Author Topic: Stuff I'm right about  (Read 7508 times)

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Stuff I'm right about
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Zam
OK, If I had known that this thread would stay with me here at KTC as my official intro, I definitely would have re-thunk the title. And I might have posted stuff that actually had to do with an introduction. So here goes a slightly less foggy, slightly more informative introduction.

(cue up inspiring music)

"And now, please welcome Zam! Sam hails from southern Missouri. He is 46 years old, married with 3 (nearly) grown kids. Zam's ensemble this morning includes pin-striped boxers, paint-stained tee shirt, and black socks. When not working for a major airline, he enjoys golf, old machinery, and ranting with nic-rage. He recently restored a 98 year old printing press, and is now working on building a high-quality still. If Sam was given one wish, he would use it to end hunger, stop violence, to obtain world peace, or for $50Million cash. Sam has chosen to quit nicotine use after 26+ years because he no longer wishes to have his every movement tied to when and how he would get his next nicotine hit. The quit-for-today idea, along with the no-coddling, in-your-face, meaningful accountability convinced Sam to join KTC."

(fade out inspiring music, cue applause)
a little tip...and spoiling the party...

If you go back to your first post on this thread and hit edit, you will be able to change the title...

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »
Calling out a caver is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral being which thinks that no caver has a duty to pass his hard earned lessons on to his brothers, that no attempt at accountability is worth the risk offending someone, is much worse. The quitter who refuses to hold someone accountable to their word, who refuses to ask the tough questions of a brother in need of not comfort but truth, who values harmony over confronting the logic of the addicted brain , is a miserable creature with little chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of more honest, forthright, and yes, compassionate quitters than himself.

My apologies to John Stuart Mill for the adaptation his wonderful quote.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
OK, If I had known that this thread would stay with me here at KTC as my official intro, I definitely would have re-thunk the title. And I might have posted stuff that actually had to do with an introduction. So here goes a slightly less foggy, slightly more informative introduction.

(cue up inspiring music)

"And now, please welcome Zam! Sam hails from southern Missouri. He is 46 years old, married with 3 (nearly) grown kids. Zam's ensemble this morning includes pin-striped boxers, paint-stained tee shirt, and black socks. When not working for a major airline, he enjoys golf, old machinery, and ranting with nic-rage. He recently restored a 98 year old printing press, and is now working on building a high-quality still. If Sam was given one wish, he would use it to end hunger, stop violence, to obtain world peace, or for $50Million cash. Sam has chosen to quit nicotine use after 26+ years because he no longer wishes to have his every movement tied to when and how he would get his next nicotine hit. The quit-for-today idea, along with the no-coddling, in-your-face, meaningful accountability convinced Sam to join KTC."

Face it, you're just an attention whore...

'crackup'
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Cornholio

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: "I am still growing too with all areas of life as I feel when we stop that is when we go 6 feet under. So each day I look to learn something or apply something I have learned in the past as we have reached today based on all of our decisions in that past. They made us who we are now, but do not define who we will be tomorrow, as that definition starts now." ~ SirDerek"KTC is a circle the wagons situation and you need to be inside the circle busting ass to keep the circle tight! Anyone running from the circle does so at their own peril..." ~ Jason (JDM)
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
Quote from: ChewCrewRetiree
OK, If I had known that this thread would stay with me here at KTC as my official intro, I probably would have re-thunk the title.   And I might have posted stuff that actually had to do with an introduction.  So here goes a slightly less foggy, slightly more informative introduction.

(cue up inspiring music)

"And now, please welcome Zam!  Sam hails from southern Missouri. He is 46 years old,  married with 3 (nearly) grown kids. Zam's ensemble this morning includes pin-striped boxers, paint-stained tee shirt, and black socks.  When not working for a major airline, he enjoys golf, old machinery, and ranting with nic-rage.  He recently restored a 98 year old printing press, and is now working on building a high-quality still.  If Sam was given one wish, he would use it to end hunger, stop violence, to obtain world peace, or for $50Million cash.  Sam has chosen to quit nicotine use because he no longer wishes to have his every movement tied to when and how he would get his next nicotine hit.  The quit-for-today idea, along with the no-coddling, in-your-face, meaningful accountability convinced Sam to join KTC."

(fade out inspiring music)
Welcome aboard Zam ;)

Nice title, jackass :lol:
You rock Sam.
'Sing and Drink'

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
OK, If I had known that this thread would stay with me here at KTC as my official intro, I probably would have re-thunk the title.  And I might have posted stuff that actually had to do with an introduction.  So here goes a slightly less foggy, slightly more informative introduction.

