Author Topic: Up hill  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Timeless117

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: You and only you.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Up hill
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Quote from: pokerleader
So yesterday was my fiancees sons homecoming. I went to the dry cleaner for her to pick up homecoming clothes. We were driving a Hummer3 from my dealership so her son would have a cool car. It was raining when we got there and a man was coming out of the dry cleaner so I just pulled up to the door to let her out and give the man room to back out. The parking is really tight in this parking lot. so while she is in there the man starts yelling at me. i rolled down my window and said can i help you sir. He said you mother fucker and he started screaming at me about how us guys dont know how to park these things. He kept on and I tried to keep my cool. that lasted for a little bit more of his yelling at me but with 5 days with no nicotine he really didnt want to fuck with me. so i got out and called him an old bastard and few other things. he got in his car and i told him to get out. he asked me if I would hit an old man. Well at this point I was ready to rip his head off. Luckily he decided to leave and I thought he was gonna run me over. What I realized was that I do really good at first but if i continue to be provoked then i just cant take anymore. then I chewed the hell out of my coffee straw!!!!!
So I'm walking outside of the hospital the other day after getting done with the cases that I had to do for the day, and some old man decides to spit while walking on the sidewalk. Oh and it was on my foot after taking my sneakers off and putting some sandals on. It took everything I had to not go off on him. I tell him thats exactly why you don't spit on sidewalks old man. He looks flustered so I point to my foot and he sees this dirty ass spit. So I tell him now you apologize to me and I will walk away.
At least it was a better than when I wanted to throw a safety deposit box at the bank tellers head my first week.
Day 1: 09/12/2011
HOF: 12/20/2011
1 year: 09/11/2012

HOF Speech: Day 100, Just another day in the life of Timeless

Now, like all great plans, my strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

Proud member of the Brotherhood of Men on Planet Earth

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
So yesterday was my fiancees sons homecoming. I went to the dry cleaner for her to pick up homecoming clothes. We were driving a Hummer3 from my dealership so her son would have a cool car. It was raining when we got there and a man was coming out of the dry cleaner so I just pulled up to the door to let her out and give the man room to back out. The parking is really tight in this parking lot. so while she is in there the man starts yelling at me. i rolled down my window and said can i help you sir. He said you mother fucker and he started screaming at me about how us guys dont know how to park these things. He kept on and I tried to keep my cool. that lasted for a little bit more of his yelling at me but with 5 days with no nicotine he really didnt want to fuck with me. so i got out and called him an old bastard and few other things. he got in his car and i told him to get out. he asked me if I would hit an old man. Well at this point I was ready to rip his head off. Luckily he decided to leave and I thought he was gonna run me over. What I realized was that I do really good at first but if i continue to be provoked then i just cant take anymore. then I chewed the hell out of my coffee straw!!!!!
You are not alone! Did not take much to set me off when I was in my first week. I now at 52 days and have to say I have never felt calmer in my life! I'm running again.....doc says my blood pressure is outstanding....I'm starting another class towrd my masters this week (I have delayed that for a year)! Life is good! Pokerleader this is what you have to look forward too! Freedom from the nic bitch and a life of better health! Keep it up and keep the straws handy......you are almost through the worst part though!
EX ninja dipper!
Felt good to come clean on August 12, 2011

Offline pokerleader

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
One Day at a time is Awesome!!!!

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
Glad to hear you figured out the most important step! Keep it up!
EX ninja dipper!

Offline pokerleader

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
Thanks for all the help. I can tell you one thing, if not for KTC and everyone on here i dont think icould of done this. Oh yea good grief Johnny i better thank my fiancee kmm125. I can tell you it is a great help to have a good support system at home.I was the one who thought i could just stop everyday. I know now any one can stop, but everyone needs to QUIT!!!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
Funny thing is i never thought of it as being a addict. I know now that i am an addict. I will not let being an addict run my life any longer. I own this quit!!!
You have realized something very important.

The day I admitted I was addicted to nicotine was the day I controlled nicotine instead of nicotine controlling me. It does not make quitting easy, it just means I call the shots.

Offline pokerleader

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Funny thing is i never thought of it as being a addict. I know now that i am an addict. I will not let being an addict run my life any longer. I own this quit!!!

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
Thanks. I just know i have a long way to go. I have tried to quit many many times. I just continue to cave.Not THIS time!!!!
That's the spirit!

Your best bet to really own this quit is admit this:

You are and addict!

I am an addict!

Once an addict always and addict so if things get tough there is no such thing as "one last dip"........if you go down that road one dip turns into one can into one more week and I'll really try next time! I know.....I went down that road a few times before finding this site!
EX ninja dipper!

Offline pokerleader

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
I have to agree with you whsii. Thirty years is a long time. But so is two weeks. I would have to say an addict is an addict no matter how long it has been.I have now come down to chewing on straws. Not very attractive but it helps easy everything.
Well its day 3. What hell its been but i quit!! i have found out that chewing on coffee stir straws help me. I have great support from my fiancee (kmm125). Thank all my brothers who have been giving her advice.

Offline pokerleader

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
I have to agree with you whsii. Thirty years is a long time. But so is two weeks. I would have to say an addict is an addict no matter how long it has been.I have now come down to chewing on straws. Not very attractive but it helps easy everything.

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Take it from Scowick. He's a true quitter. Hell, just look at that pretty face! His avatar really is him.

Seriously, day at a time. It's the only way. Thirty years is a long time. But, does not mean you are more of an addict than someone who dipped for less time.

I'm proud to be quit with you today.
Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
well its day 2!! The drive to work sucked, but i made it!! I am glad that this is here to keep me going! All you guys rock!! Thanks for the help so far
1 day at a time. You will break her if you beat her 1 day at a time. We did it, you can to!

Offline pokerleader

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
well its day 2!! The drive to work sucked, but i made it!! I am glad that this is here to keep me going! All you guys rock!! Thanks for the help so far

Offline davwilli

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
Dont think of it as a uphill battle. True the first 3 days are a bitch. Tough it out, do what ever you have to just keep the shit out of your mouth. But honestly after that all nicotine is out of your body, then it is just a mental game. Everyday does get a little easier, more like a downhill slope...
Quit Date -Aug 15, 2011
HOF-------- Nov 22, 2011
2nd Floor--Mar 1, 2012
3rd Floor--Jun 8, 2012
One year--Aug 15, 2012
4th floor--Sep 16, 2012
5th floor--Dec 17th, 2012
6th floor--Mar 27th, 2013

Offline pokerleader

• Quitter