Author Topic: Need help with my quit  (Read 3640 times)

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Need help with my quit
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: deepbrah
If you had similar symptoms to mine, post something, anything so I can read through it when I'm struggling.
First thing....it gets better. It's not always easy, especially at first, but it get better. It gets easier. But you have to keep on posting roll and keeping your word. IT GETS BETTER.
Second, it's always good to have people responding to your thread. But there's no reason to wait for those responses. Start digging into other threads, other intro's, other HOF speeches, etc. You will find a LOT of inspiration in what others have posted about their struggles and victories. If you read, you will find that EVERYONE has gone through exactly what you are going through. You will find that no one takes control of their addiction without effort, significant discomfort and mental struggle. You will find out that no one's addiction is beyond their ability to control. You will find out that it gets better, the fog does lift. That's good news.
Third, That lump in your throat will turn out to be nothing and go away. That flu will be over in less than a week. Why am I saying this? Because your mind will start saying "see, you were just being silly....you freaked out for nothing...you showed some restraint by cutting back for a few days...so why not celebrate with a chew?...You're not gonna go back full time...Just one. After all, you deserve it after all the stress you've been through." I know because I was you. We were all you. Be ready brother. It will get easier, but you have to be ready.
Post roll, and keep your word. Read, read, read. One day at a time.
What Zam said. And if one day at a time is too big of a bite to swallow, take it one hour or one minute at a time. You've got to get out of your own head sometimes.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
If you had similar symptoms to mine, post something, anything so I can read through it when I'm struggling.
First thing....it gets better. It's not always easy, especially at first, but it get better. It gets easier. But you have to keep on posting roll and keeping your word. IT GETS BETTER.
Second, it's always good to have people responding to your thread. But there's no reason to wait for those responses. Start digging into other threads, other intro's, other HOF speeches, etc. You will find a LOT of inspiration in what others have posted about their struggles and victories. If you read, you will find that EVERYONE has gone through exactly what you are going through. You will find that no one takes control of their addiction without effort, significant discomfort and mental struggle. You will find out that no one's addiction is beyond their ability to control. You will find out that it gets better, the fog does lift. That's good news.
Third, That lump in your throat will turn out to be nothing and go away. That flu will be over in less than a week. Why am I saying this? Because your mind will start saying "see, you were just being silly....you freaked out for nothing...you showed some restraint by cutting back for a few days...so why not celebrate with a chew?...You're not gonna go back full time...Just one. After all, you deserve it after all the stress you've been through." I know because I was you. We were all you. Be ready brother. It will get easier, but you have to be ready.
Post roll, and keep your word. Read, read, read. One day at a time.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »
The day is dragging. I'm in bad shape today. Got up at 8...figured I could get some stuff done before I had to leave at 11:30 but I've done nothing but sit here.

I find myself just googling nicotine withdrawl and other random stuff...

This road is a rough one. I just want to feel normal again.

Thinking about being depressed is so depressing. I need to get my mind off this whole thing.
You are in the heart of the SUCK. We have all been there, it will pass and start to get better....you have to push through and make it today! Just today!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
The day is dragging. I'm in bad shape today. Got up at 8...figured I could get some stuff done before I had to leave at 11:30 but I've done nothing but sit here.

Thinking about being depressed is so depressing. I need to get my mind off this whole thing.
Time goes glacial when you're in the suck. Get out and do something physical. Exercise, gym, push-ups, take a long walk. The nic bitch loves to prey on guys that sit idle. Beat her now with physical activity! You can do this man.
ZC

Offline deepbrah

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
You are fine, your symptoms from the quit have been experienced by literally 100's -1000's of others here on KTC. Stay focused for the fight right now, don't worry about tomorrow or what happens next. You only worry about your quit, the rest will resolve itself in time. We quit ODAAT here at KTC. I quit with you today........

P.s. Unless you are a doctor quit diagnosing yours and your sons illnesses, let the pros handle that because it only causes you undue stress. Welcome aboard
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Honestly, I think I've had such a hard time because I was coming down with something...My son won't eat now either and has a fever. He says his mouth hurts and throat hurts...and when I looked in his mouth with a flashlight, it looks like mine, like really "sensitive" looking or something.

He also had one of those little clear ball things under his tongue he was complaining about...I know everyone here has had one of those...so oddly enough it's like we're going through the same thing or something.
The illness might not be helping much, but you are having a hard time because you are battling an addiction to the most addictive substance on earth. You've fed the addiction to a powerful (and lethal) neurotoxin for years and now you are learning to live as a free man.

