Author Topic: Intro  (Read 4533 times)

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
Passed the day 5, Friday night, Bud light test. Pretty interesting too as I didnt really know that beer had a taste.Just thought it tasted like the Skoal. Made it through a few beers with having some of the smokey mountain so it looks as if the fake is going to be a huge factor when I am putting a few back. Each day is gettin easier boys. Alright I am going to powerwash my grill and then coach a baseball game.

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
Breezy, cut your regular caffiene intake by 50%.

Nicotine counteracts caffeine.

http://www.killthecan.org/robs/cafnic.asp
Thanks pal. I will give it a shot. I am actually drinking more coffee (Tim Hortons is just as addicting as skoal) since I kicked the bitch out. I will give that a shot.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
Breezy, cut your regular caffiene intake by 50%.

Nicotine counteracts caffeine.

http://www.killthecan.org/robs/cafnic.asp
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
Not too shabby today. A little urge after lunch but went away rather quickly. Trouble sleeping again last night...same shit...woke up and couldnt breath. Not sure if it is REAL bad anxiety or something more. It is REAL bad when I lay down to sleep so I am leaning towards anxiety. I will give it a little mnore time before I hit the panic button (consciously atleast).

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
To weigh in on the fake dip issue: For me personally, I use it every now and again. At first I used it 2-3 time a day. But as it was sitting in my lip all I could think was, "what is the point of this again?". Like, there's no nicotine, so I'm (thankfully) not getting that... So then, why do I want a chopped up plant (herb, mint, whatever) in my lip? It was comforting at first to be able to get out a cup and spit guilt free, but at a certain point it was just like, I don't HAVE TO do this (like I did with the real shit), so why would I? Now I only use it when I get an acute unbearable crave (usually after 32 silver bullets). But even then, I spit it out within five minutes because the whole act just doesn't compute with me any more. I'll always have some on hand (you NEVER know), but my guess is that over the next year I'll go through maybe 2 cans total. So, I personally don't think it's anything to worry about. But, if you know yourself, and you feel it it's just going to serve as a dick tease, steer clear. The only wrong answer is the one involving nicotine ingestion.
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »
Yes it would Breezy. Smart man!! I personally haven't had an issue with the oral thing (that's what she said:)) as long as I have gum; the nicotine issue has been what has bothered me. Every quit is a little different. The bottom line is that a successful quit is one where no nic is taken. For some that could include the fake dip. For others that means nothing in the mouth at all (that's what she said:)) I'm proud to be quit with you today, brother, your heart is in the right place
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Don't take this wrong because everything 30yr said is 100% true and acceptable. Do what you need to do to keep yourself nic free. Period.

Now, for me, there is a flip side to the issue. I felt, and still feel, like you do. Part of my fight is the oral comfort/fixation of having that dip in. Fake is to close to the fire for me. My thought was that I needed to kill that as well. For me it was just too damn close to dipping and I needed to distance myself from the whole damn issue. I went totally cold turkey when I quit. No fake... Nothing in my lip period. My quit has been, perhaps, a little rougher because of that. I dunno. Right now... I'm loving that decision because even the thought of putting something in my lip seems asinine right now! Anyway... Just consider it man. Try totally cold turkey, see how it goes... It is NO failure to use the fake to put the craves in the trash! Whatever way you go... Know that you're rockin it bro. Proud of you!
I think that is my issue AJ, the fake is too close to the real. But I did open it up and have one. Didnt really enjoy it for a couple of reasons:
1. Kept feeling like I was throwing 3 days of nothing in the lip out the door
2. My lip and gums are starting (hopefully) to heal and the smokey mountain would just hinder that.
3. It felt too real and t0o close to what I am trying to stop.

That being said I will definitely keep it on hand for the moments that my friends and brother are over (5 of my close friends all chew and so does my brother) and we start putting a couple back. It wil be wise to have that crutch if needed.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: gettinbreezy
So my Smokey mountain arrived and I am feeling guilty about even cracking the seal on it. I feel like I would be cheating for some reason. Going on 4 days with nothing but seeds and sugar free gum (I am so sick of seeds right now) I truly feel like the biggest downfall would be to have a dip of the fake.....WTF...I have been waiting for this stuff to come in for the last 3 days and now that it is here I feel guilty. Kinda funny actually...
You could always set it aside.. however, in the war against nicotine, I am a believer in deploying any weapon necessary. It has no nicotine, therefore it is not cheating. I used fake for quite a while... you will lose interest after a while, if you are like most folks.

