Author Topic: Snot's Musings  (Read 4734 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Snot's Musings
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: Snot
Day 51.

After a day 50 that went okay I seem to have hit another funk. Work is stressful, commitments outside of work are growing, and I'm behind on what seems like everything. I have not been this stressed out in months and it sucks. My procrastination is not helping. I'm still committed to the quit but it seems to be not very high in my priority list of everything else going on.
Snot,

Boil it down to the basics. Post roll, honor that promise, repeat. No need for quit to be any more complicated than that. Life is ebbs and tides. Right now you are at high tide... it will pass.

Be committed to the discipline of quit... the extras will come when things calm down.
Shits busy and you say your quit isn't very high on your list right now.

You know what...I get it.

Just make sure that caving doesn't make its way up on that list. Going back to the can isn't going to slow your life down. It fills no voids in your life...it creates more.

Post role and stay quit. That's all u gotta do.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »
Day 51.

After a day 50 that went okay I seem to have hit another funk. Work is stressful, commitments outside of work are growing, and I'm behind on what seems like everything. I have not been this stressed out in months and it sucks. My procrastination is not helping. I'm still committed to the quit but it seems to be not very high in my priority list of everything else going on.
Snot,

Boil it down to the basics. Post roll, honor that promise, repeat. No need for quit to be any more complicated than that. Life is ebbs and tides. Right now you are at high tide... it will pass.

Be committed to the discipline of quit... the extras will come when things calm down.

Offline Snot

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
Day 51.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
Day 50.

Hard to believe it's been 50 days. 50 days and I still have craves. Just goes to show you how evil nicotine really is. Granted, the craves are not as frequent as the first couple of weeks but they are certainly still there. I can and do go several hours without nicotine crossing my mind. But then a trigger pops up and the crave is there. Most craves do seem weaker now. A hit of fake, some gum, or a jolly rancher and I'm good in a few minutes. It's - in a word - tolerable now.

I'm already starting to think about my HOF speech. I see that as a good sign. The support here has been amazing. You truly get out of this site what you put into it. I feel sorry for those who never go beyond posting a "day count". They are missing out on so much that could help them.
50 is bad ass Snot, but focus on Day 50 today, and not an HoF speech in 50 more days. We lost a brother in July today after his HoF today, the nic bitch is a vile whore waiting for all of us at our weakest.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Snot

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
Day 50.

Hard to believe it's been 50 days. 50 days and I still have craves. Just goes to show you how evil nicotine really is. Granted, the craves are not as frequent as the first couple of weeks but they are certainly still there. I can and do go several hours without nicotine crossing my mind. But then a trigger pops up and the crave is there. Most craves do seem weaker now. A hit of fake, some gum, or a jolly rancher and I'm good in a few minutes. It's - in a word - tolerable now.

I'm already starting to think about my HOF speech. I see that as a good sign. The support here has been amazing. You truly get out of this site what you put into it. I feel sorry for those who never go beyond posting a "day count". They are missing out on so much that could help them.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »
Day 23.

First of all, thank you all for the comments. I truly appreciate the support you all provide. I hope that one day I can pay it all back as a "vet."

The days from 14 to now have been similar. Daily craves, the occasional rage, still a light fog. Some days are better than others. The craves seem to be getting less frequent. What used to seem to be hourly craves are now every couple of hours. Today was a pretty good day. I can probably count on one hand the number of craves I had. I have the tools in place to handle them now.

To newbies that read this, Day 23 is much better then day 14 which was much better than day 7 which was... well, you get the idea. Hang in there, it will be better. If you have a rough day, power through it and see what tomorrow brings. Chances are, it will be better.

I know I am not out of the woods. I will have more tough days. But for the first time I am starting to get a feel for what life after dip is like.
You have know idea yet snot. Keep making your way to the door. Good things coming. Things started really turning around for me around day 40 or so. You got a great quit going. Stay with the program and keep laying the foundation. This foundation will not fail unless you tear it down yourself. I don't have not 1 better thing to do, but honor this word I've given to you and 1000's of others today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Snot

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 01:54:00 PM »
Day 44.

I can actually go hours at a time without a crave or even thinking about nic. Most craves are manageable now but every now and then I get a monster crave that makes me feel like I am back at week 1. I had one of those yesterday. The difference now is that I know craves are temporary and if I ride the storm I will come out stronger on the other side.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: SirDerek
Day 36.

The funk slowly seems to be going away. The craves are less frequent but seem to be more intense. Thankfully, I have the tools in place and can withstand the storms. Live chat has been my relief.

When not craving which is a majority of the time, I'm starting to discover and enjoy this new life of no nicotine. It sounds cliche but sometimes - every now and then - I get this feeling of joy that I am alive and free. Usually get this feeling when I am outside. Its hard to explain - the grass seems greener (or browner this time of year), the sky seems bluer, I don't want to beat my kids. ;)
nice job snot as looks like coming out of those mid-30 blues....

keep up the good quit
Keep it up snot. Days 20-40 kind of sucked. I remember being really pissed my craves weren't lessening. Great thing with Quitting is if you hit a rough patch, just hang in and it always gets better. 36 days is no joke. Congrats.
^^^^ QFT, you'll get some nice "normal" days in once this funk blows over!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Day 36.

The funk slowly seems to be going away. The craves are less frequent but seem to be more intense. Thankfully, I have the tools in place and can withstand the storms. Live chat has been my relief.

