Author Topic: Upper Lippin'  (Read 4241 times)

Offline TwoScoreAndTwoUser

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Upper Lippin'
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
Believe me, that IS what I intend to do. Now, if one looks on the internet, the government and manufacturers of PG say that it is safe, but how far do YOU trust our government?

PG Keeps the product MOIST. I remember looking for dates on products (Copenhagen) to see if it was fresh. Manufacture dates, not some made up expiration date. The product should be manufactured based on demand, not pumped full of ANTI-FREEZE so that it can be warehoused for dozens of months.

Oh well, it DID seem too good to be true. Went to a local tobacco store, bought Smokey Mountain. Liked it. It worked. Now, gotta dump it. All because someone figured out that there's more profit if the product stays moist for years on end! Asses!
Support our Marines (and all our servicemen) REGARDLESS and IRRESPECTIVE... our B-hole politicians don't

I can roof my barn. I can integrate x/2. I can make non-dense 100% whole wheat honey bread. I can maneuver a 900 lb. 113 Cu. In. Cycle through twisties. I can make children laugh. I can also remain quit... ad infinitum!

We are the few, the proud, the knights who say NI to NI-co-tine!

I AM a non-tobacco chewer/user

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
syndrome

If you do not like the ingredient in Smokey Mountain, perhaps you would find hooch more to your liking.

Hooch Snuff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Word to Those That Know More than the Vets

Imagine that you are standing in front of a minefield...on the other side of that minefield stands a soldier...not only has he walked that minefield safely, but he has guided thousands of others through that minefield safely as well.. He hails you from the other side and offers to guide you across safely...

do you:

a) tell him he is well meaning but really doesn't know shit about minefields

or

b.) shut  up and listen  to what he has to say, treading the path of thousands of others before you.

one way guarantees you safe passage, Why tread a new path?

drink the kool aid...drink long. drink deep.

Don't be a casualty.

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
OK, I'll bite... who (or what) is syndrome?

Nope... I'll never drink the Kool-Aid. I examine, assess, conjecture, test, reassess... you know, the ole scientific process.

For example, my local tobacco store carries the SMokey Mountain line of fake snuff. It has been a God send... helped me survive these 3 days so far.

BUT... looking around this web site, I read the contents of Smokey Mountain: Contains PROPYLENE GLYCOL!!!!! A KNOWN CARCINOGIN. Especially if ingested. WHAT THE FUCK Smokey Mountain People.!!!!! This makes the fact that they want to help you and charge you about $9 shipping (which was a BIG peeve of mine) pale in comparison.

So, 42 years of dippin. No mouth, lip, or stomach cancer, but maybe 6 months of the "Alternative" would do it? These people should be run out of business!!!

I should probably start a new thread to warn others about Smokey Mountain's poisonous alternative to nic-poison. Not everyone is going to delve into this UPPER LIPPIN thread.

OK... I admit that this rant MAY have been fueled a bit by ole gal Nicci nippin at my heels, but tell me fellas, vituperatives aside, am I wrong?

Your fellow addict, Paul
Support our Marines (and all our servicemen) REGARDLESS and IRRESPECTIVE... our B-hole politicians don't

I can roof my barn. I can integrate x/2. I can make non-dense 100% whole wheat honey bread. I can maneuver a 900 lb. 113 Cu. In. Cycle through twisties. I can make children laugh. I can also remain quit... ad infinitum!

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
I think this one needs to meet up with syndrome!

Welcome sir!

We is proud to have you very much.
spell check and big word thesaurus are two totally seperate animals.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
Quote from: DW3
Quote from: TwoScoreAndTwoUser
"Just because I said not to?"  A contrarian huh?  Nice to meet ya!  Your "Coat of Arms" kinda looks like that on the  Pennsylvania Flag, but  with stags instead of horses.  Too hard to see the details.  Did you create it?  What does it stand for?  And... what the heck is tuebor?

I assume by butterfly, you mean someone who flits in and out of the site, and therefore, by analogy/assumption, in and out of their commitment.

Just trying to clear some things up.  I find this site to be very busy (visually) and where to be/go to be very difficult to ascertain, not to mention the "requisite and proper" language to use (e.g., "try" is a verboten verb).

I know... I am sure that I will be told it's like a trial by fire through which one emerges stronger and more capable of weathering the inevitable vicissitudes which face those who choose to challenge the "nic-bitch."