The sooner you accept this and get some anger under your belt for what this addiction has taken from you and your family, the better.

Get well soon, to you and your son!

Offline deepbrah

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
Honestly, I think I've had such a hard time because I was coming down with something...My son won't eat now either and has a fever. He says his mouth hurts and throat hurts...and when I looked in his mouth with a flashlight, it looks like mine, like really "sensitive" looking or something.

He also had one of those little clear ball things under his tongue he was complaining about...I know everyone here has had one of those...so oddly enough it's like we're going through the same thing or something.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Thanks guys.  I'm feeling a bit better already just from joining.  Like-minded people always seem to help.  Keep the support coming please.

Thanks.
Lot to read on the site. Hof speeches, words of wisdom wild card section. You'll also find a lot of facts about the poison. I also recommend reading through other individuals intros, especially people that have been where you are. 1 year, 2 years and so on.

Don't let the poison surprise you anymore. It's time you got the upper hand. Glad to be quit with you.

Ps. If your on day 7 with no nic your in may group.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm feeling a bit better already just from joining. Like-minded people always seem to help. Keep the support coming please.

Thanks.
Well, you've obviously been on the website today, however, I don't see your name under the June roll call. Get over there, click on quote, cut/paste from the big box below to the big box on top, then add your name to the new quitters. Click 'add reply' and you're done. Do that every day and make it the most critical and important thing you do for that day. Why? because 1) it's the KTC creed 2) as silly as it seems, it works 3) you won't be only accountable to yourself, but thousands here at KTC. You may as well start wearing a "I Quit Dip" t-shirt for everyone to see because that is now the magnitude of your proclamation of quit. There are many reasons we post roll, it's importance differs for each, but we all agree on it's importance. Quit hard today. You'll never wake up the next day wishing you had caved (not my words).
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Quitforsoj

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
My advice -
Stay quit .....

Get the sore in your mouth checked out .

Offline deepbrah

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm feeling a bit better already just from joining. Like-minded people always seem to help. Keep the support coming please.

Thanks.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »
One more thing -- How do we get the threads to show up like normal?  I am getting the first post in a thread showing up at the end of the pages -- like on page 2, 3, 4, and so on.  So the latest post is being displayed at the very top of page 1.
That is how it is supposed to work on this site. Welcome! READ!!!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
Thanks guys. I'll check the roll call tonight and get in there. (edit: OK I posted up in the roll call -- my date is off because I'm on day 6 already when I signed up for the site)

I can honestly say that 100%, without a doubt, I'm never going to put a chew in my mouth ever again. There is no doubt in my mind.

--

EDIT: One more thing -- I would chew 2-3 cans A DAY. I blame the whole Skoal 2-packs for that. I used to just stop at the store and get a can a day...then they conveniently came in packs of 2 to save a dollar. Toward the end there, it was completely out of control.

--

The truth is, I thought I was dying so bad, and pictured my wife and son alone and it destroyed me. I'm crying as I write this. I would get in the shower and just cry. I honestly was convinced that I was dying.

I never had a father...and I've had friends who had bad fathers. I always considered myself lucky to have no father than a bad one. Since I had a son, I vowed to be the best Dad to my son that I could possibly be. I thought that through selfishly chewing I took that away from my innocent son. Any time that thought pops into my head, I could literally, and immediately, hit the ground in a full breakdown.

--

So yes, I am not going to chew, ever, that is a given, 100%. My fear would be nicotine patches or Smoking or something similar.

--

Something else I've noticed, if I get teary eyed, my mouth hurts...which I think it's always been like that, all my life. And of course it's nearly 60 degrees this week, which is playing havoc on my allergies. I've been a hypochondriac my entire life, so any time I get a symptom, I pretty much think I'm dying. The sad and brutally honest fact to that is even hypochondriac's get cancer and f'in die.

--

One more thing -- How do we get the threads to show up like normal? I am getting the first post in a thread showing up at the end of the pages -- like on page 2, 3, 4, and so on. So the latest post is being displayed at the very top of page 1.
Post roll every day.Visit the welcome center... this is very important that you learn to use the tools here.
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
I can honestly say that 100%, without a doubt, I'm never going to put a chew in my mouth ever again. There is no doubt in my mind.

Don't worry about anything but today, that is big enough of a challenge.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda