Author Topic: Reddit AMA - Live updating my quit as it goes  (Read 9205 times)

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Reddit AMA - Live updating my quit as it goes
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
Quote from: hawkeyerunner
Woah! I said that? This quit has got me acting totally crazy! I'm really sorry!

I think I'm using this website as a punching bag of sorts - I definitely can't rage at work and I live alone so there's nobody to rage with in person unless I call a friend or something....I'd rather have strangers pissed off at me than people in my actual life.

Anyways, quitting is going really well the last couple of days. Sunday was extremely painful, but today and yesterday were a walk in the park! How is yours going? I saw on your intro thread you bought some herbal snuff, I almost bought some but ended up going with jerky instead.
I'm doing good. Have a large assortment of fake that I am going to start weaning myself off of soon. I also chew gum and eat dark chocolate Hershey's kisses and werthers coffee caramel candy. I'm not a big candy person so I have been using fake that I can swallow. So at least I'm not sitting here spitting too. The Holt is made from alfalfa. It's kind of weird but it's good. And using smokey mountain mint pouches. I plan to start laying off the fake next week
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-04
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
Dude, I totally agree on the emoji thing being annoying.

I absolutely hate when people who don't know me and probably don't even know how to ride a horse say "that word."

I almost view it like the N-word. I can say it, you can say it....but someone from NYC should definitely not say it, ever. So annoying!

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »
Woah! I said that? This quit has got me acting totally crazy! I'm really sorry!

I think I'm using this website as a punching bag of sorts - I definitely can't rage at work and I live alone so there's nobody to rage with in person unless I call a friend or something....I'd rather have strangers pissed off at me than people in my actual life.

Anyways, quitting is going really well the last couple of days. Sunday was extremely painful, but today and yesterday were a walk in the park! How is yours going? I saw on your intro thread you bought some herbal snuff, I almost bought some but ended up going with jerky instead.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Cindy
Woah! Typing the word cowboy makes the little pistol guy? This whole time I thought the emoticon for cowboy was being used as sarcasm and was getting annoyed.

Awesome!

cowboy bam bam bam!

Is anyone around here into shooting sports?
I shoot cowboy fast draw.

I also hunt and fish but I don't consider those sports.
And the emoji for COWBOY irritates the shit out of me
QLF ODAAT..

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
Woah! Typing the word cowboy makes the little pistol guy? This whole time I thought the emoticon for cowboy was being used as sarcasm and was getting annoyed.

Awesome!

cowboy bam bam bam!

I shoot cowboy fast draw.

I also hunt and fish but I don't consider those sports.
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
I'm not holding it against anyone, I didn't know what I was getting into. I can see that you're all very serious about quitting and that's awesome.

So, I'm going to leave this account for a few days and come back later this week with a new one, under a new name, so you little faggots will treat me decently from the get-go.

My quit was going so much better before I got on here.
^^ that F- word? You didn't say it... I'll be damned. My bad

Off my high horse. Also apologized earlier when I was informed that you had been bumped off roll. I don't really care what you think about me. A lot like you probably don't care what I think about you. I have tried to be supportive of you and all you do is talk shit. So I talk shit back. I'm weird like that. I'm sorry.

Quit on dude
QLF ODAAT..

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
Awesome, I'll definitely give it a shot!

I'd definitely like to meet the other rodeo guys on here, because I really do think our experience is different from the typical experience. Even if Cindy doesn't agree with the whole dipping cowboy stereotype, it's disturbingly accurate up here in Wyo. When I'm at the gym, there's not a whole lot of dipping happening there - but when I go to the arena or corral, it's everywhere.

It's a really weird subculture that literally has songs about dipping such as "Copenhagen Angel." Have you ever seen girls with dip tin lids for earrings? Well at rodeos you will.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »
Well that makes sense, thanks for fixing it. Anything I can do to avoid it tomorrow morning?
Watch the bottom of the page where you may or may not see people posting. It happens a lot in new groups just because of the large number of posters. Big thing is to recheck a couple times a day to be sure you weren't bumped. Build the web of accountability and people will watch out for you.

Basically you can't do much about getting bumped but you can avoid bumping others by checking to see if someone else if posting at the same time. F5 (refresh) your page before posting if you have been reading a bit

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »
Well that makes sense, thanks for fixing it. Anything I can do to avoid it tomorrow morning?
All you can do is post and try not to bump others.

(Pssst...we have other Cowboys here and even some professional rodeo cowboys.)
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »
Cindy - Get off your high horse and stop acting like you know me. I posted roll today, or were you too stupid to see it? Also, I'll say "fuckers" but never the other F-word, that one is just as bad as the N-word. I really want to call you some choice names, but would like to play nice since you seem like you'd be most likely to understand what I'm talking about even if we don't agree on all the parts too it.
Before you start calling Cindy stupid you need to realize that she did not see you on roll today because someone bumped your name off of it. It happens a lot in new groups. A bump is when two or more people post at the same time and yours got overwritten. I went back and saw what happened and fixed it for you. One day you will get the fact that people here want to help but you keep being an ass, they won't.

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »

Awesome!

cowboy bam bam bam!

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
Day #4 went awesome with even fewer cravings than yesterday. I've heard quitting is harder for some than for others, is this true? If so, I think I got lucky and am having a really easy time.

That being said, I don't want attention, I don't my hand to be held, and I still hate most of you. But, having a common enemy has me here again tonight. ...Not all of you guys suck, guys like HipHopAnonymous are awesome.

Since you guys insist on acting like you know me and think my claims of being a cowboy aren't an issue, let me fill you in a bit - rodeos are what I live for and kinda part of my job too, but everyone I know who competes and most who come and watch dip a lot. It's really really common, and I'm nervous about the next one that I signed up for before I quit. There's going to be dip everywhere in an environment that I grew up dipping around. I'm hoping I don't fall off the wagon at it - it's why I keep bringing it up because every time I do anything that involves me getting in the saddle, it was also when I dipped the most.

I'd compare it to an alcoholic pool player going to a tournament at a bar right after quitting.

I definitely don't want to quit my hobby since it's a huge part of who I am, I need to dis-associate it with my addiction. I guess I wasn't clear on that.

Cindy - Get off your high horse and stop acting like you know me. I posted roll today, or were you too stupid to see it? Also, I'll say "fuckers" but never the other F-word, that one is just as bad as the N-word. I really want to call you some choice names, but would like to play nice since you seem like you'd be most likely to understand what I'm talking about even if we don't agree on all the parts too it.

***Edit - I forgot to apologize for lying in the chatroom on Day #2. I was spazzing out like a psycho, I probably would have told you the sky was green at that time.

Offline HipHopAnonymous

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-29
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »
HIJACK - Sup Mother Fuckers,

Hawkeye - I don't like everyone on here. And the guy callin you a thin shinned pussy is probably just mad at his dumpster fire for a football program. O-H :)

But bet your ass I get on here everyday. I read every post nearly. I agree with most advise. There is a method to the madness. Takes a while through the post-snuff fog to see it.

Everything that has been said to you is based off of the 'oh I have seen this shit before' narration. We don't give a shit about you. We are all quitters just like you. These guys know what it takes to succeed.

Congratulations on your 3 days. They are the hardest. Hang around. Post Roll

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
I also apologize for how vehemently I lash out against this cowboys dip stereotype. My husband dips, and while he doesn't necessarily beleive it necessary for him to do so, he also doesn't have any desire to quit, like you said, friends all do it, parents do it, grandparents did it, ect, that's not my problem.. They lived long happy lives? Great! I don't want my husband to die from cancer. Which is a completely possible future for me. And it makes me angry.
QLF ODAAT..