Author Topic: Intro  (Read 4535 times)

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
Quote from: JRizzle
Breezy,

I've been having some similar symptoms, especially the pain in the throat one. Terrible. I've also had some chest pains and numbness in my cheeks. I don't think they're serious though, I think it's largely just the adjustment my body's going through.

PS FuFu I love the Dr. Spaceman reference!! He actually had one where they showed him in the 1950s encouraging pregnant women to smoke with the catchy hook:

Chattertons taste so cool and mild, a treat for you and your unborn child
"Couldn't you just inject something right into his heart?"
"I'd love to, but we have no way of knowing where the heart is. See, every human is different."

Ok, no more hijacky.
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
Breezy,

I've been having some similar symptoms, especially the pain in the throat one. Terrible. I've also had some chest pains and numbness in my cheeks. I don't think they're serious though, I think it's largely just the adjustment my body's going through.

PS FuFu I love the Dr. Spaceman reference!! He actually had one where they showed him in the 1950s encouraging pregnant women to smoke with the catchy hook:

Chattertons taste so cool and mild, a treat for you and your unborn child
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
Quote from: jayd41
Quote from: gettinbreezy
So is my body playing tricks on me? Now that I have kicked her to the curb, I have physical (mental?) symptoms that unfortunately are taking away from the enjoyment of my quit:
-a soreness in my throat, not always there but makes itself known ocasionally.
- a numbness in my cheeks, again not always there
- an occassional sharp pain in my shoulder
- an occasssional sharp pain in my elbow
- upperchest pain when I take deep breathes.

I am a hpochondriac to begin with but is this normal for your body and mind to adjust like this? I have been chewing for 20 of my 34 years on this Earth.....
Your body is going to do all kinds of crazy shit...if you are that worried about it go see your doctor...let him/her know what is going on and see
Sounds like advanced AIDS. Get a will together. But seriously, don't worry about it. The human mind is extremely powerful and sudden changes (like quitting nicotine) can cause imbalances which can manifest themselves as real, physical pains/annoyances. I remember about five years back I went to the doctor cuz I felt like my throat was closing up. Anxiety. A mental condition causing physical symptoms to occur. My throat WAS closing up at times! Got it taken care of and all is cool in FuFu Town these days, but there ya go. I chewed for 20 of my 35 years and nowadays I have so many random pains I don;t have time to worry about them all. And they all pass eventually. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about the occasional elbow/chest/shoulder pain. Course, I'm no doctor, so if it worries you get it checked out. Just don't go see Doctor Spaceman ("speh-cheh-mihn").
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
So is my body playing tricks on me? Now that I have kicked her to the curb, I have physical (mental?) symptoms that unfortunately are taking away from the enjoyment of my quit:

I am a hpochondriac to begin with but is this normal for your body and mind to adjust like this? I have been chewing for 20 of my 34 years on this Earth.....
Your body is going to do all kinds of crazy shit...if you are that worried about it go see your doctor...let him/her know what is going on and see
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
Glad to have you aboard bro. Apple and waste are speaking the truth. You been screwing your brain for quite sometime. It's going to be a minute.

The poison doesn't want to lose a valued customer. It likes getting paid everyday. It likes stealing days off your life. It likes controlling you. It hates the fact that you are taking back control. It will fight because it would absolutely love for you to come back.

It gets easier brother. One day you will kick yourself square in the but for being a total idiot for umpteen years. I quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
2 full days in the books. The fog is lifting. Still a TREMENDOUS problem with sleep last night. Don't know if if is anxiety or if is actual physical withdrawal but hot damn. Some real scary shit, but I trudge forward, looking forward to the day that sleep isn't so hard and I welcome the night time again. Cause right now I dread it.

I feel you bro! Sleep was a long time coming. For me it wasn't any particular ONE thing... It was everything. Anxiety, withdrawal, life change, physical/mental rewiring... Damn! Lot of stuff going on for you now. It may not feel like it but it's all good. Sleep has been my last big hurdle to feeling like I'm finally distancing myself from nic. I hope you turn around quicker there... Everyone is different! Until then... Don't be afraid to get some temporary help from something OTC or your doc. Lack of sleep will prolong your fog and seriously funk you out! Hang in there brother... You got this. Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
2 full days in the books. The fog is lifting. Still a TREMENDOUS problem with sleep last night. Don't know if if is anxiety or if is actual physical withdrawal but hot damn. Some real scary shit, but I trudge forward, looking forward to the day that sleep isn't so hard and I welcome the night time again. Cause right now I dread it.
It gets better.

Trust me.

Just give it time, and don't rush this. 2 days is freaking awesome, but it takes 3-7 days for that poison to work its way out of your system. I felt ok after 1, but day 2 left me punchdrunk.

But don't worry, because it does get better.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
I must say that this site has already helped tremendously. I usually had a date with the bitch every lunch break I have ever had but the last todays I have spent on this site just reading, trying to find someone that has experienced exactly what I am feeling and how it is that they coped (no pun intended) with it. I have "quit" hundreds of times before but this time around is different. I want it this time. In the past I felt I had to do it and I can even recall saying "I dont want to but I have to." This time around I want to. Thanks KTC and thank you all for quitting with me today. Ya'll definitely make it alot easier. The physical withdrawal symptoms are freaking me the fuck out but I hope to God that they will come to pass...chest pains, shortness of breath and the fact that I feel like my throat is closing up which makes me immediately think of throat C".

Offline Marcusaurelius

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »
Get support breezy and get into chat to kill idle time takes your mind off the other things.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 09:12:00 AM »
yeah you'll go through some pretty awful shit the first few days...i slept fine (i boozed it up a bit during those first three days) but during the day i felt like spiders were crawling under my skin...kinda nuts...but you will get through it. Drink lots of water! I also like to mix cranberry juice and orange juice and drink a shit load of that...(with a silver rum is nice too!) Don't fear the night...embrace it....you'll get through it fine.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 09:08:00 AM »
Wow. I cannot explain the hell I went through last night. Probably got about 2 total hours of sleep. Scared shitless too! Felt like my throat was closing up, felt like someone was sitting on my chest and kept waking up short of breath. Felt like I was having a heart attack. When I got up out of bed it was fine. Layed back down it would start up again. Very nerve racking. Now I have a fear of the night. Didnt even consider letting the bitch back in the door though so I am good on that end of things.
Your, body and brain will do weird things to you, while un-fucking your head. Remember this, so you never have to do it again.

Still QLF with you!

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »
Wow. I cannot explain the hell I went through last night. Probably got about 2 total hours of sleep. Scared shitless too! Felt like my throat was closing up, felt like someone was sitting on my chest and kept waking up short of breath. Felt like I was having a heart attack. When I got up out of bed it was fine. Layed back down it would start up again. Very nerve racking. Now I have a fear of the night. Didnt even consider letting the bitch back in the door though so I am good on that end of things.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 12:22:00 AM »
Awesome that you have began taking your life back. Keep up the good work. Let me know if you need anything. I am quit with you!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.