Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Boelker62

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 8/27/12
  • Interests: CrossFit. Period. Started July 2013, now coaching as of May 2015. Love every fucking minute of it.Running, trail running specifically.World-class craft beers every once in a while.Spending time with my beautiful wife, Erin, and my wonderful Pit Bull Julia, remembering the wonderful 3 years we had and gave to our old man Pit, Monty, dealing with our high energy little fucker of a pocket pittie, Danny, aka #wildmandan.Philadelphia Eagles/Phillies/Flyers.That's about it.
  • Likes Given: 140
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Quote from: cmweddle
Hello everyone, I'm Clint and new to this site.  I began dipping when I first joined the military 15 years ago.  I first decided to quit about a year ago.  This then I have failed repeatedly.  I've decided to join this site to renew my struggle.  I currently live in Germany and am recently married with our first child on the way!  I know I could definately use the support, since my wife really doesn't understand.  Every relapse starts WW3 and ends on me not REALLY wanting to quit and how I can't be trusted.  So I hope I can find some compatriots here.  Thanks all.
Hey Clint, I'm here for you too. We all are. This site is only as good as what you make of it. Some pieces of advice. Read. Read. Read. Reach out to guys. Make the most of the tools. Have her read this: Spousal Support.

PM me with any questions you may have.

Dave

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Quote from: cmweddle
Hello everyone, I'm Clint and new to this site. I began dipping when I first joined the military 15 years ago. I first decided to quit about a year ago. This then I have failed repeatedly. I've decided to join this site to renew my struggle. I currently live in Germany and am recently married with our first child on the way! I know I could definately use the support, since my wife really doesn't understand. Every relapse starts WW3 and ends on me not REALLY wanting to quit and how I can't be trusted. So I hope I can find some compatriots here. Thanks all.
Clint,

Go to Welcome Center (pink Button) at the top of the page. That will get you started and help explaiin what we do and why we do it!!

Reach out to me if you need anything!

J
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline cmweddle

• www.facebook.com
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Clint and new to this site. I began dipping when I first joined the military 15 years ago. I first decided to quit about a year ago. This then I have failed repeatedly. I've decided to join this site to renew my struggle. I currently live in Germany and am recently married with our first child on the way! I know I could definately use the support, since my wife really doesn't understand. Every relapse starts WW3 and ends on me not REALLY wanting to quit and how I can't be trusted. So I hope I can find some compatriots here. Thanks all.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Roamcountry
Never be afraid to reach out. Yesterday I found myself hyperventilating, I couldn't breathe, I was in a full on panic/anxiety attack. It was hour by hour. I wanted the can, I wanted the comfort. But you see I developed a kick ass support group. I texted my group feeling like a wuss. I was honest with them, I didn't want to lose their support, I didn't want to lose thier friendship that we developed over my course of time here. I never had an anxiety attack before where I couldn't breathe. Its all work related, but nevertheless my crew came through in true KTC fashion. Texts of support came pouring in all day and still continue today. During the course of this, I found out I was not alone in my work situation and I was also not alone in wanting the can back to cope with it. But I will NOT. And just knowing that I wasn't alone was a big lift for me, I reached out to that brother as well to connect. Its not easy finding new coping skills for these situations. No one promised me it would be. Theres really nothing anyone can say or do to help my current situation, I just rely on God to carry me through this and I rely on all of you to walk with me in my quit. Thanks for all the support. It means a lot to me. By myself, I am no one, I am nothing, I am weak. But with all of you by my side, I am 10ft tall, bulletproof, and kick some major fucking ass!!!! If you're in need, if you're in trouble, REACH OUT!!! Its a two way street, use it, do not be afraid just because you don't know someone. You will be amazed at how much you probably have in common with fellow quitters.

Roamcountry-282
No way you should feel like a wuss. A wuss doesn't reach out. A wuss doesn't open up. A wuss doesn't realize they're in trouble and needs help.

A wuss shuts down. A wuss turns his back on those whilo care about him. A wuss caves.

Ive been there with the anxiety attacks. It freaks you out and makes you think some fucked up shit. Way to be strong and keep your head.

Life's tough, it can take some shots at your balls. When you've been posioning yourself for years to dodge the kicks, its gonna take some time to learn how to dodge those fuckers other ways. Apparently even more than a couple floors, maybe a couple years.

Don't feel weak....feel strong. You used your tools to beat the bitch as she wad swinging her boot at your junk.

