Author Topic: Newbie from Pa  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie from Pa
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Zillah
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Grady
Man it's day #4 and I pray that all that shit is out of my body. Wow, you talk about not only the mind games but physically the poison wasn't leaving without a fight. I feel pretty darn good this morning. Thank God for Jakes. That after dinner time and first thing in the morning time, is the SOB.

I say to all my fellow addicts, thank you. It's going to be a great day, free from that shit.
Take a step out your door today and take a good look around. You'll see everything differently. Take a look at the world without nicotine desensitizing your feelings and blurring your vision. After a year of quit i still look around in disbelief. I feel different, see different, act different. There is nothing about us the poison doesn't affect. Suck in that dignity and feel that freedom!

You have a lot of repairs that will take place. You have a new Grady to build. The old Grady is screwed up pretty bad. The new Grady will take some time to build, but he's worth it.

There is a door you need to get to. Sharpen those tools, settle in and make your way to the door. I can't tell you how far the door is or how long it will take to get there, but I can tell you it's worth every step. We're here to help you make it, and make it you will. Failure is not an option!!
Grady,
Adding to what srans is saying....
There is a brave new world out there without nicotine. Now that you are done with dip, it's time to start replacing the nic bitch with other more valuable things in your life. You will suddenly realize that you have all sorts of free time. And the ability and desire to start spending that time on the things in your life that really matter. I can honestly say my marriage got better, my work environment got better, and my enjoyment of my hobbies got better. Why? Well I don't have to think about increasing my cancer risk because I don't have a dip in. And if I don't have a dip in, then I'm not jones'in for the time when I would put one in. So, the vicious cycle of dip...do I dip?...should I dip?...what if I dip?...well, I kinda want a dip...oh hell I'll just have one dip...is all bullshit and gone. Enjoy building your new life brother. It is nothing short of life saving. I quit with you today.
ZillahCowboy
Funny how I remember srans telling me to do the same thing a little while back... I took his advice and I suggest you take it as well.

Get outside and look around. Soak it in. This is a big day in your life! Go for a walk and remember this day. You are free today. Free from the slavery brought on by the nic B. And that my friend is priceless!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
Man it's day #4 and I pray that all that shit is out of my body. Wow, you talk about not only the mind games but physically the poison wasn't leaving without a fight. I feel pretty darn good this morning. Thank God for Jakes. That after dinner time and first thing in the morning time, is the SOB.

I say to all my fellow addicts, thank you. It's going to be a great day, free from that shit.
Take a step out your door today and take a good look around. You'll see everything differently. Take a look at the world without nicotine desensitizing your feelings and blurring your vision. After a year of quit i still look around in disbelief. I feel different, see different, act different. There is nothing about us the poison doesn't affect. Suck in that dignity and feel that freedom!

You have a lot of repairs that will take place. You have a new Grady to build. The old Grady is screwed up pretty bad. The new Grady will take some time to build, but he's worth it.

There is a door you need to get to. Sharpen those tools, settle in and make your way to the door. I can't tell you how far the door is or how long it will take to get there, but I can tell you it's worth every step. We're here to help you make it, and make it you will. Failure is not an option!!
Grady,
Adding to what srans is saying....
There is a brave new world out there without nicotine. Now that you are done with dip, it's time to start replacing the nic bitch with other more valuable things in your life. You will suddenly realize that you have all sorts of free time. And the ability and desire to start spending that time on the things in your life that really matter. I can honestly say my marriage got better, my work environment got better, and my enjoyment of my hobbies got better. Why? Well I don't have to think about increasing my cancer risk because I don't have a dip in. And if I don't have a dip in, then I'm not jones'in for the time when I would put one in. So, the vicious cycle of dip...do I dip?...should I dip?...what if I dip?...well, I kinda want a dip...oh hell I'll just have one dip...is all bullshit and gone. Enjoy building your new life brother. It is nothing short of life saving. I quit with you today.
ZillahCowboy

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
Welcome to the club. Glad to have you here. I'm also in PA. If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to PM me.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
Sam  srans, thanks for the words of advice. Day #3 and I'm alive, kickin and QUIT! srans, trust me when I say I know quite a bit about addiction (never enough though) I'm a recovering alky so that knowledge that I've gained from the AA program, is really helping me through this bullshit addiction. The serenity prayer helps.
Today is a new day and I'm nic free!
Don't forget to make that promise today my friend. Take caving completely off the table. Quit with you today.
You've got this Grady! You can do it and it will get better. Feed on your hatred of the ugly lying nic whore. Breath deep and relax, then rage at the bitch.
Good to meet you in chat.
Quit on, bro.

