Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: Dougie
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: Roamcountry
Are caves infectious?.......I am starting to think so.........you know, the group mentality thing.  I find myself having the "fuck its" lately.  I see a lot of caving around, I see a lot of people who want to make up their own rules about quit, about what is acceptable and what is not.  As I sit here this morning getting ready for a very stressful day, I contemplate buying a can for the drive ahead.........WTF right!?! Where the hell does this come in???? "Ahhh, but I would be able to relax, help ease the tension".........Then I hear LOOT (fer fucks sake) in my brain, as if some form of deity speaking from the skies....."Hey numnuts......what do you think that is gunna solve? LOOT wouldn't follow those that jump off bridges.....thats just dumb." followed by every quitter I know here saying the same type of things.  My sext group would hamstring, castrate and light my ass on fire (and not in a phlaming way either).  So, I choose to put on my big boy pants and deal, without dip, the way a man should.  Whats happening? Well, to start off, I have been off for a week now with my truck down, you may have heard the running jokes about my tranny,  but it has been a major issue and a major stress point.  I got word that all was gunna be ok on thur and had a sigh of relief.  So, the wife and I decide to make the best of our time and take the kids to 6 flags since we just saved a ton of money on the tranny.  My son and I got off a coaster as people were saying something about someone falling off.  My son is 9 and didnt want him to see anything too bad, so not knowing what had really happened, I rushed him down the ramp away from everything so he didnt get too freaked out. Turns out the car behind us (the one still on the track) had thrown a passenger and she died.  We didnt find out until 2 hrs later when trying to get back in the same area when a lady from the park came up and described in great detail (in front of the kids) about what happened and how she died (graphically).  Just fucking great!! You could see the trauma on my sons face as he realized it was the ride we were on.  I dont know why, but this shook me up pretty good. It was a look at mortality and how fragile it is.  I could ramble all day about it but I wont.  I have no idea why it is still haunting me this morning, I have seen worse in wrecks on the road, but for some reason, this one I cant just shake off. Its weird.  Well, yesterday I get a call from my mechanic and he tells me that there is now another problem with the transmission (clarified for wedges sake) and there will be more of a delay today.  I have to get down there (4 hrs away) to make sure this shit is gunna get done today because I am out of time and money to be sitting on my ass.  Life sucks.  It throws us so much at one time.  It piles up.  It feels unassailable at times and thats what it feels like for me today.  I have to be honest with everyone and say, yes, I would like to have a dip today, but I wont, I promised, I dont think it will be an easy promise to keep today, but I will.  Just because I have all of you jackasses in my head cheering me on in quit and in life.  I wanna say "fuck you all" (thank you) in the most sincerest fashion.
Roam- 457
Seriously I saw that on the news and wondered if one of my dip brothers were there.

Roam nice words and thoughts for me to chew on. Keep on quitting. The cycle is if we all stay quit, we are on the verge of a recovery breakthrough.

So enjoy the shitty feeling today. You will have a better grasp on how great is feels soon.

I am on a long drive to nashville TN. August 8-10th. I think Its my turn to buy the steak dinner.

Bring the Tranny. I'm driving my son to school. You could meet my son and the Mrs.
Roam-

Thank you for the inspiration to stay quit. Posts like this help swing the group mentality to where it should be- posting role call and remaining nicotine free.
Damn Roam,

