Author Topic: Ron Cross Intro  (Read 3980 times)

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Ron Cross Intro
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Evilology

Dear Pre HOF-December 2013,

[color=339999]Accountability[/color]
Get a spreadsheet going (hint: vets are already starting one for your group. Find it.). Take a leading role in this group. Maintain the spreadsheet for the group. Why? You will see who is posting roll and your name best be on it. You will see who is missing from Roll and can drag them back. Not posting roll once leads to not posting roll again, then a few days in a string, then you forget why you were here reading this today. Make your presence known in this group and in others. The more people you know, the better chance that someone comes looking for you if your name isnÂ’t on Roll. Send a PM to those that post as supporters in your group. Offer your number and I bet you get one in return. Make sure that you know everybodyÂ’s real name and phone number in your group; this is your immediate family. Lean on each other. Be accountable to each other.

[color=339999]Brotherhood[/color]
There are quitters here from every walk of life. Different races, religions, professions, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. But we are all here to quit and to remain quit. We are a dysfunctional family at times. You will see kindness, concern, sorrow, hate, fear, jealousy, rage, and dozens of other emotions spewed out among these boards. The one constant is continuing the quit. No matter what is said and or done, it is always about the quit.  I may not like something that you say. I will likely offend you at some point and maybe even hurt your feelings and make you cry. But in the end if your name is on Roll, I will do whatever I can to assist you and make sure that you keep your word to remain quit today, even when you don’t want to. If your name is on Roll you have 16,000+ brothers and sisters at your side.  You are not alone.

[color=339999]Success[/color]
Post Roll early. If you canÂ’t get onto KTC to do it yourself then call or text it in to somebody. There is no valid reason to not post Roll every day. Once your name is on Roll you need to honor your word for the rest of the day. That wonÂ’t be easy at times but there are many, many tools here for you to use to kill every single crave as they appear. When you kill one crave use that victory as fuel to slay the next one. If killing craves becomes difficult on your own, get on KTC and read [color=FF0066]Introductions[/color], or [color=FF0066]HOF Speeches[/color] . Post in the [color=FF0066]URGENT: NEED HELP NOW[/color] thread. Get into [color=FF0066]Live Chat[/color] . Call or text a brother from your group or a vet and explain why you need help. There is never a reason to justify ever using again. We are quit.

Post Roll. Honor your word. Use the tools. Success today. Repeat tomorrow.

And....[color=009900]Discuss![/color][/i]
BUMP

Just wanted to save these couple of paragraphs of wisdom that define what this site is really all about.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: Ron_Cross
Are there harmful chemicals in smokeless tobacco?

Yes. There is no safe form of tobacco. At least 28 chemicals in smokeless tobacco have been found to cause cancer (1). The most harmful chemicals in smokeless tobacco are tobacco-specific nitrosamines, which are formed during the growing, curing, fermenting, and aging of tobacco. The level of tobacco-specific nitrosamines varies by product. Scientists have found that the nitrosamine level is directly related to the risk of cancer.

In addition to a variety of nitrosamines, other cancer-causing substances in smokeless tobacco include polonium–210 (a radioactive element found in tobacco fertilizer) and polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (also known as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) (1).
There are reasons chew is particularly addicting as well as toxic, its not an accident. Yet another reason to dislike UST and all big tobacco industry. And another reason to make sure that is a thing of your past only.
Keep the quit coming Ron.
Thanks for the reminder Ron! You are doing some good things in your quit... one of which is to get to know your enemy. That enemy is evil and we don't need it in our life today. Quit on my friend!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »

Yes. There is no safe form of tobacco. At least 28 chemicals in smokeless tobacco have been found to cause cancer (1). The most harmful chemicals in smokeless tobacco are tobacco-specific nitrosamines, which are formed during the growing, curing, fermenting, and aging of tobacco. The level of tobacco-specific nitrosamines varies by product. Scientists have found that the nitrosamine level is directly related to the risk of cancer.

In addition to a variety of nitrosamines, other cancer-causing substances in smokeless tobacco include polonium–210 (a radioactive element found in tobacco fertilizer) and polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (also known as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) (1).
There are reasons chew is particularly addicting as well as toxic, its not an accident. Yet another reason to dislike UST and all big tobacco industry. And another reason to make sure that is a thing of your past only.
Keep the quit coming Ron.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 12:22:00 AM »

Thanks for posting, Ron!

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
You guys say it gets better the longer you stay quit. I keep telling myself that each day!

Keep concentrating on today and soon the days will have added up and you'll be amazed at how you accomplished such a kick ass quit. Like others have said the group accountability is important, but the personal commitment is what will lead to your freedom. Believe me that freedom
Is something you will cherish. Keep kicking ass!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike
There will be other jobs.  I'm not worried.  Things happen for a reason.  I believe that I need this time to focus on myself and put more distance between now and day 1.  You guys say it gets better the longer you stay quit.  I keep telling myself that each day!

