Author Topic: Scared to death  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Scared to death
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
Hi Cindy, I don't know why Done4 is so obsessed with shoes, but I do know he is a bad ass quitter who has your back and mine. Hang tough, and you'll never regret this decision.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
thank yall
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Cindy
Quote from: Idaho
I'm a married woman with 2 sons. I started dipping when I was 15. I am terrified to quit, but I know I need to. I have talked to my husband and he laughed at me. He doesn't want to quit and won't quit until something bad happens I guess. I don't know if I should just quit cold turkey or try to wean myself off of it. I don't know how I am going to do either of those things with his snuff and spit bottles in my house.
Cindy,
Quit now for yourself and your sons! You are not alone, we are all scared of quitting, cancer and our addiction.

We quit cold turkey here! Make today day 1! Get over to January pre HOF and post your promise to quit: topic/10564902/34/#new
Buy some fake chew which will help in you quit, also try seeds, gum, candy, anything but the addictive poison.
Read everything on this site, post roll, get active, learn to hate it and tell your husband to respect your decision!
Charles check you inbox

Live chat is awesome: http://chat.killthecan.org/
I did my promise, not correctly, but I did it. lol
Your husband doesn't want to quit? You'll find more than enough resources on this site that may help to convince. I was in his shoes ~ 150 days ago. Now I'm clean and have a better chance at keeping my jaw, tongue, and teeth than if I was in your husband's shoes. If he doesn't want to quit you get to spend both yours and his retirement money! Make sure you look at all corners of the site. Read, read, read some more. Find OutdoorTexan's story and pictures. The Kern story.

Drink plenty of water then drink some more. Pretty much every month has a female or 2. You'll find them fast. This place is over the top on support.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Welcome Cindy! I see you posted roll ... by that I can assume you flushed whatever you had down the crapper! Great choice ... you can do this!! Bear down, I quit with you today!

This may help as you wander the halls of KTC:

Click here for a "Quitionary"
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
I'm a married woman with 2 sons. I started dipping when I was 15. I am terrified to quit, but I know I need to. I have talked to my husband and he laughed at me. He doesn't want to quit and won't quit until something bad happens I guess. I don't know if I should just quit cold turkey or try to wean myself off of it. I don't know how I am going to do either of those things with his snuff and spit bottles in my house.
Cindy,
Quit now for yourself and your sons! You are not alone, we are all scared of quitting, cancer and our addiction.

We quit cold turkey here! Make today day 1! Get over to January pre HOF and post your promise to quit: topic/10564902/34/#new
Buy some fake chew which will help in you quit, also try seeds, gum, candy, anything but the addictive poison.
Read everything on this site, post roll, get active, learn to hate it and tell your husband to respect your decision!
Charles check you inbox

I did my promise, not correctly, but I did it. lol
QLF ODAAT..

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
How are you going to do it? ONE DAY AT A TIME. You're getting bogged down thinking about the future. All you need to focus on is today...right now...this five minutes.

"Quitting forever" is hard...impossible, really. That's why we don't do that here. All we do is give our word each day by Posting Roll that come Hell or high water, we will not put nicotine in our body today. We quit ONE DAY AT A TIME. And that is all there is to it.

Don't think about tomorrow, next week, next month, Christmas, etc. We'll deal with them when they get here. All we worry about what we can control...today. And anybody can go one day, right? You can too.

The decision to quit must be yours, and yours alone. Nobody can do this for you. It doesn't matter how much money you have or who you know. It doesn't matter who your married to. All that matters is YOU. YOU make the decision to quit. YOU take the first step. YOU post roll. And that is who we are going to support...YOU.

You can do this. Will it be easy? Shit no. But is it possible? Well, just click on the Quit Groups...not just your own quit group, but click around on a few other months and years. Then think...all of those names are someone who was right where you are right now. Now you tell me...is quitting possible? Hell yes it is...and the folks whose names you see there are the proof. We are living free ONE DAY AT A TIME. YOU CAN TOO!!!

It will suck at first. But embrace the suck. That is the feeling of healing. Nobody gets free for the asking. You have to earn your freedom. So take note of it...experience it. Turn the tables on nicotine. Quitting is a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to do it. I used to sit in my truck and yell, "I GET TO FEEL THIS SHITTY BECAUSE I CHOSE TO QUIT!" I chose to make myself laugh at the cravings...at the risk of looking like someone who needed to be institutionalized. I chose to see just how bad it would feel. And, after a long shitty time that wasn't as bad as I thought, I started to feel better...day by day.

Post roll and watch the support come rolling in. Read all you can. Spend time in the chat room. Read the Tom and Jenny Kern Story. Go for walks, exercise, candy, gum, mints...anything to get through a crave. READ...READ...READ. The folks here know how to quit. All we ask is that you decide to quit, post roll and ask for help. That's all...

Offline jwright

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-01
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
Cindy, thinking about quitting is not an option for you or your husband. There is nothing beneficial about dipping... nothing. It is not only disgusting, but it is slowly killing you and your husband. First and foremost, you are an addict! You believe that dipping is fun, solves problems, passes time, etc... etc... etc..., and you think that you need it. Two things...

1. I'm an addict too... we all are here.
2. YOU DON'T NEED THAT STUFF

All you need to do is believe that this site will help you because it will. You have to post roll every single day and quit for just that day taking it one hour at a time. I can't even begin to describe the positive benefits my quit has brought me, my life has literally changed in a month since freeing myself. PM me if you have any questions or need anything.

First, read everything you can in the welcome center, then post roll in the January Group and understand that by posting roll you are making a promise to everyone here that you will not use nicotine.

Congratulations on saving your own life!
"Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones."

-Benjamin Franklin

Introduction

HOF Speech

Quit Date: September 1, 2014

Offline AJK

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-22
  • Interests: Motorcycling, yoga, reading, traveling, ice fishing, kayaking, gardening, architecture, woodworking, remodeling, walking my pug cooper, cooking
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »
Not sure if I did this right, since I'm still new here - but see if you can read my intro from a week ago (below). You might find it interesting. Like the others are saying - cold turkey is the best way. And you will never find more support than here.

Let me know if I can help you in any way! Make the decision! Jump right in and show your hubby how BAD ASS you are!

topic/10564873/2/

Offline copenhaten

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
Hi and welcome. It's best to quit cold turkey. Matter fact its best to just quit right now. Take your can and flush it...dump it. I dipped for 20 years and it took my little boy to tell me he didn't want his daddy to die! Look now 1548 days later I'm still quit like a mofo :D

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
Cindy,

Charles check you inbox

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »
Hi :) thanks. I also apologize for my giant topic description... It won't let me fix it
QLF ODAAT..

Offline AJK

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-22
  • Interests: Motorcycling, yoga, reading, traveling, ice fishing, kayaking, gardening, architecture, woodworking, remodeling, walking my pug cooper, cooking
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
Hi Cindy. You sound just like I did when I came on here 8 days ago. This is a great place to help in your addiction. So much support! I dipped for many more years than you. So happy I found this place! Quit with me today!!!

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
Scared to death
« on: September 29, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »
QLF ODAAT..