That is intense brother. Hey your promise to us a enough to stay quit, and us in your head saying things like "it won't help" you won't feel better" is a good reason too. But at the end of the day remember you quit for you. You don't want a dip, your addiction does. You want to be quit and went thru hell to get there. You owe us your word, but you owe you your quit! I quit with you!
I will stand side-by-side, with Roam, his tranny, and his big boy pants all day, every day. You got this today. See you on roll tomorrow.
ah man. I wanted the tranny
Great post Roam, thanks for sharing. And congratulations for making through a rough day!
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Are caves infectious?.......I am starting to think so.........you know, the group mentality thing.  I find myself having the "fuck its" lately.  I see a lot of caving around, I see a lot of people who want to make up their own rules about quit, about what is acceptable and what is not.  As I sit here this morning getting ready for a very stressful day, I contemplate buying a can for the drive ahead.........WTF right!?! Where the hell does this come in???? "Ahhh, but I would be able to relax, help ease the tension".........Then I hear LOOT (fer fucks sake) in my brain, as if some form of deity speaking from the skies....."Hey numnuts......what do you think that is gunna solve? LOOT wouldn't follow those that jump off bridges.....thats just dumb." followed by every quitter I know here saying the same type of things.  My sext group would hamstring, castrate and light my ass on fire (and not in a phlaming way either).  So, I choose to put on my big boy pants and deal, without dip, the way a man should.  Whats happening? Well, to start off, I have been off for a week now with my truck down, you may have heard the running jokes about my tranny,  but it has been a major issue and a major stress point.  I got word that all was gunna be ok on thur and had a sigh of relief.  So, the wife and I decide to make the best of our time and take the kids to 6 flags since we just saved a ton of money on the tranny.  My son and I got off a coaster as people were saying something about someone falling off.  My son is 9 and didnt want him to see anything too bad, so not knowing what had really happened, I rushed him down the ramp away from everything so he didnt get too freaked out. Turns out the car behind us (the one still on the track) had thrown a passenger and she died.  We didnt find out until 2 hrs later when trying to get back in the same area when a lady from the park came up and described in great detail (in front of the kids) about what happened and how she died (graphically).  Just fucking great!! You could see the trauma on my sons face as he realized it was the ride we were on.  I dont know why, but this shook me up pretty good. It was a look at mortality and how fragile it is.  I could ramble all day about it but I wont.  I have no idea why it is still haunting me this morning, I have seen worse in wrecks on the road, but for some reason, this one I cant just shake off. Its weird.  Well, yesterday I get a call from my mechanic and he tells me that there is now another problem with the transmission (clarified for wedges sake) and there will be more of a delay today.  I have to get down there (4 hrs away) to make sure this shit is gunna get done today because I am out of time and money to be sitting on my ass.  Life sucks.  It throws us so much at one time.  It piles up.  It feels unassailable at times and thats what it feels like for me today.  I have to be honest with everyone and say, yes, I would like to have a dip today, but I wont, I promised, I dont think it will be an easy promise to keep today, but I will.  Just because I have all of you jackasses in my head cheering me on in quit and in life.  I wanna say "fuck you all" (thank you) in the most sincerest fashion.
Roam- 457
Seriously I saw that on the news and wondered if one of my dip brothers were there.

Roam nice words and thoughts for me to chew on. Keep on quitting. The cycle is if we all stay quit, we are on the verge of a recovery breakthrough.

So enjoy the shitty feeling today. You will have a better grasp on how great is feels soon.

I am on a long drive to nashville TN. August 8-10th. I think Its my turn to buy the steak dinner.

Bring the Tranny. I'm driving my son to school. You could meet my son and the Mrs.
Roam-

Thank you for the inspiration to stay quit. Posts like this help swing the group mentality to where it should be- posting role call and remaining nicotine free.
Damn Roam,

That is intense brother. Hey your promise to us a enough to stay quit, and us in your head saying things like "it won't help" you won't feel better" is a good reason too. But at the end of the day remember you quit for you. You don't want a dip, your addiction does. You want to be quit and went thru hell to get there. You owe us your word, but you owe you your quit! I quit with you!
I will stand side-by-side, with Roam, his tranny, and his big boy pants all day, every day. You got this today. See you on roll tomorrow.
ah man. I wanted the tranny

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »
Damn proud to be quit with you today Roam!
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
Roam- 457

