Author Topic: Ron Cross Intro  (Read 3979 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ron Cross Intro
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
Ron I just wanted to say well done so far! I love seeing people who come here to quit! Way to drink the kool-aide and kick nics ass!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
Glad to see it's working for you Ron, it's sure working for me! Nothing like the camaraderie, brotherhood,  fellowship to pull a guy through.

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 04:49:00 AM »
A little over 3 weeks down and the time sure has gone by fast. The DEC 13 group is really coming together. I have been able to exchange contacts numbers with my brothers. It feels so awesome to be free of nicotine and all of the other cancer poisons inside smokeless tobacco. I look at our quit groups spreadsheet and all I see is WIN. People are taking back control over their lives. They are no longer a servant to a master. They are in control of their own destiny. Before I came to KTC, I would be lucky if I could go 20 minutes without freaking out without nicotine. KTC has changed all of that. The method works.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 06:40:00 PM »
Good stuff.

I'm glad you're here brother. Spread your network of accountability WIDE!! Be a part of this effort to free people from this awful drug. You need another number... PM me bro. I'll help any way I can.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 04:12:00 AM »
This threads smells like quit everywhere. Keep us up to date, and continue to be a part of this amazing site, I enjoy watching folks like you quit! I quit with you all damn day, Erussell -137-
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Ron_Cross
My name is Ron and I have been a nicotine addict since 1993. I am 46 years old, married and have a 12 year old son. I am a Accounting Professional. I grew up in a rural area in Arizona where I tried dip for the first time in High School. I only did it once and moved on. Fast forward a few years to college Army ROTC. A couple of guys were using and we were out on a field training exercise and the guys told me that it helped them stay awake which sounded good to me since we were only getting a few hours of sleep a night. Big mistake. That is when I started having a dip in every waking moment. I graduated college and starting my accounting career as a young CPA. Did my best to hide it from co-workers, bosses,, ect. Having a fat dip in your mouth doesn't help you gain respect in the business world.

I thought I would quit then, a few years later I got married, I thought I would quit then, I had a son, I thought I would quit then, I would stop a few hours, cave, lie, sneak around, chew at work, sneak around some more.

It is a nasty disgusting habit that kills people. I don't want to lose half of my face and look like a God Damn FREAK. I don't want to be responsible for setting the wrong example for my son. I am ready to quit. I have been quit for 2 weeks. I guit with each and everyone of you. I am here for you and you are here for me. Together we can do this.
Welcome Ron  congrats on 2 weeks so far!!

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »
Thanks you brothers for supporting me. I appreciate everything that you said. Let's get back to our quit! :-)

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
Ron, you tha man Ron. Privilege to be quitting with you bro. And thank you for all your hard work serving the December HOF.

Gdubya

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Good_ol_boy
Quote from: traumagnet
Well Ron welcome aboard you my friend have come to the right place if you want to keep quit.  It seems that you should be in the DEC group.  You will have to check the group dates and see which ones match up to your quit date.  We post roll here everyday it is the single most important thing we do here.  When you post roll you make a promise to yourself and to us that you will not use nicotine for today only.  we wake tomorrow good lord willing and repeat. 

You should check into the welcome center and read read read do the ground work to keep your quit a priority. 

PM me if you need anything.
T
Ron has been posting roll, he actually made up our spreadsheet for the Dec group. Haha

Thanks for the intro Ron, good to see where other people come from and what they're like.
Great choice. And holy crap, that is a great intro!!! No hoping or trying with this guy. Succinct, to the point, right motivation...A+ in my book.

You've gotten great advice so far. Just read all you can. Two weeks is a great start, too. But it is just the begging of your new nic-free life!!!

Stay strong and stay quit, brother.

PS - love the "spread sheet" comment!!!

Offline Good_ol_boy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-08-27
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Well Ron welcome aboard you my friend have come to the right place if you want to keep quit. It seems that you should be in the DEC group. You will have to check the group dates and see which ones match up to your quit date. We post roll here everyday it is the single most important thing we do here. When you post roll you make a promise to yourself and to us that you will not use nicotine for today only. we wake tomorrow good lord willing and repeat.

You should check into the welcome center and read read read do the ground work to keep your quit a priority.

T
Ron has been posting roll, he actually made up our spreadsheet for the Dec group. Haha

Thanks for the intro Ron, good to see where other people come from and what they're like.
?Sit tall in the saddle; hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, and live like you ain't afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride.?

~ Chris LeDoux

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
My name is Ron and I have been a nicotine addict since 1993.  I am 46 years old, married and have a 12 year old son.  I am a Accounting Professional.  I grew up in a rural area in Arizona where I tried dip for the first time in High School.  I only did it once and moved on.  Fast forward a few years to college Army ROTC.  A couple of guys were using and we were out on a field training exercise and the guys told me that it helped them stay awake which sounded good to me since we were only getting a few hours of sleep a night.  Big mistake.  That is when I started having a dip in every waking moment.  I graduated college and starting my accounting career as a young CPA.  Did my best to hide it from co-workers, bosses,, ect.  Having a fat dip in your mouth doesn't help you gain respect in the business world. 

I thought I would quit then, a few years later I got married,  I thought I would quit then, I had a son, I thought I would quit then, I would stop a few hours, cave, lie, sneak around, chew at work, sneak around some more. 

It is a nasty disgusting habit that kills people.  I don't want to lose half of my face and look like a God Damn FREAK.  I don't want to be responsible for setting the wrong example for my son.  I am ready to quit.  I have been quit for 2 weeks.  I guit with each and everyone of you.  I am here for you and you are here for me.  Together we can do this.
Glad to have you on board Ron. Fuck nicotine. Fuck cancer.
Welcome Ron to the "Best of Your life!"
Good to see another addict taking his life back.
ODAAT and NAFAR
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »
Well Ron welcome aboard you my friend have come to the right place if you want to keep quit. It seems that you should be in the DEC group. You will have to check the group dates and see which ones match up to your quit date. We post roll here everyday it is the single most important thing we do here. When you post roll you make a promise to yourself and to us that you will not use nicotine for today only. we wake tomorrow good lord willing and repeat.

T
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
My name is Ron and I have been a nicotine addict since 1993. I am 46 years old, married and have a 12 year old son. I am a Accounting Professional. I grew up in a rural area in Arizona where I tried dip for the first time in High School. I only did it once and moved on. Fast forward a few years to college Army ROTC. A couple of guys were using and we were out on a field training exercise and the guys told me that it helped them stay awake which sounded good to me since we were only getting a few hours of sleep a night. Big mistake. That is when I started having a dip in every waking moment. I graduated college and starting my accounting career as a young CPA. Did my best to hide it from co-workers, bosses,, ect. Having a fat dip in your mouth doesn't help you gain respect in the business world.

I thought I would quit then, a few years later I got married, I thought I would quit then, I had a son, I thought I would quit then, I would stop a few hours, cave, lie, sneak around, chew at work, sneak around some more.

It is a nasty disgusting habit that kills people. I don't want to lose half of my face and look like a God Damn FREAK. I don't want to be responsible for setting the wrong example for my son. I am ready to quit. I have been quit for 2 weeks. I guit with each and everyone of you. I am here for you and you are here for me. Together we can do this.
Glad to have you on board Ron. Fuck nicotine. Fuck cancer.
Make Your Decision

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
Ron Cross Intro
« on: September 12, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »

It is a nasty disgusting habit that kills people. I don't want to lose half of my face and look like a God Damn FREAK. I don't want to be responsible for setting the wrong example for my son. I am ready to quit. I have been quit for 2 weeks. I quit with each and everyone of you. I am here for you and you are here for me. Together we can do this.