Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 4182 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2015, 08:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Jerk11
Day 344. Knocking on a full year Nic-free. This year I will actually want to stay longer on Christmas to be able to enjoy that precious time with family. I won't be escaping to my Nissan to get my fix. I played golf on Friday without it and without fake, and there really wasn't a passing thought of even considering either. It's amazing how quickly we adapt to the "new" (or old, depending on how you look at it) us. I owe all of that to KTC and the wonderful people here that have helped me along the way. That support and accountability are invaluable to a lying, cheating, selfish, dirty nicotine addict as myself. Never forget.

For those of you looking in from the outside or early in your quit... this site is everything it is cracked up to be, and much more. If you are recently quit and suffering... stay patient and always ASK FOR HELP IF YOU NEED IT. I'm always amazed at how helpful people are if you share with them how you are feeling or if you experience scary signs from long-term nic abuse. This goes for both KTC and outside KTC.

Give yourself and your family the greatest Xmas gift of your life and Kick the Can to the Curb.
I hope new quitters read this intro start to finish. You are a different dude than when you started. Nice.

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »
Day 344. Knocking on a full year Nic-free. This year I will actually want to stay longer on Christmas to be able to enjoy that precious time with family. I won't be escaping to my Nissan to get my fix. I played golf on Friday without it and without fake, and there really wasn't a passing thought of even considering either. It's amazing how quickly we adapt to the "new" (or old, depending on how you look at it) us. I owe all of that to KTC and the wonderful people here that have helped me along the way. That support and accountability are invaluable to a lying, cheating, selfish, dirty nicotine addict as myself. Never forget.

For those of you looking in from the outside or early in your quit... this site is everything it is cracked up to be, and much more. If you are recently quit and suffering... stay patient and always ASK FOR HELP IF YOU NEED IT. I'm always amazed at how helpful people are if you share with them how you are feeling or if you experience scary signs from long-term nic abuse. This goes for both KTC and outside KTC.

Give yourself and your family the greatest Xmas gift of your life and Kick the Can to the Curb.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2015, 08:51:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: trigerhapy
A little late, congratulations on 3rd floor man!
Congratulations joe! You are doing great my friend! You have proved to yourself and everyone around you can do anything you put your heart and soul in! Quit on! Damn proud of you!
Congratulations my friend!

30 is where good starts turning to great. One day at a time you are taking life by the horns!!!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
Congratulations joe! You are doing great my friend! You have proved to yourself and everyone around you can do anything you put your heart and soul in! Quit on! Damn proud of you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 05:59:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Excellent post and perspective. You are a great mentor Joe - you get it. Quit with you today.
Aww what an inspiration to see a Yong man quit and getting it done one day at a time! If I had quit at your age, oh well I didn't but I am thankful I quit see I never seen myself quitting, thanks joe my quit brother! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »
Excellent post and perspective. You are a great mentor Joe - you get it. Quit with you today.

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 9-9-15
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
Congrats on day 259 and thank you for the thoughts. I am on day 12 and can't wait to be able to reflect on some large quit milestones. Reading posts like this helped me in ways I can't express to quit and get me through that first week. Thank you again and stay quit strong.

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
Day 259:

I wanted to share a reflection I had in bed the other night (it's about nicotine/addiction, I promise 'winker' ). I was lying down with the lights off and my mind started to drift as it normally does at this time. Thinking about what it would feel like, at day 259, to pop a real dip in my lip... now before you freak the F out and chastise me for bringing this up, let me finish my thought process...

So there I would be. Lying in the dark by myself. Suppose I mad the incredibly rash, selfish, ignorant, ill-advised decision to have a dip that night before bed. Say I didn't even need to run to the store, but that it was right there in my dresser. How would I feel when I put it in my lip? This is how I best imagined it:

Joe puts dip in lip. Eyelids dilate immediately, get that "rush" feeling for about 10 seconds. After the 10 second high, I become extremely queasy. Like ran a mile and then immediately consumed a Double Quarter Pounder meal with a regular Coke, in less than a total of 20 minutes. At this point.... I am hunched over with what feels like a giant, concentrated hangover.... if hangovers were what it feels when you put poison in your body, poison that your body used to be fed constantly....

Those are just the purely physical effects. What would be going through my mind? Surely, strong thoughts of guilt, shame, and embarrassment would be the overall feeling. Would I see Alvin, Tony, Doug, and Michael and the look of dissappointment on their face? What about all the newbies I helped along the way? What would their expressions look like? I never want to know or have to imagine that again. That's why I posted roll this morning and decided to QUIT for today.

Also, I am amazed at how better I feel at 259 than 149 when I last posted a long reflection such as this.

For anyone on the fence about quitting for good.... POST your Day 1 and flush all that poison. It's the biggest self-inflicting liability. Be done with the lies of addiction. You owe it to yourself. I chose LIFE over a poisonous weed.

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Congratulations, 200 days man!
Congrats... GO Jerk Go!
Way to go jerk, got your whole life ahead of you and a helluva better start than most of us here because you're nic free at such a young age! Congrats on 200 brother!
Congrats Jerk! your quit is top notch!
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Congrats... GO Jerk Go!
Way to go jerk, got your whole life ahead of you and a helluva better start than most of us here because you're nic free at such a young age! Congrats on 200 brother!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »
Congrats... GO Jerk Go!
I believe.....

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2015, 05:30:00 PM »
And Joe you are a fine young man who when he puts his mind to something he doesn't stop until he accomplished what he started! Damn proud to call you my brother and friend! Remember joe we all started somewhere in life and it all comes down to how bad you want something in life, whatever it is it's possible just takes want to and perseverance! Quit on badass!
I hear ya Joe. Change can be tough. I worked for a company that must have had 10 layoffs over 8 years and I would always have the same feeling after each one. I always felt a sense of loss and thought that work simply wouldn't be enjoyable moving forward. It would always be a bit depressing for a short while but over time you adapt and you meet new people. Glad you haven't lost sight of the reasons you're here. You're a solid quitter man. Lots of us are here for the long haul and there are plenty of new quitters each day that could use your help! Quit with ya man.
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
And Joe you are a fine young man who when he puts his mind to something he doesn't stop until he accomplished what he started! Damn proud to call you my brother and friend! Remember joe we all started somewhere in life and it all comes down to how bad you want something in life, whatever it is it's possible just takes want to and perseverance! Quit on badass!