Author Topic: Need help with my quit  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Need help with my quit
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: racetrackcowgirl
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Quote from: srans
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Honestly if I didn't have a wife and a son, I' chew until the day I died."

Say what? This worries me greatly.

Basically what you are say that you aren't quitting because you WANT to, you are quitting because you feel you should.  That's not going to cut it.  Quitting for you faimily is a good starting point but ultimately if you don't quit for you, your chances at success deminish greatly.  It's very tough to force yourself to do ANYTHING you really don't want to do. 

You also are still glamourising dip.  You think going back to the can will make things "normal" again.  It won't, so get that shit out of your head.  If you're going to do this, you have to be all in, not one foot in and one foot out.

Anxiety...I've been there and know what you're going through.  In fact I know what your thinking before you think it.  Anxiety is one big circle of shitty self defeating thinking. 

The littlest things that wouldn't have bothered you in the past, now cause you to freak the fuck out and you can't stop your brain from thinking about it, then you can't stop thinking about not thinking about it, next you can't stop thinking about not thinking about not thinking about it.  And so thy viscous cycle continues.

I was there.  I once only ate chicken noodle soup for 10 days straight because I thought it made me feel better.  I thought I had diabetes, I thought I had angina, I feel asleep with my neck cocked goofy one day and woke up and thought I had a stroke because my face was a little tingly. 

All this goofy shit had me thinking there was something "wrong" with me or that I was "crazy".

I wasn't.  Crazy people don't worry about being crazy.  They are just fucking crazy and don't give a shit.

Anxiety was causing all these thoughts.  Over time with some help I began to see anxiety for what it was.  An over abundance of adrenaline produced because my body was THINKING it was in trouble.  Fight or flight....

The thing that really helped me was the montra of "I don't fear anxiety" and letting these thoughts roll in and out without getting too fired up about them.  The harder you try and fight anxiety the harder it fights back.  Try and accept your thoughts for what they are...thoughts.  Don't let them define you or take over your life.

Again, easier said than done, but hang in there, bro. 

PM me anytime if you want to hear more.

Quit on...
Look likes he may have decided to die early.

I hope not but it looks bad.
0 for the last 2, Deepbrah. Where the hell are you?
No return of my text either.

I can live with the fact that people fall down but hell, at least respond and tell me that....
I new things didn't look good. Boo hoo, if it wasn't for my wife and kids sob story.

From the great Cbird; own it or be owned.
That's a shame. If people aren't able to stay true to their quit with some of the great guys and gals on here to back them up, I'm fairly certain that they'll never be able to do it.
I'm with him ^^^^. I can give you all the reasons why we fail before finding this site but I am happy to say, that once the tools were given to me, I had no reason to fail and I haven't - not one cave and there will never be that cave. I know what to do, how to do, and I get it done. If you can't get it here, there isn't a better option to run to. When he's ready to do it for him, he knows where to come now and that is important.
0 for the last 3
Maybe he's just in a coma and not caved
What a dickhole.
"Thank your stars you're not that way, Turn your back and walk away"
"Someone set a bad example, made surrender seem alright. The act of a noble warrior, who lost the will to fight."

Aka...this guys a pussy and bailed by going back to the can rather than manning up and fighting!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »

Basically what you are say that you aren't quitting because you WANT to, you are quitting because you feel you should.  That's not going to cut it.  Quitting for you faimily is a good starting point but ultimately if you don't quit for you, your chances at success deminish greatly.  It's very tough to force yourself to do ANYTHING you really don't want to do. 

You also are still glamourising dip.  You think going back to the can will make things "normal" again.  It won't, so get that shit out of your head.  If you're going to do this, you have to be all in, not one foot in and one foot out.

Anxiety...I've been there and know what you're going through.  In fact I know what your thinking before you think it.  Anxiety is one big circle of shitty self defeating thinking. 

The littlest things that wouldn't have bothered you in the past, now cause you to freak the fuck out and you can't stop your brain from thinking about it, then you can't stop thinking about not thinking about it, next you can't stop thinking about not thinking about not thinking about it.  And so thy viscous cycle continues.

I was there.  I once only ate chicken noodle soup for 10 days straight because I thought it made me feel better.  I thought I had diabetes, I thought I had angina, I feel asleep with my neck cocked goofy one day and woke up and thought I had a stroke because my face was a little tingly. 

