Author Topic: Intro  (Read 4532 times)

Offline flynniej15

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
Welcome to the show GB -

Be ready with some #'s cause she'll come for you - the head games are what used to get me .... but with KTC I am quit and accountable it has made all the difference

Post roll with the sept sluts

I quit with you today

I will PM you digits / keep on hand

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Quote from: gettinbreezy
You know the best part so far...coming home from work and being able the give my wife a kiss for the first time in...well..ever, because I did not have a lump of shit in my mouth when I walked through the door. Just finished dinner and shockingly I am not bashing my face against a wall wanting the ex-bitch that I kicked out last night at 11:58 pm.
Good stuff, only worry about getting to sleep tonight without any chew. Tomorrow is too far away. Right now, all your heart, soul and energy is into turning away from the call. You broke it off and the nic bitch will catch you. Just be ready.

If you wake up tomorrow, post roll and make that your most important activity when you start your day. Just like showering and brushing teeth, posting roll is just as important. Make the promise early and fight through the day.

Post roll, Post roll post roll.

It will get tough. Time to start getting support numbers from your group. PM people you think will strengthen your quit.

Fight through the day and only the day you are on. Don't try to pace your energy. You will always have enough energy to stay quit so never think about your next match or next day, focus only on today's bout.

You can do this without a loss. I challenge you to go undefeated in your daily matches. To do that, win today's match and worry about tomorrow's match when it gets here.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
You know the best part so far...coming home from work and being able the give my wife a kiss for the first time in...well..ever, because I did not have a lump of shit in my mouth when I walked through the door. Just finished dinner and shockingly I am not bashing my face against a wall wanting the ex-bitch that I kicked out last night at 11:58 pm.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
I see you posted roll Erick - good job! I quit with you today brother! Let me know if you need anything at all. Day 1 can be a rough ride but you CAN do this.
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
Congrats on a great choice, GB!!! Great intro...I cringed reading the comment about finding a place to spit while shopping. Did the same thing. Well, forget it now. That's the past. What's done is done. The only thing to focus on is living nic free today.

Click on the Welcome Center link above and start reading. The Tom  Jenny Kern Story was particularly motivating for me. Post roll and stay quit. PM me if you need a number or anything.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
Your intro sounds like you have your head in the right place. We have to be committed 100% to make this work. You have reached to point that I did. There was no enjoyment at all in dipping. It completely ruined every situation.

Fight through the suck, and remember how bad it is. That will help keep you quit. Reach out if you need anything.

Offline drock7

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
Welcome
Its rough and sucks at times but take it minute by minute day by day. It has ups and downs. Read then read some more. Its a process that takes time, just be patient and things will get better. Feel free to read my intro, im a total basket case at times, but remain QUIT for Today. You will have your moments too, and they are all worth it. Now get to QUITn and get to know more guys in our group.
pm any time

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I had my last dip last night at 11:53. All the cans and spitters are out of the house, the garage, the vehicle and any where else I may have had one stashed. I appreciate the support and am looking forward to taking this journey with ya'll.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »
Hey Erick, welcome to the site. I can definitely relate to all that - its strange how similar all dippers' stories are...

Have you quit yet? if not - dump all your cans into the toilet and flush. Dont throw non-empty cans in the garbage or you might be tempted to dig them out while suffering thru a craving.

My advice for the first several days/weeks is to load up on gum, seeds, jolly ranchers, and fake chew. Keeping your mouth constantly occupied will help you thru the oral fixation part of the addiction.

Learn how to "post roll" in the September 2013 group. Try to get to know some folks in your group and around the site, via this introduction thread, and also the Live Chat - its a great way to get to meet quitters, get phone numbers, and get advice from veterans. Its also a great distraction during tough moments.

The program is simple - you post roll in your group every single morning and promise not to use nicotine of any form for that whole day. no matter what.
Then you do the same thing the next day.
Quitting forever is tough - we dont do that here. We quit One Day At A Time, and thats plenty enough to deal with.

Again welcome, congrats on the decision to quit, and shoot me a private message (PM) if i can help in any way.

Rick
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Congratulations GB, You just made the best decision of your life (no exaggeration). Now read everything you can read here on the site. Know your enemy. Listen to the vets on this site. They've seen it all and been through most of it themselves. They are omniscient and omnipotent (exaggeration). This site, to me, is about community and forming a network of quit that can't be broken. It is very unique and for some reason it actually fucking works. PM me for my digits. Grind out the next few days and I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel.
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
Intro
« on: June 10, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »
My name is Erick and I am a dip-o-holic. 20 years I've been putting that shit in my mouth. A can a day for the last 10 years. This crap has CONTROLLED me for as long as I can remember. Everytime I would leave the house I would have to check all four of my pockets: Front left pocket=keys, front right pocket=cell phone, back right pocket =wallet and back left pocket =chew. If I forgot the keys, phone or wallet I could get over it. If I forgot my wintergreen fine-cut...whoa boy, day is ruined, stop at the nearest store because I just cant have fun without my chew.
Chewing made everything more enjoyable: horse shoes, camp fires, yard work, driving..you name it....well then I grew up and realized that it is actually aggravating that this is such a big part of my life. It doesnt make anything more enjoyable, it actually hinders it. Playin with the kids, talking with my wife, going into the store......make sure you have somewhere to spit!!! How annoying and childish is that?
The time is now. It is that simple. I have never been so determined to do something in my life and by the looks of this brotherhood, I am in good company.

It's time for the chew to get gone....for good.