fortes Fortuna adiuvat

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
Quote from: davenc
Quote from: AmericanNurse34
My name is Emily. I grew up with seeds in my mouth...love oral fixation because I bite my nails. Tried Copenhagen at a baseball party in college...loved it! And the guys were surprised, I didn't puke! I started four years ago...I  know not long, but I've been trying to quit for 3 years. I thought I quit last October 2009, after being in the hospital for 3 days, but when I went for a road trip to Cheyenne, I craved and found my favorite Copenhagen Whiskey Blend..Jack in a can, i loved it at first dip! But, here I am again, trying the road to quitting but going to be smarter about it! I know I need help. I quit September 2, 2010 at 9:34pm (I remember the time bc i was suppose to fast for 12 hours prior to surgery). It's been a week and I'm craving one bad! So does anyone know about Hooch or other nicotine free snuff?
HELP  'bang head'
Welcome to the quit Emily! To me there was just something fascinating about a woman that dips lol. Like you, I loved my Copenhagen Whiskey blend until they discontinued it or something and I moved to Cope long cut. But now you're over a week quit and thats great. Like MOA said its all mental from here on out. I didn't really care for the herbal snuff like Hooch. I used the Mint snuff because to me it had more of that burn that I associated with dip. But I only used it when I needed it real bad. The rest of the time I chewed gum and drinked plenty of water. But its all up to you what you do as long as it doesn't have nic in it.

You can do this Emily, just don't give up! If you need a number or anything just shoot me a pm.

Dave
We are all here to help when you need.

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »
Quote from: AmericanNurse34
My name is Emily. I grew up with seeds in my mouth...love oral fixation because I bite my nails. Tried Copenhagen at a baseball party in college...loved it! And the guys were surprised, I didn't puke! I started four years ago...I know not long, but I've been trying to quit for 3 years. I thought I quit last October 2009, after being in the hospital for 3 days, but when I went for a road trip to Cheyenne, I craved and found my favorite Copenhagen Whiskey Blend..Jack in a can, i loved it at first dip! But, here I am again, trying the road to quitting but going to be smarter about it! I know I need help. I quit September 2, 2010 at 9:34pm (I remember the time bc i was suppose to fast for 12 hours prior to surgery). It's been a week and I'm craving one bad! So does anyone know about Hooch or other nicotine free snuff?
HELP 'bang head'
Welcome to the quit Emily! To me there was just something fascinating about a woman that dips lol. Like you, I loved my Copenhagen Whiskey blend until they discontinued it or something and I moved to Cope long cut. But now you're over a week quit and thats great. Like MOA said its all mental from here on out. I didn't really care for the herbal snuff like Hooch. I used the Mint snuff because to me it had more of that burn that I associated with dip. But I only used it when I needed it real bad. The rest of the time I chewed gum and drinked plenty of water. But its all up to you what you do as long as it doesn't have nic in it.

You can do this Emily, just don't give up! If you need a number or anything just shoot me a pm.

Dave
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 04:44:00 AM »
Welcome AN....This place is becoming a regular girls night out. We currently have 3 other females here that are quitting. Only 1 other that dips (the other 2 smoke). You have been through the worst of it physically. What you are suffering now is the mental part of the quit. The physical part was not difficult for me it was the mental that I had a hard time with. The fake snuff you ask about will easily kick off a debate but I think it is good advice to say that if fake keeps you from the real stuff by all means do it. I quit 102 days ago and I am dipping fake as we speak. I encourage you to read everything you can find here about our addiction. Educate yourself. Get real fuckin mad at US tobacco. Make a Quit Plan. Make sure you are ready to quit. Not try to quit, or even try hard to quit, but are committted to actually quitting for YOU. Then find your group (DEC 10) and make your first promise to that group and their supporters that you will not use nicotene of any kind for that day. Repeat the next day. Nicotene in any form is not accepted here (Gum, cigars, cigarettes, chew, etc.). Again congratulations and welcome. I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

MOA

Offline AmericanNurse34

• BANNED
  • Quitter
Introducing..Nurse needs help
« on: September 10, 2010, 04:13:00 AM »
My name is Emily. I grew up with seeds in my mouth...love oral fixation because I bite my nails. Tried Copenhagen at a baseball party in college...loved it! And the guys were surprised, I didn't puke! I started four years ago...I know not long, but I've been trying to quit for 3 years. I thought I quit last October 2009, after being in the hospital for 3 days, but when I went for a road trip to Cheyenne, I craved and found my favorite Copenhagen Whiskey Blend..Jack in a can, i loved it at first dip! But, here I am again, trying the road to quitting but going to be smarter about it! I know I need help. I quit September 2, 2010 at 9:34pm (I remember the time bc i was suppose to fast for 12 hours prior to surgery). It's been a week and I'm craving one bad! So does anyone know about Hooch or other nicotine free snuff?
HELP 'bang head'