All this goofy shit had me thinking there was something "wrong" with me or that I was "crazy".

I wasn't.  Crazy people don't worry about being crazy.  They are just fucking crazy and don't give a shit.

Anxiety was causing all these thoughts.  Over time with some help I began to see anxiety for what it was.  An over abundance of adrenaline produced because my body was THINKING it was in trouble.  Fight or flight....

The thing that really helped me was the montra of "I don't fear anxiety" and letting these thoughts roll in and out without getting too fired up about them.  The harder you try and fight anxiety the harder it fights back.  Try and accept your thoughts for what they are...thoughts.  Don't let them define you or take over your life.

Quit on...

I can live with the fact that people fall down but hell, at least respond and tell me that....
I new things didn't look good. Boo hoo, if it wasn't for my wife and kids sob story.

That's a shame. If people aren't able to stay true to their quit with some of the great guys and gals on here to back them up, I'm fairly certain that they'll never be able to do it.
I'm with him ^^^^. I can give you all the reasons why we fail before finding this site but I am happy to say, that once the tools were given to me, I had no reason to fail and I haven't - not one cave and there will never be that cave. I know what to do, how to do, and I get it done. If you can't get it here, there isn't a better option to run to. When he's ready to do it for him, he knows where to come now and that is important.
0 for the last 3
What a dickhole.
"Thank your stars you're not that way, Turn your back and walk away"

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »

Quit on...

0 for the last 3
What a dickhole.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »

Quit on...

0 for the last 3
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »

Quit on...

0 for the last 3
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline racetrackcowgirl

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »

Quit on...

Cowgirl

"Don?t single yourself out as a woman. You are an addict. You are a quitter and in the end it doesn?t matter what?s between your legs, it?s what?s in your head that will make the difference."

"Quitting is a process. It?s an extremely difficult, simple process - one that never again has to be faced alone."

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »

Quit on...

"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »

Quit on...

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2014, 07:20:00 PM »

Quit on...

Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »

Quit on...

Quit since 1/23/14

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »

Basically what you are say that you aren't quitting because you WANT to, you are quitting because you feel you should. That's not going to cut it. Quitting for you faimily is a good starting point but ultimately if you don't quit for you, your chances at success deminish greatly. It's very tough to force yourself to do ANYTHING you really don't want to do.

You also are still glamourising dip. You think going back to the can will make things "normal" again. It won't, so get that shit out of your head. If you're going to do this, you have to be all in, not one foot in and one foot out.

Anxiety...I've been there and know what you're going through. In fact I know what your thinking before you think it. Anxiety is one big circle of shitty self defeating thinking.

The littlest things that wouldn't have bothered you in the past, now cause you to freak the fuck out and you can't stop your brain from thinking about it, then you can't stop thinking about not thinking about it, next you can't stop thinking about not thinking about not thinking about it. And so thy viscous cycle continues.

I was there. I once only ate chicken noodle soup for 10 days straight because I thought it made me feel better. I thought I had diabetes, I thought I had angina, I feel asleep with my neck cocked goofy one day and woke up and thought I had a stroke because my face was a little tingly.

I wasn't. Crazy people don't worry about being crazy. They are just fucking crazy and don't give a shit.

Anxiety was causing all these thoughts. Over time with some help I began to see anxiety for what it was. An over abundance of adrenaline produced because my body was THINKING it was in trouble. Fight or flight....

The thing that really helped me was the montra of "I don't fear anxiety" and letting these thoughts roll in and out without getting too fired up about them. The harder you try and fight anxiety the harder it fights back. Try and accept your thoughts for what they are...thoughts. Don't let them define you or take over your life.

Quit on...

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2014, 10:07:00 AM »
DUDE...WHERE ARE YOU?

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2014, 06:12:00 AM »
Quote from: rothstein57
Keep on quitting bro. I know it's tough right now, it sucks dick, but I promise you it will get better. You are so close to being over the hump and you don't even know it. From now on you will only go up. Don't give up, and keep fighting, because you are almost through the fog.
^^^^^^ I will second that^^^^^ Quit with you!

