Author Topic: lonely road ahead  (Read 31617 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: lonely road ahead
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2016, 12:18:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Jerk11
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: pab1964
Hello all you guys and gals looking and thinking about quitting. Why would you want to continue taking a chance of killing yourself any longer? I dipped 38 year's and consider myself damn lucky to even be writing this! Have you ever stopped and looked up all the chemicals (poison) in dip? Take a minute and look it up, if that don't convince you then maybe you should go to work for the bomb squad because you are definitely flirting with death! Read the stories of how a 17 year old develops cancer after starting dip at age of 14, had scholarship to play baseball never got to live his dreams, had numerous surgeries got married (awful damn good woman to take on a disfigured man, don't mean that in an ugly way) had kids lived to be in his early 30's and died. Don't wait another minute, there's no reason not to quit. Please join, I'm living proof this place works, I've tried numerous times to only return to being a failure! See I never had any support but here its all about brotherhood and accountability, you never have to do this alone. I've made numerous friends that I honestly believe would do more for me than my on family. Another way to look at this is how can you get someone to help you quit that's never been a dipper and has no clue what you're gonna have to deal with! If I thought begging would help you make up your mind I would. I will say I feel better than I have felt in many many years! I quit with you all today! Please, please don't let this opportunity slip by, could be your last! Quit on!
^^^ this guy speaks the truth.

Listen, the first few days suck! But... If you do this the way Pab did, you'll never relive them. He wakes up, posts roll, and keeps his word. Every day. One day at a time.

His first few days sucked too - read what he just typed... Does he sound like he misses nicotine???

You can do this. We will help. One day at a time you can make this a new year that really is the best of your life.

Fuck nicotine. Happy 2016!
Nobody quits harder or with more conviction than Pab. This man lives to QUIT more than anyone I've met on this site so far. He is usually the first to post in our Groupme chat a Good morning or other greeting. He is constantly working on helping new quitters get their feet wet, and then FOLLOWS UP with them everyday to do whatever he can to try and help alleviate or distract the suffering of an early quit. He shows tremendous patience and compassion for those that simply don't get it right away. Pab is a man of strong faith, and from that faith stems strong values, morals, and character -- all while staying humble. This man is a valuable asset in your corner for quitting nicotine and I'm blessed to call him a friend as well.
X2 here! I'm a huge fan of Pan. Took his quit seriously from day one and has lent unbelievable support to the rest if us! This is how you quit with grace and honor.
Nothing to say but I quit with Pab today. Listen to the man!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: Jerk11
Hello all you guys and gals looking and thinking about quitting. Why would you want to continue taking a chance of killing yourself any longer? I dipped 38 year's and consider myself damn lucky to even be writing this! Have you ever stopped and looked up all the chemicals (poison) in dip? Take a minute and look it up, if that don't convince you then maybe you should go to work for the bomb squad because you are definitely flirting with death! Read the stories of how a 17 year old develops cancer after starting dip at age of 14, had scholarship to play baseball never got to live his dreams, had numerous surgeries got married (awful damn good woman to take on a disfigured man, don't mean that in an ugly way) had kids lived to be in his early 30's and died. Don't wait another minute, there's no reason not to quit. Please join, I'm living proof this place works, I've tried numerous times to only return to being a failure! See I never had any support but here its all about brotherhood and accountability, you never have to do this alone. I've made numerous friends that I honestly believe would do more for me than my on family. Another way to look at this is how can you get someone to help you quit that's never been a dipper and has no clue what you're gonna have to deal with! If I thought begging would help you make up your mind I would. I will say I feel better than I have felt in many many years! I quit with you all today! Please, please don't let this opportunity slip by, could be your last! Quit on!

Listen, the first few days suck! But... If you do this the way Pab did, you'll never relive them. He wakes up, posts roll, and keeps his word. Every day. One day at a time.

His first few days sucked too - read what he just typed... Does he sound like he misses nicotine???

You can do this. We will help. One day at a time you can make this a new year that really is the best of your life.

Nobody quits harder or with more conviction than Pab. This man lives to QUIT more than anyone I've met on this site so far. He is usually the first to post in our Groupme chat a Good morning or other greeting. He is constantly working on helping new quitters get their feet wet, and then FOLLOWS UP with them everyday to do whatever he can to try and help alleviate or distract the suffering of an early quit. He shows tremendous patience and compassion for those that simply don't get it right away. Pab is a man of strong faith, and from that faith stems strong values, morals, and character -- all while staying humble. This man is a valuable asset in your corner for quitting nicotine and I'm blessed to call him a friend as well.
X2 here! I'm a huge fan of Pan. Took his quit seriously from day one and has lent unbelievable support to the rest if us! This is how you quit with grace and honor.