Roam-

Damn Roam,

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
Roam- 457

Roam-

Damn Roam,

I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
Roam- 457

Roam-

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
Are caves infectious?.......I am starting to think so.........you know, the group mentality thing. I find myself having the "fuck its" lately. I see a lot of caving around, I see a lot of people who want to make up their own rules about quit, about what is acceptable and what is not. As I sit here this morning getting ready for a very stressful day, I contemplate buying a can for the drive ahead.........WTF right!?! Where the hell does this come in???? "Ahhh, but I would be able to relax, help ease the tension".........Then I hear LOOT (fer fucks sake) in my brain, as if some form of deity speaking from the skies....."Hey numnuts......what do you think that is gunna solve? LOOT wouldn't follow those that jump off bridges.....thats just dumb." followed by every quitter I know here saying the same type of things. My sext group would hamstring, castrate and light my ass on fire (and not in a phlaming way either). So, I choose to put on my big boy pants and deal, without dip, the way a man should. Whats happening? Well, to start off, I have been off for a week now with my truck down, you may have heard the running jokes about my tranny, but it has been a major issue and a major stress point. I got word that all was gunna be ok on thur and had a sigh of relief. So, the wife and I decide to make the best of our time and take the kids to 6 flags since we just saved a ton of money on the tranny. My son and I got off a coaster as people were saying something about someone falling off. My son is 9 and didnt want him to see anything too bad, so not knowing what had really happened, I rushed him down the ramp away from everything so he didnt get too freaked out. Turns out the car behind us (the one still on the track) had thrown a passenger and she died. We didnt find out until 2 hrs later when trying to get back in the same area when a lady from the park came up and described in great detail (in front of the kids) about what happened and how she died (graphically). Just fucking great!! You could see the trauma on my sons face as he realized it was the ride we were on. I dont know why, but this shook me up pretty good. It was a look at mortality and how fragile it is. I could ramble all day about it but I wont. I have no idea why it is still haunting me this morning, I have seen worse in wrecks on the road, but for some reason, this one I cant just shake off. Its weird. Well, yesterday I get a call from my mechanic and he tells me that there is now another problem with the transmission (clarified for wedges sake) and there will be more of a delay today. I have to get down there (4 hrs away) to make sure this shit is gunna get done today because I am out of time and money to be sitting on my ass. Life sucks. It throws us so much at one time. It piles up. It feels unassailable at times and thats what it feels like for me today. I have to be honest with everyone and say, yes, I would like to have a dip today, but I wont, I promised, I dont think it will be an easy promise to keep today, but I will. Just because I have all of you jackasses in my head cheering me on in quit and in life. I wanna say "fuck you all" (thank you) in the most sincerest fashion.
Roam- 457

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
Are caves infectious?.......I am starting to think so.........you know, the group mentality thing. I find myself having the "fuck its" lately. I see a lot of caving around, I see a lot of people who want to make up their own rules about quit, about what is acceptable and what is not. As I sit here this morning getting ready for a very stressful day, I contemplate buying a can for the drive ahead.........WTF right!?! Where the hell does this come in???? "Ahhh, but I would be able to relax, help ease the tension".........Then I hear LOOT (fer fucks sake) in my brain, as if some form of deity speaking from the skies....."Hey numnuts......what do you think that is gunna solve? LOOT wouldn't follow those that jump off bridges.....thats just dumb." followed by every quitter I know here saying the same type of things. My sext group would hamstring, castrate and light my ass on fire (and not in a phlaming way either). So, I choose to put on my big boy pants and deal, without dip, the way a man should. Whats happening? Well, to start off, I have been off for a week now with my truck down, you may have heard the running jokes about my tranny, but it has been a major issue and a major stress point. I got word that all was gunna be ok on thur and had a sigh of relief. So, the wife and I decide to make the best of our time and take the kids to 6 flags since we just saved a ton of money on the tranny. My son and I got off a coaster as people were saying something about someone falling off. My son is 9 and didnt want him to see anything too bad, so not knowing what had really happened, I rushed him down the ramp away from everything so he didnt get too freaked out. Turns out the car behind us (the one still on the track) had thrown a passenger and she died. We didnt find out until 2 hrs later when trying to get back in the same area when a lady from the park came up and described in great detail (in front of the kids) about what happened and how she died (graphically). Just fucking great!! You could see the trauma on my sons face as he realized it was the ride we were on. I dont know why, but this shook me up pretty good. It was a look at mortality and how fragile it is. I could ramble all day about it but I wont. I have no idea why it is still haunting me this morning, I have seen worse in wrecks on the road, but for some reason, this one I cant just shake off. Its weird. Well, yesterday I get a call from my mechanic and he tells me that there is now another problem with the transmission (clarified for wedges sake) and there will be more of a delay today. I have to get down there (4 hrs away) to make sure this shit is gunna get done today because I am out of time and money to be sitting on my ass. Life sucks. It throws us so much at one time. It piles up. It feels unassailable at times and thats what it feels like for me today. I have to be honest with everyone and say, yes, I would like to have a dip today, but I wont, I promised, I dont think it will be an easy promise to keep today, but I will. Just because I have all of you jackasses in my head cheering me on in quit and in life. I wanna say "fuck you all" (thank you) in the most sincerest fashion.
Roam- 457

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
Quote from: jhaenel23
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: CleanFuel
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: boelker62
Never be afraid to reach out.  Yesterday I found myself hyperventilating, I couldn't breathe, I was in a full on panic/anxiety attack.  It was hour by hour.  I wanted the can, I wanted the comfort.  But you see I developed a kick ass support group.  I texted my group feeling like a wuss.  I was honest with them, I didn't want to lose their support, I didn't want to lose thier friendship that we developed over my course of time here.  I never had an anxiety attack before where I couldn't breathe.  Its all work related, but nevertheless my crew came through in true KTC fashion.  Texts of support came pouring in all day and still continue today.  During the course of this, I found out I was not alone in my work situation and I was also not alone in wanting the can back to cope with it.  But I will NOT. And just knowing that I wasn't alone was a big lift for me, I reached out to that brother as well to connect. Its not easy finding new coping skills for these situations. No one promised me it would be.  Theres really nothing anyone can say or do to help my current situation, I just rely on God to carry me through this and I rely on all of you to walk with me in my quit.  Thanks for all the support.  It means a lot to me.  By myself, I am no one, I am nothing, I am weak.  But with all of you by my side, I am 10ft tall, bulletproof, and kick some major fucking ass!!!! If you're in need, if you're in trouble, REACH OUT!!! Its a two way street, use it, do not be afraid just because you don't know someone.  You will be amazed at how much you probably have in common with fellow quitters.

Roamcountry-282
Roam, I've been there too. I've been back and forth and up and down over my 155 days quit. I've been tested and tempted. Last night, as a matter of fact, was REALLY bad for me in the anxiety department. I was cognizant enough to not use, but I REALLY fucking wanted to. And that's only the second time in 155 days I had considered it. Where my mistake was, I should have turned right to the crew instead of just holding onto the tools in my back pocket, as in "Only In Case Of Emergency." I was wrong. My pledge got me through, but I should have turned right to the guys like you did. I applaud you and sympathize with you and what you are experiencing.

Dave
There is a major lesson here for all of us but especially newbies! 1st work on a good strong network of support and get their #'s so you can reach out when your hurting and they can contact you when they are. Roam is one bad ass quitter and has pulled and pushed me through many a night. Most of you would have a hard time believing the hours we spent on the phone talking or texting when everyone else was sleeping. 2nd we all have bad days, weeks and months but we can make it through 1 day and that's all anyone asks. 3rd we've all been pussies at times and probably will be again. But quitting is a very trying experience that can hurt like hell at times. With each victory we gain strength for even greater challenges ahead. 4th and most important for me Roam mentioned "I just rely on God to carry me through this." That reminds me of: Foot Prints in the Sand never underestimate the help from The Lord!
Thank You Roam! You reaching out helped me also. And my prayers are with you, especially Wednesday.
Roam....not sure if this is pure coincidence or not, but I had what I call my first anxiety attack last Monday. Also work related. Felt the room closing in on me. Stepped out of the meeting to get some fresh air - first thing I thought was "man, a big fatty of copenhagen would make this go away."

That was for 1 second as I had 300 days nic free coming up and my brothers to answer to.

Still nic free.

I had another one this week. Problem for me is work is going GREAT. We should trade numbers tho.

I have done some research on the topic. Not sure how old you are, but mid life has an impact and I have found this is completely normal - no matter how shitty.

Here is what I am doing now - if I feel it coming on, I just ask myself, "Am I in real danger?" answer is always no.....and then I breathe deep......

makes everything go away

check your inbox

CleanFuel
This is all some good shit right here, fellas. Must be something in the air as work has been messing with me too. Its odd that even though I have the tools and know I will be fine anxiety can still get to me. I start to think I'm going mental sometimes. I have to remind myself its nic that has done this to me. I chewed that shit for 15 years...gotta keep patient and beat it one day at a time. Fucking whore.
What CleanFuel said X 2. 'worship'
That is some great stuff right there! Man I love this Place!!!

'oh yeah'
See, thats what I'm talking about, you guys are kick ass! Clean, I am 9 months away from the big 4 oh. So that may have some merit there. Thanks brothers. You rock!!

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Never be afraid to reach out.  Yesterday I found myself hyperventilating, I couldn't breathe, I was in a full on panic/anxiety attack.  It was hour by hour.  I wanted the can, I wanted the comfort.  But you see I developed a kick ass support group.  I texted my group feeling like a wuss.  I was honest with them, I didn't want to lose their support, I didn't want to lose thier friendship that we developed over my course of time here.  I never had an anxiety attack before where I couldn't breathe.  Its all work related, but nevertheless my crew came through in true KTC fashion.  Texts of support came pouring in all day and still continue today.  During the course of this, I found out I was not alone in my work situation and I was also not alone in wanting the can back to cope with it.  But I will NOT. And just knowing that I wasn't alone was a big lift for me, I reached out to that brother as well to connect. Its not easy finding new coping skills for these situations. No one promised me it would be.  Theres really nothing anyone can say or do to help my current situation, I just rely on God to carry me through this and I rely on all of you to walk with me in my quit.  Thanks for all the support.  It means a lot to me.  By myself, I am no one, I am nothing, I am weak.  But with all of you by my side, I am 10ft tall, bulletproof, and kick some major fucking ass!!!! If you're in need, if you're in trouble, REACH OUT!!! Its a two way street, use it, do not be afraid just because you don't know someone.  You will be amazed at how much you probably have in common with fellow quitters.

Roamcountry-282
Roam, I've been there too. I've been back and forth and up and down over my 155 days quit. I've been tested and tempted. Last night, as a matter of fact, was REALLY bad for me in the anxiety department. I was cognizant enough to not use, but I REALLY fucking wanted to. And that's only the second time in 155 days I had considered it. Where my mistake was, I should have turned right to the crew instead of just holding onto the tools in my back pocket, as in "Only In Case Of Emergency." I was wrong. My pledge got me through, but I should have turned right to the guys like you did. I applaud you and sympathize with you and what you are experiencing.