(cue up inspiring music)

"And now, please welcome Zam!  Sam hails from southern Missouri. He is 46 years old,  married with 3 (nearly) grown kids. Zam's ensemble this morning includes pin-striped boxers, paint-stained tee shirt, and black socks.  When not working for a major airline, he enjoys golf, old machinery, and ranting with nic-rage.  He recently restored a 98 year old printing press, and is now working on building a high-quality still.  If Sam was given one wish, he would use it to end hunger, stop violence, to obtain world peace, or for $50Million cash.  Sam has chosen to quit nicotine use because he no longer wishes to have his every movement tied to when and how he would get his next nicotine hit.  The quit-for-today idea, along with the no-coddling, in-your-face, meaningful accountability convinced Sam to join KTC."

(fade out inspiring music)
Welcome aboard Zam ;)

Nice title, jackass :lol:
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »

(cue up inspiring music)

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
I want to post this up while I'm still newbie around here. If the process of trying to figure out where to go and what to do is part of the initiation, well, disregard.

First of all, after being here for 16 days and change, I don't have ANY problem navigating to where I need to go, and finding stuff that I think may be here but never seen.

I think we all know that this site is not hard to navigate if one is in ANY way motivated. But if guys hitting this site for the first time are like me, and foggy as hell, licking the empty space behind their bottom lip, it can be hard.

Also realize that first time visitors can land on damn near ANY page in on the site, depending on what they googled before coming here.

My suggestion is to simply make sure that the "template" for damn near any page on this site has a VERY CLEAR escape hatch that SCREAM to the confused: "DON"T KNOW WHERE TO START? CLICK HERE!!" "ABOUT TO FUCKING SNAP INTO SOME SORT OF INSANITY OR RAGE? CLICK HERE!! Every page should have this, even at the expense of some function that the old vet uses a lot.

Now that I think about it, maybe the introductions thread should automatically be the first thing that an active member sees before going off somewhere else. If some visitor in need posts a note, there is no doubt that they will get a response - quickly.

Offline Cornholio

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: "I am still growing too with all areas of life as I feel when we stop that is when we go 6 feet under. So each day I look to learn something or apply something I have learned in the past as we have reached today based on all of our decisions in that past. They made us who we are now, but do not define who we will be tomorrow, as that definition starts now." ~ SirDerek"KTC is a circle the wagons situation and you need to be inside the circle busting ass to keep the circle tight! Anyone running from the circle does so at their own peril..." ~ Jason (JDM)
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
I don't really have any criticisms of KTC, I just thought I'd deflect some of the heat off of 2score.  I also realized that I guess protocol indicates I should post something of an intro in this section.  I'll keep it short, because (like a certain other intro thread), I would surely offend somebody.  Hell, In my current state (day 4.25 of the quit) I know I am not overly pleasant or tactful.  Nor do I give a rat's anus.  It's likely I'll go out of my way to piss people off just so I have an excuse to repeatedly yell the stuff like "WHAT THE FUCK, OVER!?" and YGBSM! and " I am NOT over-fucking-reacting!!" and "toilet paper is supposed to unroll off the top, you f'n moron!!  How many mother-$@'€ times...".     

Deep breath.  No, a nice pinch wouldn't be just the thing to help compose an introduction.

INTRODUCTION

Sam Powell
Username : Zam
Started smoking in early 80's,
Switched to cope in the mid80's
Figured out 25 years later how much of my life has become nothing but support system for my habit. 
I have survived the last few days nic-free by putting the nic-bitch in physical form.  Literally.  Instead of a having an "invisible friend, " I have an invisible evil devil of an enemy.  I'm not crazy.  Ok, I'm crazy.
Welcome.

Rage is good.

Rage here.

Toilet paper comes from the bottom.

Never again.

For any reason.
I need TP for my bunghole!!

Offline djr2

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, lifting, music, surfing
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
I feel you Zam.. I am on day 2 of quitting and I am on edge.. The anxiety is through the roof but we got this bro!! I told the boys on my team that I am off the nic now, so if I freak out on someone, put my sorry ass back in-line.. Stay true man!
'Champions are made when there are no bodies looking'
Quit Date: 1-26-2012
HOF Date: 5-4-2012
HOF Speech -Once an addict, always an addict..

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Welcome, sir. Good to have you here. Yes, aim your ire in our direction. Especially Miles. Calling him a fag has helped me many times.

