Author Topic: Intro  (Read 4531 times)

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: gettinbreezy
Made it through my first round of golf yesterday Nic free. Needed one pinch of the hooch to get me by. A round of golf used to be "I better have atleast two cans of chew on me" (fucking pathetic) even turned down a cigar which is usually a staple when golfing. Felt pretty fucking good about myself after all was said and done...my score blew donkey dick but I stayed nic free!!
Darn right breezy. Go play gulf, what ever you want to do. You will find with time that you don't need the poison to have a good time.

I remember my first time fishing, which wasn't long ago. I love fishing. I was worried my first time fishing without my poison. I thought fishing and dipping were one in the same. Probably the same for you and gulf I bet.

We are idiots my friend. One has nothing to do with the other. Quit with you all day.
I have avoided fishing thus far. That is going to be the toughest of all the triggers. Going to climb that mountain this weekend though and I will survive it. I am too far into this quit to look back now. Actually looking forward to beating the fishing trigger becasue as I said, that is THE trigger that I have been most worried about since day one. Thanks for the support gents.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
Made it through my first round of golf yesterday Nic free. Needed one pinch of the hooch to get me by. A round of golf used to be "I better have atleast two cans of chew on me" (fucking pathetic) even turned down a cigar which is usually a staple when golfing. Felt pretty fucking good about myself after all was said and done...my score blew donkey dick but I stayed nic free!!
Darn right breezy. Go play gulf, what ever you want to do. You will find with time that you don't need the poison to have a good time.

I remember my first time fishing, which wasn't long ago. I love fishing. I was worried my first time fishing without my poison. I thought fishing and dipping were one in the same. Probably the same for you and gulf I bet.

We are idiots my friend. One has nothing to do with the other. Quit with you all day.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
What I've found is that my score blows donkey dick regardless of whether I chew during golf or not. And when I don't chew it means I get to hit on the beer cart girl without having a bunch of chew in my teeth. Think about all the activities that we thought required chew to be enjoyable. It was all BS. In a lot of cases chew actually became a distraction from the activity. And it required so much logistical planning (do I have a tin, do I have a spitter, can I get away to dip if need be?). All for a product that was absolutely, 100% killing us. And when you think about it being $5/can, well that's just adding insult to injury.

Glad to have you in the Sep quit group.
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2013, 08:27:00 AM »
Yesterday was much better than Sunday. I pushed through and got did what needed to be got done and whenever she was whispering sweet nothings in my ear I just ignored her like I do my wife when I want nothing to do with what she is yappin about 'Crazy' . It never ceases to amaze me what the power of this forum can do for ones psyche...kudos to KTC!
GB. I wanted to throw some more advice your way. If you haven't yet, it really helps to read all you can on nicotine and the affects it has on you. I usually say it like this. Learn your enemy. Learning your enemy is half the battle. I found it really helped me mentally when I knew what and why it was happening.

Your doing great man, stay the course. Everything gets much better. You just have to believe. I can't tell you when but I can promise it does. I quit with you brother.
I am going to piggy back on what Srans said...keep putting tools in your tool bag about your aggressor the more you know about your enemy the better off you will be. In the beginning you wont be able to fight her by yourself easily but you will develop enough power and knowledge to be able to pull the trigger when you cant hold her off alone, thats when you call us and we yes we will come running. Yep instead of reaching for slow death revolver your tin you reach for your phone and start dialing numbers that you should have by now. You dial like your life depended on it because it does...

Read Loots post in OCT group yesterday there was some good shit there brother.

PM if you need another number
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2013, 07:24:00 AM »
Thanks again Srans. I will definitely do some research. Art of War type shit.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
Yesterday was much better than Sunday. I pushed through and got did what needed to be got done and whenever she was whispering sweet nothings in my ear I just ignored her like I do my wife when I want nothing to do with what she is yappin about 'Crazy' . It never ceases to amaze me what the power of this forum can do for ones psyche...kudos to KTC!
GB. I wanted to throw some more advice your way. If you haven't yet, it really helps to read all you can on nicotine and the affects it has on you. I usually say it like this. Learn your enemy. Learning your enemy is half the battle. I found it really helped me mentally when I knew what and why it was happening.

Your doing great man, stay the course. Everything gets much better. You just have to believe. I can't tell you when but I can promise it does. I quit with you brother.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »

Offline Sage

• Quitter
  • Interests: My husband, my boys 15 yo and 12 yo, camping, boating, quilting
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2013, 03:37:00 AM »
That first month is a mother...and not in a good way. Hang in there. Read HOF speeches everynight and hit chat. You can do this. Srans know what he is talking about. The nic bitch is trying her seductive thing ...be smart. Remember to text friends...they are not there for emergencies but to support along the way. Remember...it does get better. You are fighting for your life right now and YOU are worth it. (Srans reminded me of that this week.)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 12:54:00 AM »
GB, srans had those same words for me about 2 weeks ago, and I pushed through to a better place. Use your anger when the nic bitch wispers. I have found that getting pissed helps smack the nic bitch down faster than a strong pimp hand!

