• Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: INTRO
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: rangy96
hittin a major funk.  went to an astros game last night, which i never do.  about 25 college kids all around us.  many dippers.  guy next to me opens up a can of copenhagen (new can) and pops in a dip in the top of the 1st.  I suddenly become acutely aware of many things.  I can smell every grain of tobacco in minute maid park, i notice every time sombody spits in a can.  I see the catcher pull his mask up and spit underneath it.  Craves are passing in waves through me.  I can see everyone who is dipping and I want a dip very, very badly.

Weird as shit.  I tell my wife, "Look, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, and that guy are all dipping."  She says "Your weird".  Then says, "You OK?" 

It passses and I am OK.  Still a friggin addict though. 

Still a junky ass friggin addict.  And still want a dip. 

fuck me. 

Not gonna do it though.  but feeling pretty sorry for myself today.
Way to fight through the triggers.
Amazing it's everywhere! Great job!
Some badass quit brother!!!

Way to stay strong and so you know your not a junkie you are a bad ass quiter of may who is beating the bitch back!!!!!!

Very proud of you brother!
nice quit rangy. That's good stuff. Thanks for the heads up (for my next trip to the park).
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
hittin a major funk. went to an astros game last night, which i never do. about 25 college kids all around us. many dippers. guy next to me opens up a can of copenhagen (new can) and pops in a dip in the top of the 1st. I suddenly become acutely aware of many things. I can smell every grain of tobacco in minute maid park, i notice every time sombody spits in a can. I see the catcher pull his mask up and spit underneath it. Craves are passing in waves through me. I can see everyone who is dipping and I want a dip very, very badly.

Weird as shit. I tell my wife, "Look, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, and that guy are all dipping." She says "Your weird". Then says, "You OK?"

It passses and I am OK. Still a friggin addict though.

Still a junky ass friggin addict. And still want a dip.

fuck me.

Not gonna do it though. but feeling pretty sorry for myself today.
Don't feel sorry for yourself, you are on the road to freedom. You should feel sorry for those poor stinky breath bastards that have a big ball and chain attached. Way to hang tough.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline GBPid

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
hittin a major funk. went to an astros game last night, which i never do. about 25 college kids all around us. many dippers. guy next to me opens up a can of copenhagen (new can) and pops in a dip in the top of the 1st. I suddenly become acutely aware of many things. I can smell every grain of tobacco in minute maid park, i notice every time sombody spits in a can. I see the catcher pull his mask up and spit underneath it. Craves are passing in waves through me. I can see everyone who is dipping and I want a dip very, very badly.

Weird as shit. I tell my wife, "Look, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, and that guy are all dipping." She says "Your weird". Then says, "You OK?"

fuck me.

And remember everyone of "those guys" you saw with a dip in is getting the same exact thing you got in return when you had a dip in. Nothing! Way to stay strong

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
hittin a major funk.  went to an astros game last night, which i never do.  about 25 college kids all around us.  many dippers.  guy next to me opens up a can of copenhagen (new can) and pops in a dip in the top of the 1st.  I suddenly become acutely aware of many things.  I can smell every grain of tobacco in minute maid park, i notice every time sombody spits in a can.  I see the catcher pull his mask up and spit underneath it.  Craves are passing in waves through me.  I can see everyone who is dipping and I want a dip very, very badly.

Weird as shit.  I tell my wife, "Look, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, that guy, and that guy are all dipping."  She says "Your weird".  Then says, "You OK?" 

fuck me. 

Some badass quit brother!!!

Way to stay strong and so you know your not a junkie you are a bad ass quiter of may who is beating the bitch back!!!!!!

Very proud of you brother!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »

fuck me. 

4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »

fuck me.

Offline rangy96

• Quitter
  • Interests: not dipping
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »

fuck me.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2012, 12:51:00 AM »
One of the greatest things about KTC is the encouragement.  I didn't reallly realize how devoid of encouragement my life was until a week or so ago.  I am not complaining as my wife is great, parents great, all good.  But, I am a parent now so it is my job to give encouragement, not get it.  My job is low on encouragement just because that is the way it is, nobody's fault.  So again, not complaining, just saying.

The kind words and encouragement I have received from you bunch of stangers has been very uplifting.  And it has taught me a lesson.  Encouraging words have more power than I ever realized.  They carried me through a quit.  Imagine what they can do for someone who is already good at something or someone who isn't embracing the suck.

So, to all of you, thanks.  And keep on kicking nicotine's ass, and life's ass.  Keep on doing the great job you are doing.

And pass it forward in the form of an atta boy.

