Author Topic: Scared to death  (Read 8407 times)

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Scared to death
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: Cindy
I feel better today. I have a lot more energy than I have had in a very long time. I'm not sure how that is or how that works but I'm not complaining.
Hey Cindy....did you read what to expect when you quit? Lots of useful info....and it's nice to know that while you may not have this happen to you day for day or word for word, when it or if it does, you are not losing your mind.

Keep quitting like a girl darlin'

http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/wha ... t-dipping/
Yes I am a little mind-blown that I feel so good. I keep waiting for the shit storm to hit again.
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
I feel better today. I have a lot more energy than I have had in a very long time. I'm not sure how that is or how that works but I'm not complaining.
Hey Cindy....did you read what to expect when you quit? Lots of useful info....and it's nice to know that while you may not have this happen to you day for day or word for word, when it or if it does, you are not losing your mind.

Keep quitting like a girl darlin'

http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/wha ... t-dipping/
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
QLF ODAAT..

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Sage

• Quitter
  • Interests: My husband, my boys 15 yo and 12 yo, camping, boating, quilting
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »
Hi Cindy,

I am another female quitter. You are going to love being Quit. It will really suck for a little while but you are strong...you can do it! We all did and are so grateful to be quit. Hang in there, we have your back.

Sage

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
Cindy.....Hi there lady.

I sent you a PM. Listen, my husband chews too. I didn't tell a girl that once and she thought that "no one would understand how hard this is" and she caved. Don't BE HER!

Use my number. I've been there. I fight to save my life every day too. I will do that with you!

Ginet aka Lady G
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »
That's true too. Lol
Really great to meet you in chat today Cindy. I know this will be hard, but if I can do it, so can you. You are definitely going about it the right way, which is to post on the site, and chat. Interacting with others on here that really know what you are going through is key. You've got about a week of pure suck, then it gets better just like that. You can do it.

Here are several kickass, badass, women quitters that have done it: 2mch2lv4, Ginet, slarowe5, sage and samcat. PM them and they'll send you their digits. It will seriously help a lot!

If you need anything at all during your quit, don't hesitate to ping me. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »
That's true too. Lol
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
I actually feel better than I expected to today, I am a little irritable but considering I have been stuck home with an irrational toddler all day, I am doing ok.
And the toddler is stuck with an irrational mom. 'winker'

Hold tight. Whatever it takes...

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
I actually feel better than I expected to today, I am a little irritable but considering I have been stuck home with an irrational toddler all day, I am doing ok.
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: Dagranger
Cindy I don't want to speak for the rest of the women on this site....but I imagine that for women quitting is harder because it's tough to talk to anyone, because most people don't know you dip. But being here already puts you ahead of the game, it takes some stones to enter a website like this as a woman. If your husband won't go along with...that's fine, you can do this yourself I dipped for decades, and had pretty much resigned myself to a life of chewing. But thanks to this site, I am quit today.
This site is about taken control of your life, as much as it is about quitting nicotine. Make a daily promise (without fail) then keep that promise. You'll be amazed how that will carry you through some rough times. Great decision and good luck.
Sorry to interrupt, but why is it harder for a woman to quit? Does nicotine affect then differently?

Telling someone 'It's got to be harder for you because of XX' is just setting them up for an excuse to cave.

Would you ever say to someone, 'Wow, you're in college! It must be so hard for you to quit because you have classes, bar hopping, tailgating, etc.'? Fuck no.

Quitting is for quitters. I don't give a shit if you are man, woman, black, brown, white, green, or gmann. This is not 'harder' or 'easier' for anyone. It's serious fucking work.

I see you've garnered some serious support her already. Use it. I don't ever want to see a post by you, or ANYONE that says, 'Sorrry guys, it's just too hard because I'm XX!'

There are no excuses!
A couple of things here:

1) I think Degranger's point here was more about the social stigma attached to female smokeless users. They are so rare in the general population, it's almost inconceivable for most folks to even consider - nevermind discuss as a practical matter. A more apt statement would be that support for women quitting smokeless is an underserved need. Not at KTC by any stretch, but generally speaking.