Yell if you need anything.

PS- I rather doubt 2sore would appreciate the attention being diverted.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Welcome to the best decision you ever made brother.

I quit with you today.

Miles +1
I quit with with you all!

Offline DW3

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Leahy16,Jan

For any reason.
Your comments reminded me of some of mine years ago when I'd make a half-assed attempt to quit. "Are you TRYING to fuck with me?" or "What's your fucking problem" were two of my most common responses to questions from my wife...Now I don't have a wife. I wonder if my comments had anything to do with it. 'crackup'

Stay the course and don't put any of that shit in your face. It WILL kill you, just a matter of time.

You can do this.

I'm quit with you today, brother.
Thanks for the words. Good ones. It's easy to blow steam here, and you guys will hear some of the shit I didn't say to the wife. Most of my intro post comes from the fact that nicotine withdrawal is a bitch, and dealing with the fact that I am not in as much control as I woulda liked to believe. [/QUOTE]
I thought I was in control and not raging much, until one day just unleashed a tirade on a fellow quitter. We were called the February Flamethrowers for a few days after that. It didn't matter at all in the long run...all was forgiven. So let it out. Plus, its fun to go back and read after you get your head back on straight.
Grit and Quit ~ Timpy
Building a relentless, laser-sighted, chrome-plated, heat-seeking, cock-blocking, wolf pack of a quit (with curb feelers), one day at a time.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
Quote from: Leahy16

For any reason.
Your comments reminded me of some of mine years ago when I'd make a half-assed attempt to quit. "Are you TRYING to fuck with me?" or "What's your fucking problem" were two of my most common responses to questions from my wife...Now I don't have a wife. I wonder if my comments had anything to do with it. 'crackup'

Stay the course and don't put any of that shit in your face. It WILL kill you, just a matter of time.

You can do this.

I'm quit with you today, brother. [/QUOTE]
Thanks for the words. Good ones. It's easy to blow steam here, and you guys will hear some of the shit I didn't say to the wife. Most of my intro post comes from the fact that nicotine withdrawal is a bitch, and dealing with the fact that I am not in as much control as I woulda liked to believe.

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
I don't really have any criticisms of KTC, I just thought I'd deflect some of the heat off of 2score.  I also realized that I guess protocol indicates I should post something of an intro in this section.   I'll keep it short, because (like a certain other intro thread), I would surely offend somebody.   Hell, In my current state (day 4.25 of the quit) I know I am not overly pleasant or tactful.  Nor do I give a rat's anus.   It's likely I'll go out of my way to piss people off just so I have an excuse to repeatedly yell the stuff like "WHAT THE FUCK, OVER!?" and YGBSM! and " I am NOT over-fucking-reacting!!" and "toilet paper is supposed to unroll off the top, you f'n moron!!  How many mother-$@'€ times...".     

Deep breath.   No, a nice pinch wouldn't be just the thing to help compose an introduction.

INTRODUCTION

Sam Powell
Figured out 25 years later how much of my life has become nothing but support system for my habit. 
I have survived the last few days nic-free by putting the nic-bitch in physical form.  Literally.   Instead of a having an "invisible friend, " I have an invisible evil devil of an enemy.  I'm not crazy.  Ok, I'm crazy.
Welcome.

Rage is good.

Rage here.

Never again.

For any reason.

You can do this.

I'm quit with you today, brother.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
I don't really have any criticisms of KTC, I just thought I'd deflect some of the heat off of 2score. I also realized that I guess protocol indicates I should post something of an intro in this section. I'll keep it short, because (like a certain other intro thread), I would surely offend somebody. Hell, In my current state (day 4.25 of the quit) I know I am not overly pleasant or tactful. Nor do I give a rat's anus. It's likely I'll go out of my way to piss people off just so I have an excuse to repeatedly yell the stuff like "WHAT THE FUCK, OVER!?" and YGBSM! and " I am NOT over-fucking-reacting!!" and "toilet paper is supposed to unroll off the top, you f'n moron!! How many mother-$@'€ times...".

Deep breath. No, a nice pinch wouldn't be just the thing to help compose an introduction.

INTRODUCTION

Sam Powell
I have survived the last few days nic-free by putting the nic-bitch in physical form. Literally. Instead of a having an "invisible friend, " I have an invisible evil devil of an enemy. I'm not crazy. Ok, I'm crazy.
Welcome.

Rage is good.

Rage here.

Never again.

For any reason.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!