Damn it's good to be quit with KTC.
I have had much the same feelings. In my case I believe I isolated myself in order to be in my fantasy world with nicotine. Often avoided opportunities to be with people who would have been there for me if they knew what I needed.

The thought of total strangers caring about each other like we experience here is so foreign to me that I am in awe daily. I have always tried to help my neighbors and friends, and have felt uplifted by so doing. But sharing and receiving this encouragement from strangers?? I feel like a member of a new family.

I also say thanks, Rangy your support and encouragement are greatly appreciated.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »
One of the greatest things about KTC is the encouragement. I didn't reallly realize how devoid of encouragement my life was until a week or so ago. I am not complaining as my wife is great, parents great, all good. But, I am a parent now so it is my job to give encouragement, not get it. My job is low on encouragement just because that is the way it is, nobody's fault. So again, not complaining, just saying.

The kind words and encouragement I have received from you bunch of stangers has been very uplifting. And it has taught me a lesson. Encouraging words have more power than I ever realized. They carried me through a quit. Imagine what they can do for someone who is already good at something or someone who isn't embracing the suck.

So, to all of you, thanks. And keep on kicking nicotine's ass, and life's ass. Keep on doing the great job you are doing.

Good stuff brother!

Stay awesome stay quit!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline rangy96

• Quitter
  • Interests: not dipping
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
One of the greatest things about KTC is the encouragement. I didn't reallly realize how devoid of encouragement my life was until a week or so ago. I am not complaining as my wife is great, parents great, all good. But, I am a parent now so it is my job to give encouragement, not get it. My job is low on encouragement just because that is the way it is, nobody's fault. So again, not complaining, just saying.

The kind words and encouragement I have received from you bunch of stangers has been very uplifting. And it has taught me a lesson. Encouraging words have more power than I ever realized. They carried me through a quit. Imagine what they can do for someone who is already good at something or someone who isn't embracing the suck.

So, to all of you, thanks. And keep on kicking nicotine's ass, and life's ass. Keep on doing the great job you are doing.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
Quote from: whsii
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: Gunner26
Day 92.  I can't even believe I am saying that.  That's three fucking months.  Never in my live did I think I would be able to say I haven't had a dip in 3 months.  This is fucking monumental.  This is like a giant pillar of quit piercing up out of the earth and towering over Everest.  And do you realize, if I keep doing this, there is no reason I won't be able to say I haven't had a dip in a year.  Good God Almighty yall.

Sorry, but I am completely overwhelmed by the power of KTC and one day at a time and today, I feel like sayin it.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Great stuff there!

I know exactly what our saying and its quite true.

Keep on quiting quiter you day is comming soon!
Excellent Rangy...nothing else to say but Excellent 'party'
Great post! Love to celebrate victories!!!
Those days sure add up. I have to double take sometimes when I look at my number that is closing on 300. KTC = genius. So the key is not forgetting that and continuing to embrace the principles every day. Small amount of effort to stay FREE.
Great post Rangy! I have had the same feeling many times. I just can't believe it sometimes.
Love those great days! Every day quit is great but sometimes it is just so great I refer to it as the intoxication of freedom, and I know that if nic users could just taste a little of it they would all quit in an instant there is nothing worth trading that feeling for!

Rangy you are turning into a monster a of quit, love watching you dominate this shit!
Nothing like a cool glass of Kool-Aid every morning.

Well Done!!!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
Quote from: whsii
Day 92.  I can't even believe I am saying that.  That's three fucking months.  Never in my live did I think I would be able to say I haven't had a dip in 3 months.  This is fucking monumental.  This is like a giant pillar of quit piercing up out of the earth and towering over Everest.  And do you realize, if I keep doing this, there is no reason I won't be able to say I haven't had a dip in a year.  Good God Almighty yall.

Sorry, but I am completely overwhelmed by the power of KTC and one day at a time and today, I feel like sayin it.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Great stuff there!

Those days sure add up. I have to double take sometimes when I look at my number that is closing on 300. KTC = genius. So the key is not forgetting that and continuing to embrace the principles every day. Small amount of effort to stay FREE.
Great post Rangy! I have had the same feeling many times. I just can't believe it sometimes.
Love those great days! Every day quit is great but sometimes it is just so great I refer to it as the intoxication of freedom, and I know that if nic users could just taste a little of it they would all quit in an instant there is nothing worth trading that feeling for!

Rangy you are turning into a monster a of quit, love watching you dominate this shit!

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »

'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Great stuff there!

Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »

'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Great stuff there!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »

'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Great stuff there!

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech