Author Topic: Ron Cross Intro  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Ron Cross Intro
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
Five days in after quitting smokey mountain fake chew and I found out I wasted a bunch of money on atomic fireballs and seeds. Fact is I don't "need" nicotine and I don't "need" smokey mountain fake chew. I now understand I am 100% free and dependent on nothing other than myself. 3 days after quitting nicotine I was 100% free but I didn't believe it then. It's been one year and I don't need the real thing or the fake chew. Message to each of you still thinking you "need" the fake stuff. You don't. You just need to find out for yourself. It was all in my head. I just needed to get past the five days.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Ron_Cross
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
I have been using fake chew since day 1. It is expensive and doesn't make sense that I should be spending all that cash on it each month if I am not nicotine dependent. I have stocked up on atomic fireballs and cracked pepper sun flower seeds. I want to cut the cord for good. Might need some support over the next week.
I just read your whole thread Ron. I don't think you'll have a problem dropping the fake dip.
Your right. I just need to have the mindset that failure is not an option. It certainly works for me everyday in my life and with my quit. I'm done with it!
Switch to seeds and gum if you have to!!! Gum still helps me at work!
Sounds like you have done a great job in your quit to this point. You have gained control on the addiction that held you as a slave.

Now take the second step, the oral fixation. This is definitely all mental as there is no chemical anymore holding you to the nicotine. So as Doc says, use seeds and trident (or fav) gum from time to time. I found out I love those more anyway. Grab some mint or cinnamon toothpicks. Love them too but damn I got to watch for splinters.

Just remember don't be too hard on yourself as you got this, and even the fake is not killing you anymore.

right with you my friend.

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »
I have been using fake chew since day 1. It is expensive and doesn't make sense that I should be spending all that cash on it each month if I am not nicotine dependent. I have stocked up on atomic fireballs and cracked pepper sun flower seeds. I want to cut the cord for good. Might need some support over the next week.
I just read your whole thread Ron. I don't think you'll have a problem dropping the fake dip.
Your right. I just need to have the mindset that failure is not an option. It certainly works for me everyday in my life and with my quit. I'm done with it!
Switch to seeds and gum if you have to!!! Gum still helps me at work!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Quitting the fake is a breeze. Need any help, we are here.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »
I choose to post roll every day. It's as normal as taking a dump or having a cup of coffee. Why do I continue to do this well into my 4th year of freedom from this addiction? For you newbies out there, I'll tell you.

1. I do it for myself. I know from being around this site for so long that posting roll is the cornerstone of a person's quit. It is EVERYTHING in the beginning and is a sense of comfort as you progress years into your quit. I'm 99.99% sure that I will NEVER, EVER use tobacco again. I keep coming back for that 0.01% because I know if I make that simple promise each day then I can and will remain free. I know you guys will hold me accountable. The only people that I know that cave are people that quit posting roll. It is that simple. I won't be one of those people.

2. Pay it back... you've heard the story a hundred times but i REALLY suffered in trying to quit this shit. I sincerely want to help someone else. I remember those days and how horrible they were. This site is the ONLY thing that made me successful in my quit. I OWE it something and that something is trying to be a very, very small piece of that amazing web of support and help.

3. Many of the closest friends that I have made in my life are in here.
Some of them I haven't even met in person. That sense of brotherhood is a big reason that I remain....

Whatever YOUR reasons for posting roll are I hope you continue to do it. In the early weeks/months of your quit it will be the MOST important thing you do each day. As you progress, I hope you see the value of continuing on. If not I'm sure I'll see you back in here with your tail between your legs as a caver and pure example of what happens when you quit posting roll.  That one small gest of posting roll that takes less than a minute a day can and will be the breaking line of if some of you make it or not.
Don't take the chance. Post up....

My promise is here today in the form of a simple phrase:
TCOPE = 1757... today I promise not to use tobacco. One day at a time....
Some wise words from TCOPE to one of the new pre-HOF classes.

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
Repeat after me:

I will not make excuses anymore. I am an addict and I have used excuses to do or not do many things in my life. I am here to change my life.

Roll is my new job.

Roll is my new best friend.

Roll is my new lifeline.

Roll will help me in times of Despair.

Roll will keep me from repeating my past destruction.

Roll will teach me character and integrity I didn't know I had.

Roll is my ticket to Freedom.

Roll will save my life.

Roll is my key to quit.

Razd - Daily roll post #1504!

Just a bump for some more good stuff.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Evil_Won
Typical day in the life (specifically today) of a Jackwagin (me):

1. Wake up and Post Roll - non debatable
2. Scan the Roll to see who is quit so far today.
3. Pretend to do work at work but really just read stuff on KTC, call out Dbags where needed,  help others where i can, spread my name across KTC like a social disease at the truck stop,  and laugh at the banter in various posts in our thread that have nothing to do with Quit.
4. Revisit Roll and compare it to the spreadsheet. If someone is missing shoot them a text asking why they are not on roll if they are indeed quit.
5. When text is received stating said Jackwagin is indeed quit today,  post roll for brother-in-quit.
6. Bask in Jackwagin awesomeness.
7. Repeat tomorrow.

Brotherhood
Accountability
Success

That's the way we roll in Jan. 13'.
I like to save some posts in my intro as an example to refer too. I'm just weird like that.
I like weird.

It's far more Interesting.
Applejack isn't weird. What is weird about a cereal? Well I guess if you where a cereal killer it would be weird. Or if your a grown man trying to be cereal........ oh.....uh... Maybe he is a little weird..... Well I still love that bad ass quitter just the same lmao.

Man I think it is awesome for you update your intro and bump stuff up. Especially something as bad ass as Evil's words above, he is so inspiring. It is very important to remember the triumphs and the pains of your quit. You my friend are building an awesome foundation for your quit. I enjoy quitting with you! Erussell day 180
Unless weird is like hanging around KTC and posting something other than roll once in a while. Maybe even help out another quitter or two.....then all you fockers are bonkers.... Eddie, Applejack and RC is showing himself to be a fine quitter as well!!

Buncha freaks 'na na'

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack

3. Pretend to do work at work but really just read stuff on KTC, call out Dbags where needed,  help others where i can, spread my name across KTC like a social disease at the truck stop,  and laugh at the banter in various posts in our thread that have nothing to do with Quit.
4. Revisit Roll and compare it to the spreadsheet. If someone is missing shoot them a text asking why they are not on roll if they are indeed quit.
5. When text is received stating said Jackwagin is indeed quit today,  post roll for brother-in-quit.
7. Repeat tomorrow.

Brotherhood
Accountability
Success

I like to save some posts in my intro as an example to refer too. I'm just weird like that.
I like weird.

Applejack isn't weird. What is weird about a cereal? Well I guess if you where a cereal killer it would be weird. Or if your a grown man trying to be cereal........ oh.....uh... Maybe he is a little weird..... Well I still love that bad ass quitter just the same lmao.

Man I think it is awesome for you update your intro and bump stuff up. Especially something as bad ass as Evil's words above, he is so inspiring. It is very important to remember the triumphs and the pains of your quit. You my friend are building an awesome foundation for your quit. I enjoy quitting with you! Erussell day 180
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »

7. Repeat tomorrow.

Brotherhood
Accountability
Success

I like weird.

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »

7. Repeat tomorrow.

Brotherhood
Accountability
Success

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 12:15:00 AM »
Nice half a hall today. Its ODAAT still, but well done. Quit with you.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 09:39:00 PM »
Good summary of what this site is all about  what makes it a success for the guys who are willing to put into it for sure!