Author Topic: Snot's Musings  (Read 4735 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Snot's Musings
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: Snot
Day 101.

Thank you all for the congrats and the support for these first 100 days. Day 100 was a great day because I realized the accountability I had built over the past 100 days. I've been active in just about every aspect of this site:

- posting roll in my group EDD,
- posting roll in several other groups,
- posting support in new groups,
- active (to some degree) in the new groups; offering advice as I can,
- on live chat several times a week,
- texting several quitters periodically; having well over a dozen numbers
- using the "controversial" kakao app, and
- this intro

The result of all this activity is meeting and gaining the support of dozens here. So, on day 100 my phone and PM box lit up with fellow quitters congratulating me. Then getting the congrats in the support section of October, kakao, and live chat was awesome.

I built that accountability because I knew that I needed it and I still do. Although I am in the HoF, I will still post roll EDD, I'll keep up this intro, and I will be in live chat and kakao. I still need all my tools. I still need all of you holding me accountable. The nice thing is that I think I have some experience now that I can give back to the new groups and I am starting to do that. Y'all ain't gonna get rid of me that easily.

'oh yeah'
no activity since 01/25/15???

Apparently, you got rid of yourself? Sad part is, I saw zero discussion within October's pages about your MIA status. I'm unsure how the hell that happens with a quit like yours.

Can anyone elaborate here? 'Crazy'
Poof

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »
Day 101.

Thank you all for the congrats and the support for these first 100 days. Day 100 was a great day because I realized the accountability I had built over the past 100 days. I've been active in just about every aspect of this site:

- this intro

The result of all this activity is meeting and gaining the support of dozens here. So, on day 100 my phone and PM box lit up with fellow quitters congratulating me. Then getting the congrats in the support section of October, kakao, and live chat was awesome.

I built that accountability because I knew that I needed it and I still do. Although I am in the HoF, I will still post roll EDD, I'll keep up this intro, and I will be in live chat and kakao. I still need all my tools. I still need all of you holding me accountable. The nice thing is that I think I have some experience now that I can give back to the new groups and I am starting to do that. Y'all ain't gonna get rid of me that easily.

'oh yeah'
no activity since 01/25/15???

Apparently, you got rid of yourself? Sad part is, I saw zero discussion within October's pages about your MIA status. I'm unsure how the hell that happens with a quit like yours.

Can anyone elaborate here? 'Crazy'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Snot

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »
Day 101.

- this intro

'oh yeah'

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »
Well done Snotface! Enjoy the day, you've earned it!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
Well done Snot!

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
Nice work Snot!!!!! Stick around and help a newbie!!!!

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »
Quote from: FMBM707
Congrats you Mississippi Leg Hound! Keep up the great quit. QUIT WITH YOU 100% EDD! Quit on!
Nice job brother! Enjoy the day and come back tomorrow with a +1 and help some newbs get through their funk. Proud of you man!

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Congrats you Mississippi Leg Hound! Keep up the great quit. QUIT WITH YOU 100% EDD! Quit on!
Nice job, snotrocket.
Keep up the good work.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: Enough
Congrats on HOF Snot. Quit with you EDD
Old ES
I'm with the old guy on this one ... congrats Snot!
Snot
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
Quote from: Enough
Old ES
I'm with the old guy on this one ... congrats Snot!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Enough snuff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6/19/2014
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
Old ES
"You must do what others don't, to achieve what others won't"  Old Es

Offline Snot

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2014, 12:23:00 AM »
Day 83.

Thank you all for the support. I think I am finally emerging from the funk. My quit feels stronger these days. ODAAT has been my savior.

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
Day 79.

I had a few good days last week but it seems that around day 77 I went back into the funk. Yeterday and today have been brutal. My mind is trying to play tricks on me telling me that 77/78/79 days is good enough. I have to keep reminding myself that I am quit for good. I just don't do that anymore.

Days 50 - 65 seem like a breeze compared to what I am going through now. I hope this shit gets better soon. I can see now how every group loses a few at this time. If it wasn't for all the accountability I've built up and tools I have been using to get me through (kakao, chat, text) I could see how I would not make it. Thank God I was smart and took this quit seriously knowing I can not do this alone.

I will survive and persevere thanks to the support of many here, most of which the support of my fellow Titans.

And in just typing this update, I've beaten a crave. 'na na'
Focus on the now and forget about 'for good'. Quit today. Wake up and quit again. You'll get through this. You've got my number- holler if you need anything.
Hang in there Snot. The 70s funk is bad. The HOF funk is pretty bad too. Sometime after that, you'll get more comfortable with the "for good." For now, settle with "for today."

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
Day 79.

I had a few good days last week but it seems that around day 77 I went back into the funk. Yeterday and today have been brutal. My mind is trying to play tricks on me telling me that 77/78/79 days is good enough. I have to keep reminding myself that I am quit for good. I just don't do that anymore.

Days 50 - 65 seem like a breeze compared to what I am going through now. I hope this shit gets better soon. I can see now how every group loses a few at this time. If it wasn't for all the accountability I've built up and tools I have been using to get me through (kakao, chat, text) I could see how I would not make it. Thank God I was smart and took this quit seriously knowing I can not do this alone.

I will survive and persevere thanks to the support of many here, most of which the support of my fellow Titans.

And in just typing this update, I've beaten a crave. 'na na'
Focus on the now and forget about 'for good'. Quit today. Wake up and quit again. You'll get through this. You've got my number- holler if you need anything.