Keep up the good work.

Don't take this wrong because everything 30yr said is 100% true and acceptable. Do what you need to do to keep yourself nic free. Period.

Now, for me, there is a flip side to the issue. I felt, and still feel, like you do. Part of my fight is the oral comfort/fixation of having that dip in. Fake is to close to the fire for me. My thought was that I needed to kill that as well. For me it was just too damn close to dipping and I needed to distance myself from the whole damn issue. I went totally cold turkey when I quit. No fake... Nothing in my lip period. My quit has been, perhaps, a little rougher because of that. I dunno. Right now... I'm loving that decision because even the thought of putting something in my lip seems asinine right now! Anyway... Just consider it man. Try totally cold turkey, see how it goes... It is NO failure to use the fake to put the craves in the trash! Whatever way you go... Know that you're rockin it bro. Proud of you!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
So my Smokey mountain arrived and I am feeling guilty about even cracking the seal on it. I feel like I would be cheating for some reason. Going on 4 days with nothing but seeds and sugar free gum (I am so sick of seeds right now) I truly feel like the biggest downfall would be to have a dip of the fake.....WTF...I have been waiting for this stuff to come in for the last 3 days and now that it is here I feel guilty. Kinda funny actually...
You could always set it aside.. however, in the war against nicotine, I am a believer in deploying any weapon necessary. It has no nicotine, therefore it is not cheating. I used fake for quite a while... you will lose interest after a while, if you are like most folks.

Keep up the good work.
Either way don't beat yourself up about it bro. I used until 40s. Easily kicked it when i felt it was time. Important thing keep the real out. Quit with you brother.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »

Keep up the good work.

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
First full night of sleep since I kicked the bitch out. Feeling good this morning. The morning drive to work is no longer consumed with her thought and quite frankely it feels good to enjoy a cup of coffee on the way to work instead!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
FuFu
Nothing wrong with a hijack as long as its funny
JR
Misery loves company so i hate to say it but it makes me feel better that you are having these issues too
Srans
As usual, thanks for the reinforcement brother.

I am 2 hours away from the 3 day mark and I feel great in regards to having the itch for the bitch. A couple of minor craves but nothing drastic. The fog has lifted and was actually able to coach my kids baseball game tonight with complete focus. Fearing the night again due to the fact that the last two nights were literaly hell on earth but it has to change eventually right? Why not tonight? Heres to a full night sleep without waking up like I am suffocating or having a heart attack!
Good job. Keep bringing the quit 1 day at a time.

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
FuFu
Nothing wrong with a hijack as long as its funny
JR
Misery loves company so i hate to say it but it makes me feel better that you are having these issues too
Srans
As usual, thanks for the reinforcement brother.

I am 2 hours away from the 3 day mark and I feel great in regards to having the itch for the bitch. A couple of minor craves but nothing drastic. The fog has lifted and was actually able to coach my kids baseball game tonight with complete focus. Fearing the night again due to the fact that the last two nights were literaly hell on earth but it has to change eventually right? Why not tonight? Heres to a full night sleep without waking up like I am suffocating or having a heart attack!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »
So is my body playing tricks on me? Now that I have kicked her to the curb, I have physical (mental?) symptoms that unfortunately are taking away from the enjoyment of my quit:
-a soreness in my throat, not always there but makes itself known ocasionally.
- a numbness in my cheeks, again not always there
- an occassional sharp pain in my shoulder
- an occasssional sharp pain in my elbow
- upperchest pain when I take deep breathes.

I am a hpochondriac to begin with but is this normal for your body and mind to adjust like this? I have been chewing for 20 of my 34 years on this Earth.....
Welcome to the sight breezy. You didn't really think you was just going to walk away from the love of your life without a little get back do you? You don't just leave one of the most addictive drugs known to man without going through some discomfort. You've been screwing your brain, and body for umpteen years. The poison of your choice for all these years has been nicotine. ONe of the most addictive drugs known to man. Drop for drop more poisonous than arsenic, cobra venom and the list goes on.

Having a little discomfort in your throat, chest, head, legs,, whatever. Give it time brother. It takes time for the poison to leave. Then it takes time for the brain and body to heal. As it heals you will discover that life without the poison is so much better. It's amazing what we can do to ourselves and recover. I don't know that we ever recover 100 percent, but I choose freedom over slavery anyday. I quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.