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
Ahhhhhhh, the mental rollercoaster. Your in it now brother. To me the first 2, 3, 4 were the easiest. It's the mental part that can wear you slap out.

You are now making your way to a door that you must get through. This door will not be easy to Get to and open. You must push through. You will like what's on the other side my friend. Keep moving, don't give in.

This is where the poison is leaving the mind. Quitting comes from deep brother. Dig deep. It gets better. Make it to the door. I'm quit with you. [/QUOTE]
That is the type of advice that makes this forum worth sticking with. That type of support is exactly what has helped me make it though these two weeks. Thanks Srans

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
Day 14 is almost in the books. For some reason this as been the worst day so far. I havent had craves that are over bearing or anything like that but everytime I go to do something I think about having a dip and it immediately depresses me. This is the first that I have had this during my quit. I havent "enjoyed" anything today and I cannot motivate myself to do anything for the mere fact that I know I am going to want a dip with whatever I do. Again, it isnt an overbearing urge but its jus tsomething in my mind that keeps reminding me that "you used to loved having a dip when you did this" WHAT THE FUCK!!!! It's like someone is just playing mind games with me and the thing that pisses me off is that it is me, my conscience, that is playing the mind games.
On top of the mind games, if that isnt enough, I all of the sudden have a pain in my neck. I immediately think cancer. If I would have had this pain a year ago I would have chalked it up to a stiff neck and moved on.

Today put the "suck" in "The Suck"......
Ahhhhhhh, the mental rollercoaster. Your in it now brother. To me the first 2, 3, 4 were the easiest. It's the mental part that can wear you slap out.

You are now making your way to a door that you must get through. This door will not be easy to Get to and open. You must push through. You will like what's on the other side my friend. Keep moving, don't give in.

This is where the poison is leaving the mind. Quitting comes from deep brother. Dig deep. It gets better. Make it to the door. I'm quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
Day 14 is almost in the books. For some reason this as been the worst day so far. I havent had craves that are over bearing or anything like that but everytime I go to do something I think about having a dip and it immediately depresses me. This is the first that I have had this during my quit. I havent "enjoyed" anything today and I cannot motivate myself to do anything for the mere fact that I know I am going to want a dip with whatever I do. Again, it isnt an overbearing urge but its jus tsomething in my mind that keeps reminding me that "you used to loved having a dip when you did this" WHAT THE FUCK!!!! It's like someone is just playing mind games with me and the thing that pisses me off is that it is me, my conscience, that is playing the mind games.
On top of the mind games, if that isnt enough, I all of the sudden have a pain in my neck. I immediately think cancer. If I would have had this pain a year ago I would have chalked it up to a stiff neck and moved on.

Today put the "suck" in "The Suck"......

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Great moment yesterday at my sons baseball game...To pre-emept the story ,my assistant coach chews. So we are losing 15-1 in the second inning and it just isnt looking good. We rally a bit and we end up being down 20-12 in the bottom of the sixth. Our last chance. We get it to 20-16, two outs bases loaded. We rally to tie it up, just an insane 15 minutes of 7 year old baseball. During all the commotion my assistant coach looks at me and says "You picked a terrible time to quit chewing" (as he was running back from his truck after grabbing his tin). I looked him right in the eye and said, "There has never been a better time to quit chewin. I am actually enjoying this instead of worrying about gettin another pinch from my tin that is in my truck....." His response....."Well played"
Nice I echo "well played" you are getting it its fun to be nicotine free, not being a slave to the tin anymore missing the action to pack your lip... Just one thing why is the assistant coach dipping around 7yr olds. He wouldnt be allowed to smoke around them. Maybe the head coach should address that with his assisitant coach.
He never chews during the games. This was one of those games though! I would have packed a fatty if I was still a slave!! But I aint.....

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
Great moment yesterday at my sons baseball game...To pre-emept the story ,my assistant coach chews. So we are losing 15-1 in the second inning and it just isnt looking good. We rally a bit and we end up being down 20-12 in the bottom of the sixth. Our last chance. We get it to 20-16, two outs bases loaded. We rally to tie it up, just an insane 15 minutes of 7 year old baseball. During all the commotion my assistant coach looks at me and says "You picked a terrible time to quit chewing" (as he was running back from his truck after grabbing his tin). I looked him right in the eye and said, "There has never been a better time to quit chewin. I am actually enjoying this instead of worrying about gettin another pinch from my tin that is in my truck....." His response....."Well played"
Nice I echo "well played" you are getting it its fun to be nicotine free, not being a slave to the tin anymore missing the action to pack your lip... Just one thing why is the assistant coach dipping around 7yr olds. He wouldnt be allowed to smoke around them. Maybe the head coach should address that with his assisitant coach.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech