Author Topic: rtpope intro  (Read 11166 times)

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: rtpope intro
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Congratulations on the year of quit my friend. I have been honored to share this last year with you and look forward to many more to come. Thanks for helping keep my quit on solid ground.
Here's to you, Preacher! 'Cheers'
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: rtpope
Today is 304. I haven't added anything here as a documentary on my quit in a while. Here's my thought of the day.

This community has saved my life. I have a friend, practically a brother that quit dipping in March, just after my 2/7/14 quit date. His name is Clint. Clint and I grew up in the same town, played tee ball thru hs ball together. We were college roommates. He was dipping as long as I was and almost as often. He is stoked to be quit. 

When I went on the bachelor party in May around day 95 of my quit, he was hammered with me. He found someone smoking a cigarette and bummed one. I texted Krusty who talked me off the cave ledge. The next day I asked him about it and his response was "prolly shouldn't have done it, but at least it wasn't dip." I gave him a hard time but had to realize that without the education of this site, he didn't know any better.

Yesterday, I met Clint and 6 of our friends at the mall for an annual drunken Christmas shopping trip. After spending way too much money and drinking way too much beer they planned their next stop. Clint immediately asked the waitress where the closest tobacco shop was. He went to painstaking efforts to convince everyone that the day needed to be consummated with a cigar. I was leaving the group any way to get home to my wife and kid so I didn't have to deal with his dumbass smoking a hog dick in front of me.

Without this site, I would have the same mind set. I would have gone with them to smoke a cigar. I wouldn't feel like I caved bc it isn't dip. I would then find more and more reasons to smoke a cigar. That occasional cigar would be enough to make be think I could have a pinch every once in a while. It would allow me to maintain a romanticized view of tobacco. Clint will be finger banging a can within 6 months. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen 3 stoppages of at least 3 months end for Clint. I'm thankful for this place. I'm thankful for each and every one of you. I'm thankful for the truth I've found here. I'm thankful for the strength, accountability, brotherhood and relationships I've gained here
Thanks for sharing, Preacher. I'm thankful to quit with you.
Ditto bro. We were both dumbasses for way too long. Congrats on 3rd floor!
Good stuff rtpope! Glad you share this! Quit on.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »
Today is 304. I haven't added anything here as a documentary on my quit in a while. Here's my thought of the day.

This community has saved my life. I have a friend, practically a brother that quit dipping in March, just after my 2/7/14 quit date. His name is Clint. Clint and I grew up in the same town, played tee ball thru hs ball together. We were college roommates. He was dipping as long as I was and almost as often. He is stoked to be quit. 

When I went on the bachelor party in May around day 95 of my quit, he was hammered with me. He found someone smoking a cigarette and bummed one. I texted Krusty who talked me off the cave ledge. The next day I asked him about it and his response was "prolly shouldn't have done it, but at least it wasn't dip." I gave him a hard time but had to realize that without the education of this site, he didn't know any better.

Yesterday, I met Clint and 6 of our friends at the mall for an annual drunken Christmas shopping trip. After spending way too much money and drinking way too much beer they planned their next stop. Clint immediately asked the waitress where the closest tobacco shop was. He went to painstaking efforts to convince everyone that the day needed to be consummated with a cigar. I was leaving the group any way to get home to my wife and kid so I didn't have to deal with his dumbass smoking a hog dick in front of me.

Without this site, I would have the same mind set. I would have gone with them to smoke a cigar. I wouldn't feel like I caved bc it isn't dip. I would then find more and more reasons to smoke a cigar. That occasional cigar would be enough to make be think I could have a pinch every once in a while. It would allow me to maintain a romanticized view of tobacco. Clint will be finger banging a can within 6 months. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen 3 stoppages of at least 3 months end for Clint. I'm thankful for this place. I'm thankful for each and every one of you. I'm thankful for the truth I've found here. I'm thankful for the strength, accountability, brotherhood and relationships I've gained here
Ditto bro. We were both dumbasses for way too long. Congrats on 3rd floor!

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »

Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: Bradleyguy

Sounds like Clint needs a certain quit site link shared with him. Stay after him, but don't get discouraged. He'll only do it when he's good and ready, as we all know.
Nice 304! We can never have just 1. Ever! That means anything with nicotine. That is the road to nowhere. Nice job holding the line with your friends. Proud to be quit with you all day!
Good stuff pope. It feels good to be clean. We can't save the world.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Bradleyguy

Sounds like Clint needs a certain quit site link shared with him. Stay after him, but don't get discouraged. He'll only do it when he's good and ready, as we all know.
Nice 304! We can never have just 1. Ever! That means anything with nicotine. That is the road to nowhere. Nice job holding the line with your friends. Proud to be quit with you all day!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline BG

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2014, 12:00:00 AM »

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Krusty
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: FMBM707
Quote from: Smeds
Welcome to the 3rd floor, brother. The view up here is a bit clearer. Proud to quit with you EDD. 'oh yeah'
Hope you are enjoying that new little boy. They are a hell of a lot of fun once they stop shitting their pants.
Congrats Pope!! My wife said the same thing about me BTW Doc ...
CONGRATS POPE ON 300!
Awesome 300!!
Thanks for being here Pope. Congrats on 300 'boob'
Nice 3-handy, Billy-Ray -- congrats!!
Atta Boy!!!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Welcome to the 3rd floor, brother. The view up here is a bit clearer. Proud to quit with you EDD. 'oh yeah'
Hope you are enjoying that new little boy. They are a hell of a lot of fun once they stop shitting their pants.
CONGRATS POPE ON 300!
Awesome 300!!
Nice 3-handy, Billy-Ray -- congrats!!

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
CONGRATS POPE ON 300!
Awesome 300!!

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
CONGRATS POPE ON 300!
Awesome 300!!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »
CONGRATS POPE ON 300!

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014