Offline rothstein57

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2014, 04:09:00 AM »
Keep on quitting bro. I know it's tough right now, it sucks dick, but I promise you it will get better. You are so close to being over the hump and you don't even know it. From now on you will only go up. Don't give up, and keep fighting, because you are almost through the fog.

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: deepbrah
Day 15

So I feel semi good overall, but I'm getting this clicking sound when I swallow.  I'm starting to convince myself that I'm dying again.  That whole first week, I thought I was dying, and I could barely eat.

My son had the same thing a week ago, so I know I shouldn't be panicking.  I'm just trying to keep my mind focused on other things.  I also looked it up, and it is something that can be caused by anxiety, which I feel like I was having, but was going away...until of course my throat started bothering me, and now the anxiety is returning.  I just don't want to lose sleep or lose my appetite Iagain.

It's very nice to be eating again though, my appetite is back in full swing, and the nausea has been gone for at least 5-6 days now.  That whole first 10 days or so, I couldn't even drink coffee, but now it's tasting better than before.  I use about half the cream I used to as well.  Coffee has definitely improved a lot in taste.

My digestive system is back to normal.  In fact it's better than it used to be.  Maybe the week off of eating a lot cleaned me out, or maybe it's the nicotine being gone from the system, but the digestive system in general feels much much better than it ever has my entire adult life.

--

Sometimes I have moments in the day where I just faze out and am in a fog.  But for the most part, I'm feeling pretty normal again.

--

Part of me keeps saying to just go buy a can and see if everything is back to normal tomorrow.  But I can't go back after 15 days...I just can't do it.  Honestly, if I didn't have a wife and a son, I'd chew until the day I died.
Day 15 is awesome man, don't throw that away. The fog will lift, it may take a couple more weeks but there are better days ahead. Those thoughts that a can just might make everything better is the nic bitch trying to wedge herself back into your life. Nicotine has lost it's physical grip on you but your mind and body are beginning to heal and rewire itself, that just takes some time.

I can assure you that buying a can will bring you nothing but disappointment and sorrow. Staying quit again today, keeping your promise to your group and the community here will add another brick to the foundation of your quit. Every victory will build on the last and pretty soon you will begin to understand just how powerful taking your freedom back from the poison will be to your entire life.

Keep up the good work and let me know if you need anything.
Jlud said it all, listen and adhere. To add; after 385 days poison free you couldn't stick a gun to my head and make me suckle with the poison again. I hate the poison. It lied to me for to long. I believed it helped me, when all it ever did was take. It doesn't deserve your want and desire. Begin building a hatred because that's all the poison deserves.

It will help you to learn this enemy. Read all you can on nicotine/addiction. Learn your enemy, it knows you. Its time to build your quit knowledge and gain the advantage. Begin knowing what to expect.

SCREW the poison. I don't care if I'm married, divorced, got kids, don't got kids, who dies, throat clicking, wrist hurts or whatever else comes up or lies ahead. I will post roll and keep my word. My life belongs to the poison NO longer. Let's get some quit on brother. Let's take it to another level. The level of no return. Develop a better state of mind. Your in control my friend. Time to begin acting like it. Quit with you.
Hey deepbrah,
I'm in your quit group and can't stand by while your are talking cave. Breath deep, exercise. These guys have said it all. It doesn't make a shit if you have kids, wife, girlfriend, mama, puppies or what...you quit for you.
Going back to the nic bitch will only bring you grief. You have kicked her out, now stick to the quit. Hate nicotine and the dip that brought her.
Hang in brah!
I quit with you!

Let me know if you need anything.
Doc
15 days in bro. That's a long time. Start owning this fucker. You won't stay quit for your wife and son - that's a fact. My recommendation is to turn this quit around starting today. Too much iffiness. Too much focusing on the struggles. Too much talk about fogs and funks and other negative shit. How about embracing the fact that you have kicked nic's ass every day for the last 15? Celebrate that shit bro. Look forward to posting 16 tomorrow. You are accomplishing something worthwhile - you should feel proud and strong in what you are doing. Take the bull by the horns dude - you can stomp queen Nikki into the dirt where she belong. A lying thieving controlling bitch - fuck her. YOU own you. YOU own your quit. Your a badass man - I know this because you haven't used tobacco in 15 days. Build on those 15 and lean on this site as you go. I want to see you be the aggressor. Fuck nic. PM me if you want a number.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------