Anyhow, thanks for chiming in.  Without communication, there is no relatedness.
Ill take a crack at why you have 2 wrongs. 1) special butterfly-your definition may in certain circles generate some good natured, but inevitably crude disagreements among the more experienced quitters. Yes one could presume that a butterfly would not be fully committed to their quit and maybe post as erratically as a butterfly flies. However, its more common interpretation is of one who insists on expressing their individuality with the apparent intention of representing themselves as superior to the tried and true process of KTC. Hence, the process is ignored because said butterfly has a better plan despite having failed to quit on their own for years to decades. Reality is the special butterfly is intentionally or subconsciously sabotaging their own quit by building a rationale to leave the site in dramatic starlet fashion so they can be with their can-o-cancer again. Pop over to April...butterfly on display.

2) Navigating the web site will build character-No. I'm pretty sure that its just lousy forum software. Kinda grows on you after a while though.

That's my guess but I could be wrong.
1 for 2

Offline DW3

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
"Just because I said not to?" A contrarian huh? Nice to meet ya! Your "Coat of Arms" kinda looks like that on the Pennsylvania Flag, but with stags instead of horses. Too hard to see the details. Did you create it? What does it stand for? And... what the heck is tuebor?

I assume by butterfly, you mean someone who flits in and out of the site, and therefore, by analogy/assumption, in and out of their commitment.

Just trying to clear some things up. I find this site to be very busy (visually) and where to be/go to be very difficult to ascertain, not to mention the "requisite and proper" language to use (e.g., "try" is a verboten verb).

I know... I am sure that I will be told it's like a trial by fire through which one emerges stronger and more capable of weathering the inevitable vicissitudes which face those who choose to challenge the "nic-bitch."

Anyhow, thanks for chiming in. Without communication, there is no relatedness.
Ill take a crack at why you have 2 wrongs. 1) special butterfly-your definition may in certain circles generate some good natured, but inevitably crude disagreements among the more experienced quitters. Yes one could presume that a butterfly would not be fully committed to their quit and maybe post as erratically as a butterfly flies. However, its more common interpretation is of one who insists on expressing their individuality with the apparent intention of representing themselves as superior to the tried and true process of KTC. Hence, the process is ignored because said butterfly has a better plan despite having failed to quit on their own for years to decades. Reality is the special butterfly is intentionally or subconsciously sabotaging their own quit by building a rationale to leave the site in dramatic starlet fashion so they can be with their can-o-cancer again. Pop over to April...butterfly on display.

2) Navigating the web site will build character-No. I'm pretty sure that its just lousy forum software. Kinda grows on you after a while though.

That's my guess but I could be wrong.
Grit and Quit ~ Timpy
Building a relentless, laser-sighted, chrome-plated, heat-seeking, cock-blocking, wolf pack of a quit (with curb feelers), one day at a time.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
I think this one needs to meet up with syndrome!

Welcome sir!

We is proud to have you very much.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
I may even stop quoting you.

May....as in maybe or might.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Wrong twice?  Impossible!  Once maybe, but I can't even figure out a once.  Please elucidate, kind sir.  I'll show you FANCY!!!!!
Now we're a gettin' somewheres! With a little more refinement, I might just take a shining to you.

Seriously, welcome....and don't be afraid to drink the kool-aid.

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
Wrong twice? Impossible! Once maybe, but I can't even figure out a once. Please elucidate, kind sir. I'll show you FANCY!!!!!

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
"Just because I said not to?" A contrarian huh? Nice to meet ya! Your "Coat of Arms" kinda looks like that on the Pennsylvania Flag, but with stags instead of horses. Too hard to see the details. Did you create it? What does it stand for? And... what the heck is tuebor?

Just trying to clear some things up. I find this site to be very busy (visually) and where to be/go to be very difficult to ascertain, not to mention the "requisite and proper" language to use (e.g., "try" is a verboten verb).

You sure talk fancy to be wrong at least twice in the above quote.....which I quoted.....for fun.

Welcome to the site, you show much promise.

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Read Bean's "500" thread.

