Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15324 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
TW - You do it like it's supposed to be done. Congrats on 100.
100 is great. But there is a lot more greatness ahead! Congratulations on a job well done, and for being one of the leaders on this site!

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »
TW - You do it like it's supposed to be done. Congrats on 100.

Offline TrueToMyself

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Back from vacation, thanks to all in my circle for the help posting roll, and staying on my ass. My wife sends a thank you very much to all in the KTC for giving her a crap free vacation since we have been together (going on 14 years). I could not have been 74 days quit without you all!
Did the human centipede 3 come out yet? I'm assuming that's straight to DVD?
No it's not out, Tom Six is a Danish director who thinks the HC franchise is fine art (as do I), so as usual there are production issues. Could be that prick Eric Roberts who thinks he is someone because his sister played a famous hooker who is delaying the film, or the Dr. from the first HC that was going all prima donna on Tom Six. I also know that I know way too much about the Human Centipede films. But my 280 pound ass can fit on the Top Thrill Dragster!

Big shout out to E  C's dad, Breetlees, J2B, Basshaug, Healthygums, Grady, Jakester, Shawns 76, Bronc, Rdad, for the vacation support, not sure if all of you got my texts but the intention was there. I'm just a tech tard.
After seeing your signature for the last 4 weeks, I too can't wait for the latest installment of the Human Centipede. At least, I'd like to read your detailed review of its sex cannibal tendencies.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Back from vacation, thanks to all in my circle for the help posting roll, and staying on my ass. My wife sends a thank you very much to all in the KTC for giving her a crap free vacation since we have been together (going on 14 years). I could not have been 74 days quit without you all!
No it's not out, Tom Six is a Danish director who thinks the HC franchise is fine art (as do I), so as usual there are production issues. Could be that prick Eric Roberts who thinks he is someone because his sister played a famous hooker who is delaying the film, or the Dr. from the first HC that was going all prima donna on Tom Six. I also know that I know way too much about the Human Centipede films. But my 280 pound ass can fit on the Top Thrill Dragster!

Big shout out to E  C's dad, Breetlees, J2B, Basshaug, Healthygums, Grady, Jakester, Shawns 76, Bronc, Rdad, for the vacation support, not sure if all of you got my texts but the intention was there. I'm just a tech tard.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Ok, going to vacation in lovely Northern Ohio Sunday through Wednesday, so the bizarre level of posts I create will be greatly reduced. I have 10 sets of digits in a super sized quitter vacation text group that I will hit every morning, and if I can't figure out my wifes iPad, I have confirmed quitters standing by to post +1's for me.

Peace, and quit on, I'm riding waterslides and roller coasters!
Bizarre indeed freak! We got you covered T, just let one of us know. Enjoy your family time at the Point.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
Ok, going to vacation in lovely Northern Ohio Sunday through Wednesday, so the bizarre level of posts I create will be greatly reduced. I have 10 sets of digits in a super sized quitter vacation text group that I will hit every morning, and if I can't figure out my wifes iPad, I have confirmed quitters standing by to post +1's for me.

Peace, and quit on, I'm riding waterslides and roller coasters!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Lost my fukkin phone again so if you trying to text me I am quit, and a total moron to boot. Peace.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »
Ok, please tell me if this is normal after 64 days of quit. We are going on a 4 day vacation next week, and my wife is a overplanner as in let's pack today when we are leaving in 8 days. So the first thing I thought of was "4 days vacation = 6-7 cans, with one in the car already".

And today driving to work I heard of a 3 day golf stay and play, and I thought "5 can log with a 6th in my pocket".

This is the first time I have left home on an extended vacation since I have been quit (one weekend trip before) so why am I thinking vacations in terms of cans to bring? This vacation is going to be so nice without having to plan when and where to dip, just worrysome that dip is still right there in my brain.
Good post! It's just habit to think that way, and now you're breaking the habit in this situation- more victories! I'm glad you're looking forward to the freedom in the travels now- it really is amazing how nice it is to not have to plan  work so diligently to keep dosed up on the poison. Keep that strong quit going, I think you're really gonna enjoy the trip !
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »
Ok, please tell me if this is normal after 64 days of quit. We are going on a 4 day vacation next week, and my wife is a overplanner as in let's pack today when we are leaving in 8 days. So the first thing I thought of was "4 days vacation = 6-7 cans, with one in the car already".

And today driving to work I heard of a 3 day golf stay and play, and I thought "5 can log with a 6th in my pocket".

This is the first time I have left home on an extended vacation since I have been quit (one weekend trip before) so why am I thinking vacations in terms of cans to bring? This vacation is going to be so nice without having to plan when and where to dip, just worrysome that dip is still right there in my brain.

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »
Thank you Doc, gotta pay this freedom forward! Quit with you all damn day!
^^^^ Thats the stuff.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
Thank you Doc, gotta pay this freedom forward! Quit with you all damn day!

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
Love the quit you've got going on. Keep spouting the truth to the newbies. Quit On!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
Quote from: chewie
Thank you all. Another good present is the random support from my kids (10  8). I started this quit to show them what Lent was about, got educated quickly by the KTC, changed this quit to be about me and only me, but hearing the randomness of my oldest tell his teacher "My daddy quit chewing tobacco" last week makes every bad moment doubly worth it. NAFAR.
See... that's just tremendous. Talk about a moment to make you proud of yourself. Congrats!
Good stuff brother! I remember the day you first posted and it is great to see when someone soaks it all in here at KTC. You are teaching your kids how to live! Outstanding. Proud to be quit with u today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech