Author Topic: Slave no more..  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Otter

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-13
  • Interests: All things Jesus and my family.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Slave no more..
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
There is something that I was thinking about this weekend and on the way to work this morning. Someone once said, "I won't remember what my enemies said about me, but rather the silence of my friends." This can be so relevant to our struggles here with nicotine addiction. We come here to help one another and some practice what I would call tough love. We must understand that these who practice this type of help are doing the utmost good. They have a passion for saving your life. They have been where you are right now and know how easy it would be for you to slip once again into slavery.

Let us all wake up and realize that those who have come before us are our guides. We wouldn't be here if we didn't need their support in this struggle we are going through. So get some thick skin and come to the realization that those who come to you with harsh or fighting words are doing good for you and your quit. They are fighting for your life. It really is crazy to think that someone you have never met is fighting for you! So let them and take the meat of what every one here says to you and spit out the bones. Keep quit!

Offline swampdrummer

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
Kickin ass and taken names Otter! You are an inspiration to me and I quit with you.
In life, Its not how far you have come. It is what you have done with the miles.

Offline Otter

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
Day 8 and no ill effects. I still feel as though I am on the outside looking in. I guess its just been so long since I didn't have any toxic chemicals running through my bloodstream. Funny thing is, I never had any sores from the stuff in my mouth and last night out of nowhere there appeared a sore on the inside of my lip.

Well, can't say enough about how awesome this site has been in helping my quit. Doesn't really make sense to me, how it works so well, but if you follow what the veterans say to do, it works. At least it has for 8 days. Tomorrow I will be quit again and will make that same pledge each and every day thereafter. Just gotta stay strong.

Offline Moondawggy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitarist, Recording Gear, Xbox, hunting, fishing, boxing, BAMA football.
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
You're the man, Otter. I quit with you.

Moon
Quit date : 1/20/12
HOF 4/28/12
HOF Speech

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
Quote from: OTTER
So day 7 almost half way over and I am kind of in this euphoric state. I don't know how to explain it other than to say, I feel great. Last night, I was able to jog a mile without stopping and then came home and did some ab work. Unbelievable how far my body has come in one short week. So even though the craves are getting more drastic in nature, my resolve is getting that much stronger to combat them. I will never give in to nicotine again, not today, not tomorrow, never. But I am going to keep it simple and quit for one day, every day until I am no more. The chat room is also helping out so much when things get blurry. This site has been a true life saver for me.
THIS is how you quit. Excellent work...drop in on the other groups and get involved in the conversations there...lead by example...
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Otter

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
So day 7 almost half way over and I am kind of in this euphoric state. I don't know how to explain it other than to say, I feel great. Last night, I was able to jog a mile without stopping and then came home and did some ab work. Unbelievable how far my body has come in one short week. So even though the craves are getting more drastic in nature, my resolve is getting that much stronger to combat them. I will never give in to nicotine again, not today, not tomorrow, never. But I am going to keep it simple and quit for one day, every day until I am no more. The chat room is also helping out so much when things get blurry. This site has been a true life saver for me.

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »
Don't let the suck make you think for one second that you aren't making progress. 6 days is phenomenal. Your well on your way to that place where you can laugh at the control this poison had on you. Stay the course, it gets way better.. I promise. Reach out if you need anything.

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
Hang in there Otter. The day isn't a total loss. You kept your word. There's some power in that bro.

Offline Otter

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
Well, today is number 6 for me and I am not having the greatest day. My mind is offline and I can't concentrate. Work is not getting done, so I am going to go home and rest and forget about this day. Really feeling frustrated and angry for no apparent reason. Feel like smashing something, so its best that I go for a ride and clear my mind. Once I get home and see my girls, I know that this feeling will go away. They always bring out the best in me. Head feels like it weighs a ton. Time to go. Tomorrow will be another day of quit for me.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
Well done, Otter! I'm a father of 2 myself. And my wife is a saint. And I'm so fucking stupid that I lied to them for years to spend time with the fucking Nic Bitch?!!!

We can't do anything about the past, but we can sure as shit do something about our futures. Stay strong and stay quit.

Offline IRISH

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: January 14, 2012
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
Quote from: OTTER
I wanted to start this more as a progression of my journey from slave to free man! I have never known life as an adult without some form of nicotine in my system. The longest time period without it would be somewhere in the ballpark of several weeks, maybe a month. So this journey is scary and failure is my biggest adversary.
I am quitting because of me. You see, I am a father to two beautiful daughters with another on the way in February. My wife is an incredible lady who has put up with the lies and the hiding of my addiction from her and still has offered her help with this final quit! And this will be the end of my marriage to nicotine. I am cutting the cord and never looking back. I have prepared my mind and spirit well for this fight. This site is the nail in the coffin for me because even though I don't know anyone here, we are all in the same boat. We are all going through or have been through the pain, suffering and loss of control that nicotine addiction brings with it. So as I have done for the first 5 days of my journey as a free man, I will post roll every day, I will pledge not to touch nicotine in any way, shape, or form for that day, and I will reach out to those who have come before me and ask for help when needed. And when my journey reaches a point where control is back in my hands, I will take my experience and help those who are overcoming their addiction.

I look forward to a day when the world wakes up and puts those bastard tobacco companies out of business and treats them as the murderous no good slime that they are!
You told my story. I'm glad aim quit with you.
Never quit the motherfucking quit.

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
Welcome.

Read, read and read some more.

Drink the Kool-aid. The system here works.

And most importantly, post roll, keep your promise, and repeat.

Offline Otter

• Quitter
Slave no more..
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
I wanted to start this more as a progression of my journey from slave to free man! I have never known life as an adult without some form of nicotine in my system. The longest time period without it would be somewhere in the ballpark of several weeks, maybe a month. So this journey is scary and failure is my biggest adversary.
I am quitting because of me. You see, I am a father to two beautiful daughters with another on the way in February. My wife is an incredible lady who has put up with the lies and the hiding of my addiction from her and still has offered her help with this final quit! And this will be the end of my marriage to nicotine. I am cutting the cord and never looking back. I have prepared my mind and spirit well for this fight. This site is the nail in the coffin for me because even though I don't know anyone here, we are all in the same boat. We are all going through or have been through the pain, suffering and loss of control that nicotine addiction brings with it. So as I have done for the first 5 days of my journey as a free man, I will post roll every day, I will pledge not to touch nicotine in any way, shape, or form for that day, and I will reach out to those who have come before me and ask for help when needed. And when my journey reaches a point where control is back in my hands, I will take my experience and help those who are overcoming their addiction.

I look forward to a day when the world wakes up and puts those bastard tobacco companies out of business and treats them as the murderous no good slime that they are!