Author Topic: Intro  (Read 3300 times)

Offline h_prime

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »
And I'll add... I mean with all due respect, if you use that method to motivate yourself and it's working, GREAT!! Keep it going!!! I just don't do it that way.

Like I said, in 20 yrs of chewing (17 to 37) I've only tried to quit twice, and the last time I quit for about 3 months and that was 7 maybe 8 yrs ago. I've never really "wanted" to quit...this wasn't a huge seminal moment. I tossed away the last empty can, and just decided I'm done. And in 3 days I haven't bought a new can, so there ya go. That's all I need to do today, is not buy a can.

Offline h_prime

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
Good stuff. I'm a little too old to get all jazzed up with the tough guy/internet manhood challenge. I don't have to hate anything, nor do I have to be fueled with faux rage to accomplish not putting a dip in my mouth. It's an inanimate object, and the game is with my mind, not the object.

I'm not here for "motivation", (although thanks for the effort, if it was sincere) nor do I need to justify my quit sufficient for you to believe it. If you wanted to quit and you did, I'm happy for you. If you're in the middle of a quit, I'm rooting for you, but I won't be sending you bunch of internet tough talk. If you want share a laugh and and talk about the weird stuff the first 2 or 3 weeks of quit does to you, let's chat it up.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
No real major life things to prompt the quit, just don't really want to do it anymore. Still enjoy it, depend on it, can't live without it......lol...but it's only day 2, I'm sure that'll pass.
Lose this ^^^^ mentality. It will bring to back to the can quicker than stink on shit.

If you truely enjoy it and depend on it, you are not ready. Come back when you hate it more than anything in this world.

Out of curiosity, do you still enjoy the receeding gums, tooth decay/loss, ass breath, money spent, time lost with loved ones, sore gums, dip pubes all over your car, spilled spitter stains, paranoia about cancer? Tell me.
What this guy ^^^^ said. Took the words right out of my mouth.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
No real major life things to prompt the quit, just don't really want to do it anymore. Still enjoy it, depend on it, can't live without it......lol...but it's only day 2, I'm sure that'll pass.
Lose this ^^^^ mentality. It will bring to back to the can quicker than stink on shit.

If you truely enjoy it and depend on it, you are not ready. Come back when you hate it more than anything in this world.

Out of curiosity, do you still enjoy the receeding gums, tooth decay/loss, ass breath, money spent, time lost with loved ones, sore gums, dip pubes all over your car, spilled spitter stains, paranoia about cancer? Tell me.
Yep - Evil is right. Romancing the breakup. Why are you quitting? Do you really want to? If you do, there has to be something about the nic bitch you can't stand.

If not, you are not ready to quit. You're guilty and want to use...without the guilt...is my guess.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline h_prime

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
Day 1 wasn't so bad. Weekend, sat around eating junk food like there was no tomorrow, lol. First day back in the office is a good test. Sitting over the keyboard for 8 hrs makes it kinda tough when the cravings hit, like right after lunch. This fidgety hyperactive feeling is pretty frustrating. Hope it'll die off in a day or two.

Lucky the weather is decent....just went for a walk after lunch to curb that crave when it hit hard today.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 04:34:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: h_prime
1 can a day for almost 20yrs.  It wasn't always a can a day...not for the first 5 or 10, but it's been a can a day for the last 5 that's for sure.  Quit for almost 3 months once about 8 years ago. 

No real major life things to prompt the quit, just don't really want to do it anymore.  Still enjoy it, depend on it, can't live without it......lol...but it's only day 2, I'm sure that'll pass. 

Today is the first day I can honestly say I didn't have a chew yesterday, and I don't think I've gone 24hrs without one in a very very long time.  I actually can't remember the last time I went a day without one.
Prime
That's the best reason of all to quit. Just cuz you don't want to anymore. that's why I finally did it. Its funny to how much more we had to chew just to stay level because of the tolerance we built up to poisoning ourselves. Learn how to post roll in the welcome center. This site wont work for you unless you post roll everyday.
Glad you're quit bro. It will kill you in the long run if you don't quit. So kudos on quitting. You are doing the right thing. My advice is to learn to hate nicotine/tobacco. It won't be hard to hate if you do a little research and pay close attention to the withdrawal effects. Really reflect in it's impact on your life, wellness, relationships,  finances. Examine it carefully I implore you.

I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
"Pain is just weakness leaving the body!" I got a lot of weakness right now
It will suck so bad for the first while. Do not forget how bad it sucks so you are reminded never to have to go through it again. Then things will start to gradually get better. Three days to get your engine clean, then you can begin healing. You can do this!

Offline h_prime

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
"Pain is just weakness leaving the body!" I got a lot of weakness right now

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Prime,

Welcome....couple things......

Here at KTC we hate the cancer causing, money wasting slut that the nic bitch is. You will also learn to despise that trollop.......

1. You are an addict so treat this quit as such. You cannot have just one dip or one smoke etc...you/we are addicts there is no such thing as one!

2. We quit one day at a time here at the KTC. This means you worry about today or this minute or hour only and staying clean of nic. Don't worry about tomorrow, it will be here soon enough.

3. Post roll and show us that you are a man of your word and have a set. We'll quit with you today and show you the path to freedom the KTC way.
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »
1 can a day for almost 20yrs. It wasn't always a can a day...not for the first 5 or 10, but it's been a can a day for the last 5 that's for sure. Quit for almost 3 months once about 8 years ago.

Today is the first day I can honestly say I didn't have a chew yesterday, and I don't think I've gone 24hrs without one in a very very long time. I actually can't remember the last time I went a day without one.
Prime
That's the best reason of all to quit. Just cuz you don't want to anymore. that's why I finally did it. Its funny to how much more we had to chew just to stay level because of the tolerance we built up to poisoning ourselves. Learn how to post roll in the welcome center. This site wont work for you unless you post roll everyday.

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
Welcome. Read the Welcome posts and post roll everyday. This is a great place to stay quit and help is always available. It is hard, but you can do it!

mb289

Offline h_prime

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
1 can a day for almost 20yrs. It wasn't always a can a day...not for the first 5 or 10, but it's been a can a day for the last 5 that's for sure. Quit for almost 3 months once about 8 years ago.

Today is the first day I can honestly say I didn't have a chew yesterday, and I don't think I've gone 24hrs without one in a very very long time. I actually can't remember the last time I went a day without one.

Offline h_prime

• Quitter
Intro
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »