Author Topic: Newbie from Pa  (Read 5673 times)

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
Re: Newbie from Pa
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 06:29:00 AM »
Excellent! Quit with you today Western PA Newbie!

Offline Menace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »
Welcome Grady and hold on brother cuz the suck will only get worse before it gets better. Stay the course, POST ROLL EVERY DAMN MORNING and keep your word like you have a set and we will do this together!

Quit with you today!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Grady
Quote from: SAM83
Bucco's update: 2 to 1 Reds in the bottom of the 6th looking out my office window at the Jumbo Screen....welcome aboard. Make sure you are clear in your mind that you are ultimately doing this for yourself. You have got to want it for you. Accountability to your wife, other loved one's and your quit brothers here are critical, but ultimately you have to want to quit for you so that you are willing to use that accountability to motivate you through and embrace the suck. Based on your avatar and am guessing you were/are from Pittsburgh. PM me if you need anything!
Sam, you must hate those mid week day games? :D Too bad today didn't turn out too well. I am a diehard Bucco fan. Between the tv, going to 3-5 games a year and the radio, I might completely miss 10 games a year. I'm 1 1/2 hrs north of the 'burgh.

Between the voices, teeth r killing me, loss of appetite, stomach is all out of f'd up, I've definitely embraced the suck today. I got this.
You definitely embraced it and I was stoked to see your name on roll. Keep this up embrace it againÂ…the suck will go away, I can promise you that. When the fog clears, you'll hardly recognize the addict when you look at yourself through the eyes of a quitter.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Bucco's update: 2 to 1 Reds in the bottom of the 6th looking out my office window at the Jumbo Screen....welcome aboard. Make sure you are clear in your mind that you are ultimately doing this for yourself. You have got to want it for you. Accountability to your wife, other loved one's and your quit brothers here are critical, but ultimately you have to want to quit for you so that you are willing to use that accountability to motivate you through and embrace the suck. Based on your avatar and am guessing you were/are from Pittsburgh. PM me if you need anything!
Sam, you must hate those mid week day games? :D Too bad today didn't turn out too well. I am a diehard Bucco fan. Between the tv, going to 3-5 games a year and the radio, I might completely miss 10 games a year. I'm 1 1/2 hrs north of the 'burgh.

Between the voices, teeth r killing me, loss of appetite, stomach is all out of f'd up, I've definitely embraced the suck today. I got this.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Man! I wish my office overlooked ATT Park. Instead my office (on the first floor) looks out into a yard full of bulldozers, scrapers, weeds, and RR Tracks.
I am fortunate enough to have an unobstructed view of PNC Park across the Allegheny River.....bottom of the 8th....same score....let's go Bucs!
Lets Go Redlegs!

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 03:06:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Man! I wish my office overlooked ATT Park. Instead my office (on the first floor) looks out into a yard full of bulldozers, scrapers, weeds, and RR Tracks.
I am fortunate enough to have an unobstructed view of PNC Park across the Allegheny River.....bottom of the 8th....same score....let's go Bucs!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »

E&C's Dad

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
Welcome to the nut house. Follow the program edd and you will find success!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 08:14:00 AM »
Welcome Grady, I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 02:07:00 AM »
Quote from: MCO
Welcome Grady,

Congrats on the quit, glad you are taking your the first step in the right direction. I was in your shoes six weeks ago, never thought I'd make it this far, but due to this site I'm sitting here dip free. You seem to have a great attitude, my suggestion is simply to "drink the kool-aid" as they say. Post roll everyday, exchange numbers with your fellow July quit brothers/sisters, jump on live chat and get to know some of the quitters there, etc.

If you need a contact or any advice or just want to bull shit with someone send me a PM,

MCO
Hi Grady, I am quit with you today.

If you want to be quit, just follow the program. While it may not seem significant now, posting roll is what will keep you quit. Just do it!

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 01:25:00 AM »
Welcome Grady,

Congrats on the quit, glad you are taking your the first step in the right direction. I was in your shoes six weeks ago, never thought I'd make it this far, but due to this site I'm sitting here dip free. You seem to have a great attitude, my suggestion is simply to "drink the kool-aid" as they say. Post roll everyday, exchange numbers with your fellow July quit brothers/sisters, jump on live chat and get to know some of the quitters there, etc.

If you need a contact or any advice or just want to bull shit with someone send me a PM,

MCO
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline hypothesaurus_rex

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 12:34:00 AM »
Hey brother! Glad you found us here. Proud to have you quitting for yourself. I quit with you today!

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-18
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 12:15:00 AM »
Welcome to the suck Grady. Stay quit every day, hold fast, post your roll, and let some more experienced quitters help you. You can do this!!!
Lambo*****915*******IOFFIO********************Full Time Quitter***********

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 12:09:00 AM »
Welcome Grady. Sounds like you have the right attitude and you're certainly in the right place. It's real simple. We just quit for today. Tomorrow we do it again. If you need anything or want to swap numbers, send me a message. Go Bucs.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech