Author Topic: trying to quit with the patch  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
Re: trying to quit with the patch
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
Duke, you have made the RIGHT decision!!!! Endure the pain and get it over with!!! It will be a toughroad but once you are quit, you will NEVER wake up in the morning wishing you had caved!!! 30+ year nic addict here, cold turkey and never want to go back to being a slave to that shit!!! You can DO this, one day at a time!!! You are STRONGER than that can! PM if you need a number and welcome to the suck!

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »
Bigduke, you've made the best decision you could ever make. You will have a rough road for the next few days but considering what you've already accomplished you can do this as well! You have got to stay close to the site and post roll call everyday. Get phone numbers, if you can't post roll send a text to a quit buddy and have them post for you. If you want my number, PM me.

I dipped for 15 years before quitting. I mainly used chewing gum and drinking lots of water to help fight my cravings. I also did the occassional mint snuff when I needed it. You can do this, just hang in there because the roller coaster ride is starting but everything will be alright. Welcome aboard!

Dave
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »
Quote from: bigduke45123
Well that sounds like a great idea getting to know people. I don't drink Redtrain so that won't be an issue. I have touched alcohol in two years and can not wait until I can post that about nic.
Well in that case, you can hang out with these cool dudes too.

index.php?showtopic=93

Offline bigduke45123

• Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoor activities, riding bikes, taking my English mastiff for a ride, and eating now that I have quit. Food has become comfort to me right now and I will probably have to ask the vets help on that to.
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
Well that sounds like a great idea getting to know people. I don't drink Redtrain so that won't be an issue. I have touched alcohol in two years and can not wait until I can post that about nic.
Quit day - friday the 13th of August 2010
HOF day - November 20th 2010 - KTC's 4th bday
2nd Floor - Febuary 28th 2011

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
Now that we have all that out of the way, lets make sure you have a plan for the weekend.

Avoid the booze, drink lots of water, get some gum, seeds, get to know of few of your quit brothers, check out live chat, maybe exchange a number or two, and most importantly......stay close to this website.

Its gonna be a bumpy ride, but you'll feel much better come Monday.

Don't be afraid to shout out if you need anything, people here will be tripping over each other to help.

Colorado and Ohio? Must be something in the water........ ;)

Offline bigduke45123

• Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoor activities, riding bikes, taking my English mastiff for a ride, and eating now that I have quit. Food has become comfort to me right now and I will probably have to ask the vets help on that to.
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
I was just catching up with this thread and wondering if you would return or not. This is one of the better conversations regarding NRT on this site, and its in your intro thread.

Congratulations on the decision to toss your can and the patches. Find your group, post roll, get involved, read everything you can.

I can guarantee you that you will not regret this. Welcome!

'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party'
It's not that easy for a few hard asses to get rid of me my mind was made up when I joined. I am a western slope Coloradan livin in Ohio makin a living besides farming. I put my mind to that when I turned 21 moved 1500 miles away from family and accomplished it and my mind is set to this so I know I can do it. People might not like the way I have gone about the quit but that is to bad for them I had a plan and when the patches started hurting where I put them on that sped it up that much faster.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
There was one or two that did say this wasn't the site for me because I hadn't quit yet. But when I joined I joined for support trying to quit a few days ago not trying to stay quit. I can say now that I am ready to stay quit and hope that I will get the support to stay quit.
BigDuke - I'm glad you are quit and done with the patch. Also keep in mind that debate really wasn't about you, but about the belief system of the site. As others stated, you've been surrounded by support since you first posted in the intro section. You need a number, PM me.

You can already see the magic of this place happening. You've gone from try to quit with a patch, to quit for good no nic mentality.

The quit force is strong in you young jedi

Be ready for the weekend, triggers will hit.

Rob
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline ahfull

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dip
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
UHHHH...Who let the dogs out!!!

Way to go, BigDuke! Quit up!!

ahfull - 343 days cold turkey
Quit: Saturday, September 5, 2009

Offline bman50317

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
Bman my plan for quitting nic actually starts now the patch is off. Every place I have put the patch (4) places it has felt like a big charly horse. I haven't really been craving to feel the spot where my dip was in my mouth over the last day ant that is what I have been waiting for over the last few days. I am impressed by all of the resopnces on here and do look forward to posting roll call.
There was one or two that did say this wasn't the site for me because I hadn't quit yet. But when I joined I joined for support trying to quit a few days ago not trying to stay quit. I can say now that I am ready to stay quit and hope that I will get the support to stay quit.
But I can say at 8:05 am 8-13-2010 I quit nic forever and I will keep that promise. I will be memorable being Friday the 13th :D .
Right on my friend. Congrats on a great decision. These next few days are gonna suck, but battle through it. There are so many resources here....use them. Need a number, just ask. Most importantly, post roll and give your word that you won't use today. All of us make that committment to each other daily. So post up in your group and you can post in mine as well.

November 2010

March 2008

Remember...this battle isn't a quick or easy one. Just fight todays battles and we will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.
Time heals but I'm forever broken

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 08:17:00 AM »
I was just catching up with this thread and wondering if you would return or not. This is one of the better conversations regarding NRT on this site, and its in your intro thread.

Congratulations on the decision to toss your can and the patches. Find your group, post roll, get involved, read everything you can.

I can guarantee you that you will not regret this. Welcome!

'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party' 'party'

Offline bigduke45123

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
Bman my plan for quitting nic actually starts now the patch is off. Every place I have put the patch (4) places it has felt like a big charly horse. I haven't really been craving to feel the spot where my dip was in my mouth over the last day ant that is what I have been waiting for over the last few days. I am impressed by all of the resopnces on here and do look forward to posting roll call.
But I can say at 8:05 am 8-13-2010 I quit nic forever and I will keep that promise. I will be memorable being Friday the 13th :D .

Offline bman50317

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »
Quote from: mule21
Just so all of you know I haven't posted roll call and won't until the day that I am fully nicotine free. I also understand that most people here have quit cold turkey and I have tryed that but apparently it didn't work and I am here asking for support not a lot of assholes that are pissed off because I am using a step down approch to it.
   I haven't had tabbaco for three days now and thoughs who have quit cold turkey don't know that the urge for wanting to put a dip in your mouth is still there the mental aspect of quitting is still in my head.
   I do not plan on using the patch forever hell not even as long as it says to use it. I am going to stop usin it in two weeks so for all the non supporters that this sight isnt supposed to have this is for you  'Finger' .
   For everyone else that has shown me supp support THANK YOU and I do hope to keep you updated and show you that I can stop nic and dip.
It is your quit......look forward to you joining roll call when you are nic-free.

Speaking from experience of trying everything over the past 30 years.....

Posting roll first thing each morning, committing that today...i will not give in to my addiction...under any circumstances....standing shoulder to shoulder fighting the same battle as brothers i have come to love and respect, realizing they have my back and vice versa, getting involved with others quits and building some of the greatest friendships with folks i've never met.....

this works....every single day for 954 days in a row.

We're not going anywhere.....when you get ready to drink the kool-aide and join our merry band....post roll.

It matters greatly.....and will change the way you approach quitting if you invest enough to truely "get it"
NOBODY is attacking or being a nonsupporter, everyone here is trying their hardest to get you to quit. Most here quit cold turkey and I know that we all hardcore when it comes to quitting, but we have to be. If any of us put our guard down or have any self doubt....even just a little, it opens up the door for the nic bitch to return to our lives. None of us want that.

Duke, some badass quitters in here giving good advice. Hell you gotta be impressed by how many people responded to you. Make sure you also understand that once you are nic free everyone who has posted in this thread will give you the shirt of his back.

Now you gotta decision to make. Sounds to me like you wanna quit. Why don't you lay out your plan for us. I am curious.
Time heals but I'm forever broken

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »
Just so all of you know I haven't posted roll call and won't until the day that I am fully nicotine free. I also understand that most people here have quit cold turkey and I have tryed that but apparently it didn't work and I am here asking for support not a lot of assholes that are pissed off because I am using a step down approch to it.
I haven't had tabbaco for three days now and thoughs who have quit cold turkey don't know that the urge for wanting to put a dip in your mouth is still there the mental aspect of quitting is still in my head.
I do not plan on using the patch forever hell not even as long as it says to use it. I am going to stop usin it in two weeks so for all the non supporters that this sight isnt supposed to have this is for you 'Finger' .
For everyone else that has shown me supp support THANK YOU and I do hope to keep you updated and show you that I can stop nic and dip.
It is your quit......look forward to you joining roll call when you are nic-free.

Speaking from experience of trying everything over the past 30 years.....

Posting roll first thing each morning, committing that today...i will not give in to my addiction...under any circumstances....standing shoulder to shoulder fighting the same battle as brothers i have come to love and respect, realizing they have my back and vice versa, getting involved with others quits and building some of the greatest friendships with folks i've never met.....

this works....every single day for 954 days in a row.

We're not going anywhere.....when you get ready to drink the kool-aide and join our merry band....post roll.

It matters greatly.....and will change the way you approach quitting if you invest enough to truely "get it"

Offline bigduke45123

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »
I do not plan on using the patch forever hell not even as long as it says to use it. I am going to stop usin it in two weeks so for all the non supporters that this sight isnt supposed to have this is for you 'Finger' .

Offline ahfull

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dip
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2010, 02:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Ready
This debate is far from new...

index.php?showtopic=2072

Ready runs like hell after knocking down the hornets nest
Wow...quitnow is the douchiest of douchebags...WFT!!!

Skoal Monster = my hero
Quit: Saturday, September 5, 2009