282-0. That's some manly shit right there bro. The roads not always smooth but you're keeping it between the lines, and that shit out your mouth. Well done s!ir!!

Proud to be quit with you!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
Never be afraid to reach out. Yesterday I found myself hyperventilating, I couldn't breathe, I was in a full on panic/anxiety attack. It was hour by hour. I wanted the can, I wanted the comfort. But you see I developed a kick ass support group. I texted my group feeling like a wuss. I was honest with them, I didn't want to lose their support, I didn't want to lose thier friendship that we developed over my course of time here. I never had an anxiety attack before where I couldn't breathe. Its all work related, but nevertheless my crew came through in true KTC fashion. Texts of support came pouring in all day and still continue today. During the course of this, I found out I was not alone in my work situation and I was also not alone in wanting the can back to cope with it. But I will NOT. And just knowing that I wasn't alone was a big lift for me, I reached out to that brother as well to connect. Its not easy finding new coping skills for these situations. No one promised me it would be. Theres really nothing anyone can say or do to help my current situation, I just rely on God to carry me through this and I rely on all of you to walk with me in my quit. Thanks for all the support. It means a lot to me. By myself, I am no one, I am nothing, I am weak. But with all of you by my side, I am 10ft tall, bulletproof, and kick some major fucking ass!!!! If you're in need, if you're in trouble, REACH OUT!!! Its a two way street, use it, do not be afraid just because you don't know someone. You will be amazed at how much you probably have in common with fellow quitters.

Roamcountry-282
proud of you. and thank you for shareing that with us praying with you on the work situation. quit with you today.
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »

Roamcountry-282

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
There are many cycles that happen on this site and have come to realize there is a cycle off the site as well.  When people leave I still reach out to them from time to time, often met with the same response. A cave. When asked why they were not posting, the biggest reason given is that they wind up spending hours on the site instead of just a minute or two posting roll.

I ask this: If it works and keeps you clean, then why leave?  I accept this time commitment as part of my new life without dip. It works. It keeps me clean. I am too weak to stand on my own. Maybe someday I can, but for now, I need this.  Thank you all for being here. 

Roamcountry-259
I'm with you Roamy! Life is nothing but a big cycle, I've added a daily commitment to part of my routine in order to break the old cycle that included poison! Remember also those that cave made a decision. Breaking that cycle of using is difficult we all know that. A caver said he didn't want to tell us he had caved because he didn't want to hurt our quit! Just the opposite happens or should happen! Early in our quit a cave can be frightening but now they strengthen my resolve and I believe they do yours also. Now lets kick some nic ass today!
Exactly WT!! I am pissed as all get out at what the bitch did to that guy and others that I know that want to hide behind a ninja cave! FUCK THAT BITCH AND KICK HER MUTHER FUCKING TEETH IN BEFORE SHE DOES IT TO YOU!!!!!!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
There are many cycles that happen on this site and have come to realize there is a cycle off the site as well. When people leave I still reach out to them from time to time, often met with the same response. A cave. When asked why they were not posting, the biggest reason given is that they wind up spending hours on the site instead of just a minute or two posting roll.

I ask this: If it works and keeps you clean, then why leave? I accept this time commitment as part of my new life without dip. It works. It keeps me clean. I am too weak to stand on my own. Maybe someday I can, but for now, I need this. Thank you all for being here.

Roamcountry-259
I'm with you Roamy! Life is nothing but a big cycle, I've added a daily commitment to part of my routine in order to break the old cycle that included poison! Remember also those that cave made a decision. Breaking that cycle of using is difficult we all know that. A caver said he didn't want to tell us he had caved because he didn't want to hurt our quit! Just the opposite happens or should happen! Early in our quit a cave can be frightening but now they strengthen my resolve and I believe they do yours also. Now lets kick some nic ass today!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
There are many cycles that happen on this site and have come to realize there is a cycle off the site as well. When people leave I still reach out to them from time to time, often met with the same response. A cave. When asked why they were not posting, the biggest reason given is that they wind up spending hours on the site instead of just a minute or two posting roll.

I ask this: If it works and keeps you clean, then why leave? I accept this time commitment as part of my new life without dip. It works. It keeps me clean. I am too weak to stand on my own. Maybe someday I can, but for now, I need this. Thank you all for being here.