2) I won't name names, but there are other people at other places out there that like to repeatedly float the notion that quitting CT is "harder" for women than it is men. I called bullshit on that theory every single time I heard it back then, just as I do today. Quitting nicotine CT is tough for anyone and everyone - regardless of age, sex, race, etc. Telling 52% of the population that their ability to cope with quitting nicotine is somehow inferior to men's is a massive insult in my estimation. If anything, it's a cheap ploy by the marketing folks at big pharma to try and convince women that they won't be able to quit without NRT.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Cindy I don't want to speak for the rest of the women on this site....but I imagine that for women quitting is harder because it's tough to talk to anyone, because most people don't know you dip. But being here already puts you ahead of the game, it takes some stones to enter a website like this as a woman. If your husband won't go along with...that's fine, you can do this yourself I dipped for decades, and had pretty much resigned myself to a life of chewing. But thanks to this site, I am quit today.
This site is about taken control of your life, as much as it is about quitting nicotine. Make a daily promise (without fail) then keep that promise. You'll be amazed how that will carry you through some rough times. Great decision and good luck.
Sorry to interrupt, but why is it harder for a woman to quit? Does nicotine affect then differently?

Telling someone 'It's got to be harder for you because of XX' is just setting them up for an excuse to cave.

Would you ever say to someone, 'Wow, you're in college! It must be so hard for you to quit because you have classes, bar hopping, tailgating, etc.'? Fuck no.

Quitting is for quitters. I don't give a shit if you are man, woman, black, brown, white, green, or gmann. This is not 'harder' or 'easier' for anyone. It's serious fucking work.

I see you've garnered some serious support her already. Use it. I don't ever want to see a post by you, or ANYONE that says, 'Sorrry guys, it's just too hard because I'm XX!'

There are no excuses!
Do or Do not, there is no Try.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »

There are no excuses!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline AJK

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-22
  • Interests: Motorcycling, yoga, reading, traveling, ice fishing, kayaking, gardening, architecture, woodworking, remodeling, walking my pug cooper, cooking
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Jenahen
Hi Cindy glad your here. I saw you posted day 2. That is awesome. One day at a time. I used the smokey mountain mint pouches for 3 months and it really saved me. You might use them less or more. It doesn't matter, as long as it isn't nicotine do it. I think it is harder to be a woman quitting, because chances are her man still chews, so we get to see it and smell it everyday. I am telling you that you will stay quit if you use this site to its fullest. Hop in chat, text us, post anywhere on this site, anything you need will be there to help.
What Jenahen said!!!!

Offline SaVee

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-14
  • Interests: Serving God the best I will let myself.FamilyHunting and FishingFarmin ( Very small farm at my house)
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
Thank all of you. I have been quit for almost 10 hours now. It is close to bed time and to be honest I feel miserable, where as earlier I was kind of embracing my miserable, now it's getting tough. I got some smokey mountain mint pouches (non tobacco, non nicotine) and I have used two of them although I wish I didn't even cave that much. This has been one of the longest days of my life, but I am determined to ride it out. I can't sit around and wait until a doctor tells me I HAVE to quit because by then it could be too late. I want my freedom back from the nasty stinking crap. I don't want to worry that my kids will get started on it because mama does it. I want to be a role model for them.
Stay Strong. Be that Role Model you want to be for your kids. I"m staying quit so I can give my daughters away.. Lord Willing.
Im Quit ODAAT!
God Bless.

Offline steffano626

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-21
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
Thank all of you. I have been quit for almost 10 hours now. It is close to bed time and to be honest I feel miserable, where as earlier I was kind of embracing my miserable, now it's getting tough. I got some smokey mountain mint pouches (non tobacco, non nicotine) and I have used two of them although I wish I didn't even cave that much. This has been one of the longest days of my life, but I am determined to ride it out. I can't sit around and wait until a doctor tells me I HAVE to quit because by then it could be too late. I want my freedom back from the nasty stinking crap. I don't want to worry that my kids will get started on it because mama does it. I want to be a role model for them.
Congrats on your quit decision, sorry about the suck. We all had to go through it. In terms of the Smokey Mountain, that is NOT caving. Caving is using nicotine in any form.

In terms of quitting dip vs smoking, there is probably comparative data, but I don't know it. I do believe the nicotine dosage is higher with dip, so I suspect the withdrawals and craves are at least as intense. Whatever, it doesn't really matter. What does matter is the misery is real. You found the right people to help you survive.