Author Topic: Introducing..Nurse needs help  (Read 2832 times)

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
Re: Introducing..Nurse needs help
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
There is no written policy. We have had 4 official "rules" since we started. They have not changed. They are here if you'd like to see them: index.php?act=boardrules

That said...

When a Hall of Famer caves (which let's face it... it happens) the speech is removed from public visibility. If/when said caver returns to the HOF, it can be restored, or they can write a new speech. Personally I'd prefer they write a new one to talk about their journey back, but that's just my two cents.

As such, cavers who were on Names  Faces are removed until re-entry into the Hall as well.

If there are Names  Faces or HOF Speeches of cavers that we've missed, please point them out and we'll take them out.

Emily - I apologize that this discussion has taken over your Introduction thread. This isn't anything specific to you.

That said, get your fucking head out of your ass and get back to the hall. You fucking know better than to think that dip is the answer to any question.

Love,
chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24 / 65th - 5.9.24 / 66th - 8.17.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Quote from: theo3wood
Quote from: Keddy
Quote from: Syndrome
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: JohnK
Quote from: Seth
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: wastepanel
I suggest you reread your introduction and hall of fame speech many times over.

Fucking bullshit.
I suggest the HOH speech come down.
Indeed.
I just took the speech down.

I always wonder when somebody drifts.... did they cave because they drifted? Or did they drift because they were planning a cave....

I suspect that the answer is "yes"
reely? you took down a hof speech of some buddy what caved? well eether you think it had no value or you best get bizzy takin down hof speeches. i think that there sets bad pressidince. man theres fuckin hof speeches of guys what posted roll with fattys in still hangin there. that kind a shit makes me pisst.

she caved. yes. but she dint shit all over roll call. she thot she cood do it on her own and coodnt. theres a shit ton a that. most dont got the balls to come back and fess up.

you no what? i aint pisst at emily. im dissapointed. dissapointed cuz she had the tools and dint use them to there fullest. i save pisst for fuckers what come on this site day in and day out and shit on roll. or go out partyin and disside haff a pack a smokes is just fine and dandy.

but inless your gonna scrub thru all the hof speeches for cavers i wnat you to tell me why you yanked hers.
I gotta agree with Syndrome. I'm no vet by any means and dont really feel like I have a whole lotta say in this shit, but she wrote that speech after reaching the HOF. She may have caved but she made her bones and wrote her speech and it should have been left alone.
Cavers HOF speeches are ALWAYS taken down. If you know of any that are still up, let us know and we will take them down as well.

A cavers HOF speech does not belong with the folks who stuck it out. It is a matter of respect. And INTEGRITY.

Think about it from the perspective of a new quitter. They're reading this awesome HOF speech, it really strikes a chord....only to find out later that the person who wrote it CAVED. Kinda like reading Bill Clinton's book on fidelity....or bernie madoff's book on integrity.

Leaving the HOF speech of a caver is creates a bad precedent - no matter what.
well if there all takin down and it aint just singelin out emily then i got no beef. but man its the first i herd a this pallacy.
Those are my thoughts exactly. If you're removing her speech you need to be consistent. Sounds like a FUBAR waiting to happen . . . .
I've been around here for about four years, and I've talked with multiple admins and mods about what to do with HOF speeches after a cave. A couple years back, we even kicked around the idea for a "hall of shame". To the best of my knowledge, THERE IS NO POLICY REGARDING DELETING HOF SPEECHES OF THOSE WHO'VE CAVED. Why? For one reason, it would be totally impossible to uniformally enforce. I call...
'B.S.'
I'll defer to folks who have been here longer on what has happened in the past, but since I've been around speeches are taken down if a cave is confirmed. I can name off the top of my head the following speeches taken down:

Gelas, weatherman, royjester, several of Ed Romero's speeches, lochi, cdforecheck, CNC, SWJ, crazy aces, packer fan, diposbullshit.

Some of these folks are back and QUIT and their speech can go back up once they reach the HOF. Again, all of you above me have been here longer, so I'm not disputing what you're saying. If there are other speeches up of confirmed cavers, I would like to know so I can take them down as I am 100% in favor of it.

Offline theo3wood

• Quitter
  • Interests: Growing delicious food and pretty flowers, and sharing them with people I love.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Keddy

Fucking bullshit.
Indeed.