Roamcountry-259

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
It's a good day to be quit.....
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 05:32:00 AM »
Day 229

You ever want to stick your head in the sand? I do. As an addict, we do what addicts do and fall back on addict behavior from time to time. I had a JM moment this week that woke me up to this fact. You know where jerry mcguire gets all passionate and writes up a memo and sends it out to everybody, only to wake up the next morning going oh fuck and runs down to retract it all? In doing such a thing I realized I was in a funk and was calling out for help. In the last 24 hrs I have gone through a whole range of emotions from a-z with the last being a crockett-style screamfest to my text group...sorry guys...nah, FU 'winker' But that is what caught me up short and woke me up to realize that I was fighting the routine. The never ending battle of the addict nature. What is different for me now is that without chemicals flowing through my grey matter up in the skull is that the process is much faster than when I first quit. Fortunately, this is a place where there are people without a lot of judgement and accept you for who you are, regardless of differences of opinions, faults and whacked behavior. I came to KTC with a whole toolbox full of information on addiction that I spent a lot of money on in counseling. I already had what I needed to fight addiction at its core. I could write a novel and lay out a perfect map of what that is all about, but I am not going to, its all here already. Its everywhere on this site. You gotta want it enough to do your own homework. What I did lack when I came here is the people that I needed to help keep me accountable. I am mobile so this is a perfect venue for me to be a part of. For that, I am eternally grateful. I have developed personal and REAL accountability with folks here. Some can come and go, some get more involved than others, some are quiet, and some are more outspoken. I see the same patterns over and over again the longer I am here. Someone calls someone out, thier friends dogpile the person that does the calling, fu's are exchanged, a drama ensues, wisdom is spewed all over the place, justifications arise, and lessons are learned. In all of this some newcomers cry foul and say it is distracting from quitting while others like to watch the entertainment and say it helps keep them distracted from nic. Meanwhile there are those who are quiet and just sit back taking notes and learning in their own way.
I gave up control for a brief moment. I allowed myself to let my work situation spiral me down a rabbit hole and fell back on default mode in the ole noggin which is what led to my situation. On top of which I grabbed a savior complex in the middle somewhere. Screwing up is part of learning, part of progress. This is not me being hard on myself, this is me being honest with myself. Personal fortitude to do so is something that I have learned in the last 3 years. Its what helps make me a better person. We are all addicts. Some react to situations differently than others. When I came here, I made a pact with myself to be myself. As you see me here, so I am in person. True conquering requires integrity to maintain true identity. I see a lot of this around here.(despite the ghey jokes and banter in chat) I see a flake from time to time, but for the most part, people here are genuine. THAT is what makes this place special.
Thanks for letting me in the nuthouse......quit on!!!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
Matt continue to read everything you can I is informative but it also takes your mind off the craving. I was going to mention to you earlier to check out the nicotine free alternatives, I've tried some. Others prefer to not use them. I find that they do help with the oral fixation. Breaking the habit of having something in my mouth all the time is almost as bad as the detox for me. I just about rubbed the end of my tongue off and kept biting my the inside of my mouth. You can do it just remember 1 day at a time.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
Thanks for all the encouragement, I am really liking this page, great people, sincere people, thank you very much! Having first serious temptations but staying strong and staying quit this time for good!! .....hanging with the best of yous...
Making quitting fun helps the quit. Read, quit, enjoy, help.

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
Thanks for all the encouragement, I am really liking this page, great people, sincere people, thank you very much! Having first serious temptations but staying strong and staying quit this time for good!! .....hanging with the best of yous...

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: Aglawyer
Quote from: Ready
I understand.

I dipped for about 24 years.  I quit ever day for the past one thousand five hundred and thirty four days.  That's a little over four years ago.

Felt like I was losing my best friend at first.  Felt like I was cutting off my arm.  It will be hell for the first week or so.  It gets better.

I have not had a crave in a very very long time.

You have no idea how much better your quality of life can be.

All you need to do to find out is give your word ever day first thing.

The  keep your word, whatever it takes.

Burn your boat, you don't need it any longer.
+1 on that, Roamcountry.

I dipped for 21 years, can a day, and stumbled across this place 271 days ago. Getting involved and embracing the principles here was the best thing I ever did. I don't have all the days Ready has but one not too far from you, I can attest that it gets way better and fast. I haven't had one of those craves in a long time either.

Shout if you need anything.
Welcome RC! I know you can do this. I dipped for 33 years, but quit 437 days ago thanks to this site and it's members. There will come a point in your quit that you will suddenly realize that you are FREE. It is a feeling that is beyond compare.

There is not a question on my mind that you CAN do this. If I can, so can you.

Post Roll

Honor Your Promise

Repeat.

The formula for success...
This place works. It works simply. One day at a time friend.