Go Cards!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
Sam  srans, thanks for the words of advice. Day #3 and I'm alive, kickin and QUIT! srans, trust me when I say I know quite a bit about addiction (never enough though) I'm a recovering alky so that knowledge that I've gained from the AA program, is really helping me through this bullshit addiction. The serenity prayer helps.
Don't forget to make that promise today my friend. Take caving completely off the table. Quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »
Quote from: MUPig
Quit with you today Grady! You can do this - no excuses!
^^^^^^......it does/will get better incrementally and ODAAT! You hang tough through this, read what srans wrote above...that shitty feeling is the poison leaving your body, it is healing in progress. Get to the welcome center and read. Read how the bitch tricks your mind into feeling good, giving you the perception that everything is better with a packed lip. IT IS A LIE and right now she is trying to yell it in your ear. This is you taking back your freedom and she is pissed so you get pissed right back! Pissed that you fell into this trap, pissed that big tobacco peddles this shit to you to our children and knows it is selling death, and pissed that your addiction is trying to keep you. Screw that, fight the Bitch!

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2014, 03:26:00 AM »
Quit with you today Grady! You can do this - no excuses!
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
Trust me 22 they're not funny and they're NOT going to get better. Quit on. Get pissed off at nic, stay pissed off and hold on because it's a fuck of a ride!
Everything will get better my friend. Yea, for a minute or two it will suck, but it's worth every second. Breathe in that dignity you've gained back this day. Suck in that freedom your taking back.

Began sharpening your tools. Knowledge on nicotine/addiction will go a long ways. You'll be surprised at how much a little knowledge will help. There is a vast amount of knowledge on this site. Start reading and replacing the lies with the truth. Knowledge is power.

Water, water and water. Flush the poison out. 72 hours and then it becomes mental. You got this man. One day at a time. If you have to take it one minute/second at a time. Time feels as though it slows down for a little while but in time you will kick yourself right in the a@@ for ever putting the poison in your pie hole. Quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline Grady

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »
Quote from: E&C's
Quit with you today Grady! Beat the suck down like the reds did to the buc's yesterday! All kidding aside glad to see you post a day 2, keep up the good work.

-EC from Cincinnati
Although it's 100% truth, it still sucks! The Bucco's are playing like total shit lately.

This afternoon things have gotten better. I got some much missed sleep, from last nights head trip. Coming up on 48 hrs. So, we'll see what tonight holds for me. I told the wife last night, "talk to me on Sunday." 'Crazy' Quit on and hey nic 'Finger'

E&C's Dad

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Day #2. The suck was brutal last night, terrible upset stomach, dreams, I had it all going on but I'm still quit and it's going to stay that way!

Hey nic. 'Finger'
Hang in there Grady....the first 10 days are brutal. I definitely felt that my IQ dropped 50 points. I couldn't do anything productive. It gets easier, just keep posting roll. One promise every day. keep that promise...repeat. Look how many people are on this site. All of us have been where you are now. Get anghry and stay angry, it's the best way tyo fight.
Quit with you today Grady! Beat the suck down like the reds did to the buc's yesterday! All kidding aside glad to see you post a day 2, keep up the good work.

-EC from Cincinnati

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Day #2. The suck was brutal last night, terrible upset stomach, dreams, I had it all going on but I'm still quit and it's going to stay that way!

Hey nic. 'Finger'
Hang in there Grady....the first 10 days are brutal. I definitely felt that my IQ dropped 50 points. I couldn't do anything productive. It gets easier, just keep posting roll. One promise every day. keep that promise...repeat. Look how many people are on this site. All of us have been where you are now. Get anghry and stay angry, it's the best way tyo fight.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »

Hey nic. 'Finger'