Author Topic: Quitting while I am still young  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Quitting while I am still young
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
Quote from: shanelax22
I just picked up a couple cans of smokey mountain so hopefully this helps out a little bit.  Okay so I will be going back home for winter break from college and most of my friends back home still chew.  They will be chewing all the time around me.  Any suggestions on what to do there besides not chew?
Let your quit shine. Be confident. Be quit. Be the person you were supposed to be.

You will find that as your quit gets stronger, as it grows day by day, all the other addicts will be humble and give your props. You see, we have all paused. We have all paused such that we know hard it is to QUIT. Let your quit shine and when they are ready, they will ask how you did it. I think you know what to do next.

This does not directly address your question, but, it is the answer.

PS. Keep a cell phone handy. PM me for a number.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
I just picked up a couple cans of smokey mountain so hopefully this helps out a little bit. Okay so I will be going back home for winter break from college and most of my friends back home still chew. They will be chewing all the time around me. Any suggestions on what to do there besides not chew?
Take some smokey mountain....maybe even be a "quit evangelist" ;) Bring your cell phone....if you are struggling- use your numbers! Tell your friends about your quit and ask that they don't offer you one. Stare at them spitting in their spitters, drooling on their chins...look at how silly they look with a wad in...and revel in the fact that you have the biggest balls in the group!

Offline shanelax22

• Quitter
  • Interests: College Lacrosse player, fishing, running, biking, hiking, shooting, golf
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
I just picked up a couple cans of smokey mountain so hopefully this helps out a little bit. Okay so I will be going back home for winter break from college and most of my friends back home still chew. They will be chewing all the time around me. Any suggestions on what to do there besides not chew?

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: 30yrAddict
haha well this definitely sucks ass right now, but I will not let myself and everyone down
It certainly will suck ass...never forget these first days..it will be hell- but you only have to walk through this hell but once. Once you get to the other side things will be so much better than you can imagine right now.
Thank you, I really appreciate it. What do you think about tobacco free chew?
If it helps keep cancer candy out of your mouth then use it.

I used it for a bit. Went through a sleeve of chattahoochie and forgot to get another sleeve.
what Souli said-...I used it for the first 250 days of my quit. Sunflower seeds are another help...Keep in mind, at some point you are probably want to do away with the oral addiction, and that may or may not be challenging...some people are like souli in that they lost interest in the fake after a while, but I had some craves when I stopped using the fake. All in all the fake helped quite a bit.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
haha well this definitely sucks ass right now, but I will not let myself and everyone down
It certainly will suck ass...never forget these first days..it will be hell- but you only have to walk through this hell but once. Once you get to the other side things will be so much better than you can imagine right now.
If it helps keep cancer candy out of your mouth then use it.

I used it for a bit. Went through a sleeve of chattahoochie and forgot to get another sleeve.

Offline shanelax22

• Quitter
  • Interests: College Lacrosse player, fishing, running, biking, hiking, shooting, golf
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »

Offline shanelax22

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
Quote from: magnum9
Quote from: Timpy
Being an addict makes you do some stupid shit. I lied to my wife and family about dipping for 6 years. I snuck around, hid it, got caught, and lied about it every time. Quitting will keep you alive and you don't have to be a f*ing liar anymore. Nice quitting with you. Get numbers for support, it really helps.
Yeah it has definitely made me do some stupid shit. I would sneak around all day just so I had the chance to take a dip. I am sick of that and do now want to live like that any more. How do I go about getting numbers for people who are quitting in March as well? Thank you
Click on their names by their posts and then find the "Send PM" link.

Don't share numbers out in the open because you will have a particular someone who calls himself G and happens to be a gay mann calling you all the time.
wait...that was a dude?

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
Being an addict makes you do some stupid shit. I lied to my wife and family about dipping for 6 years. I snuck around, hid it, got caught, and lied about it every time. Quitting will keep you alive and you don't have to be a f*ing liar anymore. Nice quitting with you. Get numbers for support, it really helps.
Yeah it has definitely made me do some stupid shit. I would sneak around all day just so I had the chance to take a dip. I am sick of that and do now want to live like that any more. How do I go about getting numbers for people who are quitting in March as well? Thank you
Click on their names by their posts and then find the "Send PM" link.

Don't share numbers out in the open because you will have a particular someone who calls himself G and happens to be a gay mann calling you all the time.

Offline shanelax22

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
Smart move, young man!!! For many of us it took 25 years or more of using the crap before we quit. You definitely don't want that! The best decision you'll ever make . . . .

Offline Timpy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-22
  • Interests: I love hunting, reading, hockey and spending time with my wife and kids. I'm a pediatric ER nurse at Children's hospital and I have 3 kids under 4 so life is busy.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
Hail to the King Baby

Quit Date: 11/22/11
HOF: 2-29-12

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Hey everyone, every time I put a chew in my mouth I don't want it anymore. Today is the day I will be quitting chew for good. I am 20 years old and do not want to be an addict anymore. I have been addicted for just over two years now and do not want this sh!# controlling my life anymore. I am tired of sneaking around being an addict and letting my friends and family down. Most importantly I am letting myself down every time I put a chew in my mouth. I am a college athlete in North Carolina and have worked too hard to get where I am to let nicotine control my life. I have realized that others have gone through the pain of quitting and, well I guess I deserve to go through the pain since I was stupid enough to get addicted to this in the first place. I would appreciate any input you all have to help me through this entire process. Thank you
Hey glad you made the right choice!

SOunds like youa are also a fellow former ninja dipper! Thats what we call them around here! Check out my hall of fame post titled deceit if you want to see where you are going if you keep dipping and keeping it from your friends and family.

Good to hear you quit and proud to be quit with you!

Whacko......108 days
EX ninja dipper!
Felt good to come clean on August 12, 2011

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
Nice work bud. You're in. All in.

Make sure you read what's going on here. Read all that you can. We post roll every day. That's how we do it. One day at a time. That's about all any of us addicts can handle. Get to know the folks in March 2012. They're finding their way just as you are.

Welcome.