When not craving which is a majority of the time, I'm starting to discover and enjoy this new life of no nicotine. It sounds cliche but sometimes - every now and then - I get this feeling of joy that I am alive and free. Usually get this feeling when I am outside. Its hard to explain - the grass seems greener (or browner this time of year), the sky seems bluer, I don't want to beat my kids. ;)

keep up the good quit
Keep it up snot. Days 20-40 kind of sucked. I remember being really pissed my craves weren't lessening. Great thing with Quitting is if you hit a rough patch, just hang in and it always gets better. 36 days is no joke. Congrats.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
Day 36.

keep up the good quit

Offline Snot

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Day 36.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 10:43:00 PM »
Thank you, Jub  WP. I do have plans for my funk. The Kakao app with my fellow Titans is an outlet as well as the Live chat here. I have at least half a dozen numbers and get/send the occasional text. Thankfully, I have not reached a point in my quit where I have had to get talked out of a cave. The tools I have established (as recommended by people here) have worked. But if the need to reach out arises I know I have the support in spades.

I will get used to this new normal. I've also used this quit as an opportunity to drop some old bad habits (that I associated with nicotine) and develop some new good habits that will be nicotine-free from the start. That hasn't been easy but the persistence is starting to pay off.
Keep preparing for that eventual trauma or stress that's gonna make you want to buy a can. When that moment arrives you have to be ready. When that moment arrives you will say, "fuck you, nicotine. I'm educated and I know that 1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems".

This is your education. Soak it in and be prepared. Something fucked up will happen eventually and based on what you are learning today, there will be no acceptable excuse for caving. Only pure hatred and disrespect for yourself could possibly usurp your preparation and, even more so, your word that you've given us daily here on roll call.

I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Snot

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »
Thank you, Jub  WP. I do have plans for my funk. The Kakao app with my fellow Titans is an outlet as well as the Live chat here. I have at least half a dozen numbers and get/send the occasional text. Thankfully, I have not reached a point in my quit where I have had to get talked out of a cave. The tools I have established (as recommended by people here) have worked. But if the need to reach out arises I know I have the support in spades.

I will get used to this new normal. I've also used this quit as an opportunity to drop some old bad habits (that I associated with nicotine) and develop some new good habits that will be nicotine-free from the start. That hasn't been easy but the persistence is starting to pay off.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Jubella
Day 31.

One month quit.

The quit does seem to be getting slowly better. The craves are still hard but not as frequent as weeks 2  3. Days 29  30 were actually decent. Sleep is still rocky but not bad.

I am strangely kinda nostalgic of the very early days of my quit. It sounds bizarre but I think back to the first week with something like almost fondness. There is no way in hell I want to relive it but, in a way, I kind of - just a tiny bit - miss it? It's weird. Maybe it was the outpouring of support from KTC and the idea of being one of the "new kids" that I no longer have. I don't know. Maybe its because the quit seems routine now. The days are similar: craves after meals, craves after exercise, lots of seeds/gum/fake. This has been the routine for several weeks now. Some days are slightly better than others but they are all somewhat the same.

I think I have hit my first funk.
Good Great job on 31 days quit, that's wicked (and no small accomplishment). Do not ever let the quit get "routine" as that is when the nic bitch can sneak up and tell you "one wont hurt". You're gonna have some good days and some bad days, you're not far behind me but I can tell you that it does get better.

Do you have a plan for this funk, and future funks, for that matter? Make sure you do and that you utilize it... there's been plenty of times where I've had to text someone to help me through. You got a bunch of brothers here that are there if you need someone to lean on. In a funk? Shoot me a text and I will do my damn hardest to help you through it.

Congrats on one month, keep up the good work, Snotty!
That's actually quite a common thought process. The spotlight is pretty bright initially, but it can fade. Hell, we have groups years old that experience this.

The key is that quit is your new normal. 31 day is fucking awesome, but your enemy can sleep practically forever. Right now, the key is to create such a strong base for this quit that you trend towards quit instead of using. As addicts, we trend towards using. As quitters, we don't. We control our actions. We set our sights on being quit and we go out and do it.

I'm proud as fuck of you man. Keep it up. Shine that spotlight right back on yourself and give back. Be visible in your group, in new groups, and pretty much everywhere.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, sports, food, music, and naps.
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
Day 31.

One month quit.

The quit does seem to be getting slowly better. The craves are still hard but not as frequent as weeks 2  3. Days 29  30 were actually decent. Sleep is still rocky but not bad.

I am strangely kinda nostalgic of the very early days of my quit. It sounds bizarre but I think back to the first week with something like almost fondness. There is no way in hell I want to relive it but, in a way, I kind of - just a tiny bit - miss it? It's weird. Maybe it was the outpouring of support from KTC and the idea of being one of the "new kids" that I no longer have. I don't know. Maybe its because the quit seems routine now. The days are similar: craves after meals, craves after exercise, lots of seeds/gum/fake. This has been the routine for several weeks now. Some days are slightly better than others but they are all somewhat the same.

I think I have hit my first funk.
Good Great job on 31 days quit, that's wicked (and no small accomplishment). Do not ever let the quit get "routine" as that is when the nic bitch can sneak up and tell you "one wont hurt". You're gonna have some good days and some bad days, you're not far behind me but I can tell you that it does get better.

Do you have a plan for this funk, and future funks, for that matter? Make sure you do and that you utilize it... there's been plenty of times where I've had to text someone to help me through. You got a bunch of brothers here that are there if you need someone to lean on. In a funk? Shoot me a text and I will do my damn hardest to help you through it.

Congrats on one month, keep up the good work, Snotty!