That can be you. 500 days will come and go whether you are quit or not. If you're NOT quit you will wish you were. If you ARE quit you'll be a proud man ready to stay quit on day 501.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »
I'm glad to be quit with you today, Paul. 2 score and 2 is plenty long enough, wouldn't you say? Me? I'm a score and 5 and now 232 days into the freedom. You'll be amazed how nice it is to not think about your can; hiding it, do I have enough, etc. What a bunch of crap that was letting it control me. Tired of lying to yourself, feeling like a failure because you couldnt quit, being controlled? That's no way for a man to live! Be a man. Be a man and free yourself.

Are you man enough?

I'm quit with you!!

Leahy, day 232
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Quote from: redtrain14
As my handle states, I've been dipping for around 42 years.  Not sure exactly when I started, but I was in Boy Scouts and not driving yet, so that would put me around 13 or 14, about Two Score and Two years ago.

I'm one of the "stealth" chewers I've read posts from.  Many, many people did not know I chewed.  A LONG, LONG time ago, I learned that if I put in a small upper lip chew, most people had no idea I was chewing.  This worked SO WELL through school and work environments where tobacco was forbidden.

The only people who knew I was dippin' were those who dipped themselves, for they recognized the "STIFF UPPER LIP" conversations I would have.  Because of the need to be stealth, I learned to NOT SPIT, which is something that most of my dippin' buddies could not do, so... I felt SUPERIOR to them.  THEY WERE SISSIES and needed to walk around with a disgusting cup of brown, warm saliva!  I kept mine hidden... and believe me, touching the upper lip chaw with the tip of my tongue, pursing my lip to get a small "juicer" and chewing on those few grains I had gathered with my tongue... well, there was nothing better!  The only "down side" was the inevitable grains hiding in my teeth.  I learned to keep a few toothpicks around for cleanup before I talked to a teacher or supervisor.

Now, a few years ago, Camel SNUS came through the area, with TONS of free coupons.  WHAT A GREAT IDEA!  A packaged product meant to be used in the upper lip, but which left NO EVIDENCE when removed.

Prior to the new product, I was strictly a Cope man... the original cardboard can from the days when there was only one type of Cope to buy.  Now, I was hooked on something great tasting (Camel FROST), stealthy, which did not require dental floss or toothpicks.  I was able to dip 24 hours a day!

NOW, in the middle of all this, I DID know and understand that nicotine was not the most healthy of things to put in my mouth.  I had a few bouts of trying to quit and "successfully" replaced snuff with cigarettes a few times!!!!  Yeah!  But, I always returned to my ole oral friend.

Don't know why, but my mouth is lesion free and I had my innards looked at last year and no problem.  I am smart enough to know that this might not be the case forever, so I've been thinking about "quitting" again.  I went online and stumbled on the BACC OFF product line.  I called them, and they could not tell me where their product was sold!  So, I called a local tobacco store.  They carry the Smokey Mountain line of herbal snuff.

Well, Friday, the 20th, I bought ALL the flavors (well, almost all).  By Saturday, I had tried most of em... actually enjoyed em.  After dinner, I forwent the herbal and reached for the Camel Can.  After a half hour, I realized that, except for the nicotine zing, I was able to get the same thing from the Smokey Mountain product... an oral presence in my upper lip which I could "tongue" and get some nice tasting juice flowing down my throat!

I know that half the battle is the oral fixation part.  With the Smokey Mountain product, I think I've got that "licked" ...LOL...  Now I've got to make it past the first few days of Nic-Addick and train my brain that I don't NEED tobacco.  And I don't need it.  Flavored corn silk will do just fine.

Nice that this site exists and that everyone here is so supportive of each other.

If you reply to this, please delete the original message.  It REALLY bugs me that most of the threads I read have messages which always contain the original message and I can't turn that feature off (that I've found).  I know what I've read, thank you, and I'm able to discern what posts people are talking about when they reply.  Unnecessary replication of things is a personal pet peeve, and right now, pet peeves seem to enlarge from mice to elephants.

Not sure how to end this, because if I wish good luck, I'll be flamed, so maybe "May you have the least painful quit you can."  Seems so much more concise the former way!

Your fellow suffrin' addict.... Paul
Just because you said not to.....I don't really have anything to say.

Wait...I do.....

Don't be a butterfly.
Hi Paul.

Didn't read any of this.

We don't try.

We do.

Do.

Post roll

Keep your word.

Repeat.

Everything else is bullshite.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!