I always wonder when somebody drifts.... did they cave because they drifted? Or did they drift because they were planning a cave....

reely? you took down a hof speech of some buddy what caved? well eether you think it had no value or you best get bizzy takin down hof speeches. i think that there sets bad pressidince. man theres fuckin hof speeches of guys what posted roll with fattys in still hangin there. that kind a shit makes me pisst.

she caved. yes. but she dint shit all over roll call. she thot she cood do it on her own and coodnt. theres a shit ton a that. most dont got the balls to come back and fess up.

you no what? i aint pisst at emily. im dissapointed. dissapointed cuz she had the tools and dint use them to there fullest. i save pisst for fuckers what come on this site day in and day out and shit on roll. or go out partyin and disside haff a pack a smokes is just fine and dandy.

but inless your gonna scrub thru all the hof speeches for cavers i wnat you to tell me why you yanked hers.
I gotta agree with Syndrome. I'm no vet by any means and dont really feel like I have a whole lotta say in this shit, but she wrote that speech after reaching the HOF. She may have caved but she made her bones and wrote her speech and it should have been left alone.
Cavers HOF speeches are ALWAYS taken down. If you know of any that are still up, let us know and we will take them down as well.

A cavers HOF speech does not belong with the folks who stuck it out. It is a matter of respect. And INTEGRITY.

Think about it from the perspective of a new quitter. They're reading this awesome HOF speech, it really strikes a chord....only to find out later that the person who wrote it CAVED. Kinda like reading Bill Clinton's book on fidelity....or bernie madoff's book on integrity.

well if there all takin down and it aint just singelin out emily then i got no beef. but man its the first i herd a this pallacy.
Those are my thoughts exactly. If you're removing her speech you need to be consistent. Sounds like a FUBAR waiting to happen . . . .
I've been around here for about four years, and I've talked with multiple admins and mods about what to do with HOF speeches after a cave. A couple years back, we even kicked around the idea for a "hall of shame". To the best of my knowledge, THERE IS NO POLICY REGARDING DELETING HOF SPEECHES OF THOSE WHO'VE CAVED. Why? For one reason, it would be totally impossible to uniformally enforce. I call...
'B.S.'
"the cycle is over. we are clean. we are shining beacons to the masses that think it can't be done." ...LooT

"We have the right to watch our children grow and have earned the right to participate in their lives. We will not be denied. Success can be our only option now. We can never tire, give up, fail, or falter. We are worth more than this addiction and will stop at nothing to beat it." ...Sweenz

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »

Fucking bullshit.
Indeed.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »

Fucking bullshit.
Indeed.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »

Fucking bullshit.
Indeed.

Offline JohnK

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »

Fucking bullshit.
Indeed.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »

Fucking bullshit.
Indeed.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »

Fucking bullshit.
Indeed.

Nurse Betty, welcome to round number two. Good on you for getting back on the wagon. Will you sing along with me? Ready....1,2,3

Chorus:
Win big--Mama's fallen angel
Lose big--livin' out her lies
Wants it all--Mama's fallen angel
Lose it all, rollin' the dice of her life

Now she found herself in the fast lane livin' day to day
Turned her back on her best friends, yeah
And let her family slip away

Just like a lost soul
Caught up in the Hollywood scene
All the parties and the limousines

Such a good actress hiding all her pain
Trading her memories for fortune and fame

Just a step away from the edge of a fall
Caught between heaven and hell
Where's the girl I knew a year ago

Chorus

Too much too soon
Or just a little too late
Cause when her ship came in
She wasn't there and it just wouldn't wait

Solo, chorus out
'band' 'FU'

PS I am not in September but they don't deserve fluff or insincere quitters. Know your place, you are obviously a fallen angel. You suck today. Go to work, take back your freedom and earn new wings with September. If you aren't all in, please go away. It is better for you to perish off this site than have a whole group dwindle in unbelief.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »

Fucking bullshit.
Indeed.

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »

Fucking bullshit.
Indeed.
The product is worth the process.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »

Fucking bullshit.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
You gotta be shittin me! It sounds as though Emily caved! Say it aint so Joe!
MOA

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »
OWN IT.
I quit with with you all!

Offline Mike B

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
Its an oral fixation, does that explain the sex drive thing