Dave
There is a major lesson here for all of us but especially newbies! 1st work on a good strong network of support and get their #'s so you can reach out when your hurting and they can contact you when they are. Roam is one bad ass quitter and has pulled and pushed me through many a night. Most of you would have a hard time believing the hours we spent on the phone talking or texting when everyone else was sleeping. 2nd we all have bad days, weeks and months but we can make it through 1 day and that's all anyone asks. 3rd we've all been pussies at times and probably will be again. But quitting is a very trying experience that can hurt like hell at times. With each victory we gain strength for even greater challenges ahead. 4th and most important for me Roam mentioned "I just rely on God to carry me through this." That reminds me of: Foot Prints in the Sand never underestimate the help from The Lord!
Thank You Roam! You reaching out helped me also. And my prayers are with you, especially Wednesday.
Roam....not sure if this is pure coincidence or not, but I had what I call my first anxiety attack last Monday. Also work related. Felt the room closing in on me. Stepped out of the meeting to get some fresh air - first thing I thought was "man, a big fatty of copenhagen would make this go away."

That was for 1 second as I had 300 days nic free coming up and my brothers to answer to.

Still nic free.

I had another one this week. Problem for me is work is going GREAT. We should trade numbers tho.

I have done some research on the topic. Not sure how old you are, but mid life has an impact and I have found this is completely normal - no matter how shitty.

Here is what I am doing now - if I feel it coming on, I just ask myself, "Am I in real danger?" answer is always no.....and then I breathe deep......

makes everything go away

check your inbox

CleanFuel
This is all some good shit right here, fellas. Must be something in the air as work has been messing with me too. Its odd that even though I have the tools and know I will be fine anxiety can still get to me. I start to think I'm going mental sometimes. I have to remind myself its nic that has done this to me. I chewed that shit for 15 years...gotta keep patient and beat it one day at a time. Fucking whore.
That is some great stuff right there! Man I love this Place!!!

'oh yeah'
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 06:50:00 AM »

Roamcountry-282

Dave

Still nic free.

makes everything go away

check your inbox

CleanFuel
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »

Roamcountry-282

Dave

Still nic free.

makes everything go away

check your inbox

CleanFuel
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 11:15:00 PM »

Roamcountry-282

Dave

Still nic free.

makes everything go away

check your inbox

CleanFuel
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 01:19:00 AM »

Roamcountry-282

Dave
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Boelker62

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 8/27/12
  • Interests: CrossFit. Period. Started July 2013, now coaching as of May 2015. Love every fucking minute of it.Running, trail running specifically.World-class craft beers every once in a while.Spending time with my beautiful wife, Erin, and my wonderful Pit Bull Julia, remembering the wonderful 3 years we had and gave to our old man Pit, Monty, dealing with our high energy little fucker of a pocket pittie, Danny, aka #wildmandan.Philadelphia Eagles/Phillies/Flyers.That's about it.
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
Never be afraid to reach out. Yesterday I found myself hyperventilating, I couldn't breathe, I was in a full on panic/anxiety attack. It was hour by hour. I wanted the can, I wanted the comfort. But you see I developed a kick ass support group. I texted my group feeling like a wuss. I was honest with them, I didn't want to lose their support, I didn't want to lose thier friendship that we developed over my course of time here. I never had an anxiety attack before where I couldn't breathe. Its all work related, but nevertheless my crew came through in true KTC fashion. Texts of support came pouring in all day and still continue today. During the course of this, I found out I was not alone in my work situation and I was also not alone in wanting the can back to cope with it. But I will NOT. And just knowing that I wasn't alone was a big lift for me, I reached out to that brother as well to connect. Its not easy finding new coping skills for these situations. No one promised me it would be. Theres really nothing anyone can say or do to help my current situation, I just rely on God to carry me through this and I rely on all of you to walk with me in my quit. Thanks for all the support. It means a lot to me. By myself, I am no one, I am nothing, I am weak. But with all of you by my side, I am 10ft tall, bulletproof, and kick some major fucking ass!!!! If you're in need, if you're in trouble, REACH OUT!!! Its a two way street, use it, do not be afraid just because you don't know someone. You will be amazed at how much you probably have in common with fellow quitters.

Roamcountry-282

Dave