When it comes time to start a new job I'm not going be sneaking around the office with a chew in my lip.
Congrats for all your hard work in staying quit through adversity of losing a job! 2 quitter intros were recommended to me, KC_Guy who lost his job during his first 100  Erussell who had his wife take off with his daughter. Just as you're not alone in your quit here, you're also not alone in facing adversity. Be proud of how far you've come inspite of difficulty.
I will have to check out those threads. It helps me to know that no matter what I am feeling at the moment someone somewhere is fighting a crave 100x more potent than what I am feeling.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
There will be other jobs. I'm not worried. Things happen for a reason. I believe that I need this time to focus on myself and put more distance between now and day 1. You guys say it gets better the longer you stay quit. I keep telling myself that each day!

When it comes time to start a new job I'm not going be sneaking around the office with a chew in my lip.
Congrats for all your hard work in staying quit through adversity of losing a job! 2 quitter intros were recommended to me, KC_Guy who lost his job during his first 100  Erussell who had his wife take off with his daughter. Just as you're not alone in your quit here, you're also not alone in facing adversity. Be proud of how far you've come inspite of difficulty.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
There will be other jobs. I'm not worried. Things happen for a reason. I believe that I need this time to focus on myself and put more distance between now and day 1. You guys say it gets better the longer you stay quit. I keep telling myself that each day!

oh it will get better, just keep doing what you are.

and besides, it is much better now that you are quit as instead of hiding at the office you can walk tall knowing you got a great big pair down below....

keep up the great work....Be Strong...Be Quit

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: srans
Quote from: derk40
Thanks Guys.  Some days are great.  Some days are so so.  I'm on day 26.  I lost my job on day 10 at a fortune 500 company.  Normally I would stick about 5 cans of chew in my mouth when something like that happens.  I didn't this time.  I don't why I have the strength now, when for so long I thought I was the weakest person on the planet.  The only thing different from the 1000 times I tried on my own was a group of guys giving their promise every am.  For that I give KTC all the credit.
Sorry about losing your gig Ron! That stinks. Way to hold ur quit. Remember that 1 problem + nic = 2 problems. Don't need that second one problem. Keep fighting brother! I am quit with u today!
Way to stay quit in adversity. Ktc,, does make a big difference,, but it is you that stays quit. It is you that gave in to pride, posted roll and took your life back. It is you that no matter what happens in life,,,, you stick to your WORD and STAY QUIT!
Give yourself a pat on the back. Your the reason!!!!!
Sorry to hear about your job, that blows balls.

But remember, all things happen for a reason and that 5 cans of death in your cake hole will not get your job back.

Way to be strong!!!

KTC is great no doubt, but you deserve the credit. You're the one beating addiction in the face of adversity.

That's some lead pipe type shit right there. Keep it up!!!
You're doing it Ron!!!
Keep doing it ODAAT...When You're quit, better days and things are coming! I promise!
Keep posting roll and keep your word quit brother and you'll see your life change for the better.
Like my brother Diesel says, "it happens for a reason".
Stay in perspective and you'll see the reason and the rewards.
Cheers!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Thanks Guys.  Some days are great.  Some days are so so.  I'm on day 26.  I lost my job on day 10 at a fortune 500 company.  Normally I would stick about 5 cans of chew in my mouth when something like that happens.  I didn't this time.  I don't why I have the strength now, when for so long I thought I was the weakest person on the planet.  The only thing different from the 1000 times I tried on my own was a group of guys giving their promise every am.  For that I give KTC all the credit.
Sorry about losing your gig Ron! That stinks. Way to hold ur quit. Remember that 1 problem + nic = 2 problems. Don't need that second one problem. Keep fighting brother! I am quit with u today!
Way to stay quit in adversity. Ktc,, does make a big difference,, but it is you that stays quit. It is you that gave in to pride, posted roll and took your life back. It is you that no matter what happens in life,,,, you stick to your WORD and STAY QUIT!
Sorry to hear about your job, that blows balls.

But remember, all things happen for a reason and that 5 cans of death in your cake hole will not get your job back.

Way to be strong!!!

KTC is great no doubt, but you deserve the credit. You're the one beating addiction in the face of adversity.

That's some lead pipe type shit right there. Keep it up!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
Thanks Guys. Some days are great. Some days are so so. I'm on day 26. I lost my job on day 10 at a fortune 500 company. Normally I would stick about 5 cans of chew in my mouth when something like that happens. I didn't this time. I don't why I have the strength now, when for so long I thought I was the weakest person on the planet. The only thing different from the 1000 times I tried on my own was a group of guys giving their promise every am. For that I give KTC all the credit.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:00 PM »
Thanks Guys. Some days are great. Some days are so so. I'm on day 26. I lost my job on day 10 at a fortune 500 company. Normally I would stick about 5 cans of chew in my mouth when something like that happens. I didn't this time. I don't why I have the strength now, when for so long I thought I was the weakest person on the planet. The only thing different from the 1000 times I tried on my own was a group of guys giving their promise every am. For that I give KTC all the credit.