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2016, 03:46:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2015, 03:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Joe104
Pab, way to go brother! Sorry I didn't congratulate you the other day but just wanted to reach out real quick and thank you for all that you do and have done for this group. You truly are inspiring and I can only hope to be as strong as you. I have to ask, how good do you feel now? Do you have any remaining side effects? If not, how long did it take you to finally feel 100% "free?" I'm just looking for a little pick me up today... 52 days in and no turning back. Still dealing with some mood swings though. Thanks again and God bless!
Joe whether it takes you 50, 100 or 365 being free from the death grips of nic is one of the top greatest things ever! Enjoy every second, good or bad at least your free! And I'm gonna rattle same old thing you've heard 100 times it gets so much better but its different from one to another. Thanks for the support my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
Sorry I'm late Pab, but congrats from me too!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
Grtaz on the year Pab, you have helped so many including me!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Joe104

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-11-07
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
Pab, way to go brother! Sorry I didn't congratulate you the other day but just wanted to reach out real quick and thank you for all that you do and have done for this group. You truly are inspiring and I can only hope to be as strong as you. I have to ask, how good do you feel now? Do you have any remaining side effects? If not, how long did it take you to finally feel 100% "free?" I'm just looking for a little pick me up today... 52 days in and no turning back. Still dealing with some mood swings though. Thanks again and God bless!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
To all of you wonderful people that support an addict like myself, I will ever be indebted to each and every one of you! This has been a helluva ride but I must say ,one of the best rides I have ever been on! I will never be able to meet you all here on this earth but maybe the hereafter we can have that big ktc reunion. The support is what's got me this far and now the desire to never go back to being a slave for the feeling of freedom has taken over! I thank God for giving the people the knowledge for starting ktc! And me the opportunity to accidentally find it. The lonley road is no longer lonely and I feel like I know each one of you personally and I truly would love to meet you all! The friendship is priceless! I not only learned how to stop being a slave but also how to deal with problems in everyday situations, all because of this place. The mind is a great tool if used correctly, it also can screw your whole damn life up if you so choose and I did for 38 years. God bless you all and continue on this glorious journey of quit! Damn.....just......Damn

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #179 on: December 28, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Copper12
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: JGlav
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: trigerhapy
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Grievous
Congrats Pab. You really are a rock star quitter. Nice 365 . . keep it going.
Pab, congrats on your 1 year!!
You are a Bad ass quitter who is in this and paying it forward, thank you my friend.
Proud to be quit with you brother!
Congratulations on your year mark today!!!
Pab the pup, one year is up...
A heart of gold, Integrity 10 fold.
Man of his word, Nic to the curb.
Grow a sack he screams.....to every newbie...on every screen!
Paying it forward, trully an old soul
a friend for life, ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Congrats friend.
Rawls 405
Great job pab! Soak in the accomplishment, that's part of the healing. Keep it rolling and help others beat this bad bitch! 'na na' 'oh yeah' 'boob'
Congrats Pab!!!
Lonely road?

Man this has been quite a ride. I hope you feel 10' tall today. You've earned it.
Congrats Pab. Well done.
Congratulations on hitting the 1 year mark Pab! B)B
Congrats! You are one that inspires the quit!!
Nice job brother Pab! If I were a new quitter I'd be tying on to your coat strings on how to be a quitter. You've been in my corner everyday since you started quitting... Congrats Pab!

Offline Copper12

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-01-05
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, shooting guns and bows, Sports, Family time, playing with my kids.https://youtu.be/STp1UtMrKR4
« Reply #178 on: December 28, 2015, 08:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Stranger999
You are a Bad ass quitter who is in this and paying it forward, thank you my friend.

Congrats friend.
Rawls 405
Great job pab! Soak in the accomplishment, that's part of the healing. Keep it rolling and help others beat this bad bitch! 'na na' 'oh yeah' 'boob'
Congrats Pab!!!
Lonely road?

Man this has been quite a ride. I hope you feel 10' tall today. You've earned it.
Congrats Pab. Well done.
Congrats! You are one that inspires the quit!!
quit date: January 24th, 2017

Introduction
Motivation Video

Offline fowlmouth

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-28
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »
Inspiring. Just inspiring.

Offline FWLPLAY

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-28
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2015, 11:04:00 PM »
Congrats bud
'archer' NAFAR 'usflag'

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »

Congrats friend.
Rawls 405
Congrats Pab!!!
Lonely road?

Congrats Pab. Well done.