Author Topic: My Quit  (Read 5282 times)

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: My Quit
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
Way to go sir. One day at a time.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
That is awesome and encouraging for me on day 1. Keep it up and thanks for that message.

Offline Bretn37

• Quitter
  • Interests: My children, my Log Cabin, Harley Davidson, Snowmobiling, ATVing, woodworking, carpentry, building projects, music, my truck. Starting a new small business.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
Quote from: TonySelle
Just Awesome!
Congrat brother, keep inspiring.
Where you from Tony?
We're in May HOF together!
I'm from New Hampshire.

Offline Bretn37

• Quitter
  • Interests: My children, my Log Cabin, Harley Davidson, Snowmobiling, ATVing, woodworking, carpentry, building projects, music, my truck. Starting a new small business.
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
Miles,
Thank you for the inspiration that message like yours give. I enjoy positive feedback, and yours certainly was.
Truth spoken, and truth absorbed.
Thank you, and CONGRATULATIONS to you!

Bretn37 Day 14

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
Just Awesome!
Congrat brother, keep inspiring.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Yeah brother. Fucking yes.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
Nice job, Miles. Impressive indeed!

'clap'

Offline jmag

• Quit Pro
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »
Congrats Miles on a year of quit! Thanks for all that you have done to help new quitters and vets alike.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
Day 365 – One Year

Wow...I remember that first foggy day on KTC when I couldnÂ’t figure out what roll was or where to find it. I remember that ache and my addiction screaming in my ear to go to the damn store. I remember thinking to myself, is this pain and bullshit even worth it?

IÂ’ve spent a lot of time on KTC since that first day. I still go through and read HOF speeches, Words of Wisdom, old quit groups, new quit groups. I spend way too much time in the wildcard section :P . I re-read the KernÂ’s story the other day and my sentiments have not changed. KTC motivated me to take my life back. I would not have made it 365 days without my quit brothers and sisters encouraging me and sharing their stories. Thank you folks!

YouÂ’ve heard this before but I want to reiterate:

Your quit is priceless. Stay the course. This pain and foggy-ness is temporary. Guard your quit like a momma bear!

I canÂ’t stress how important it is to make this quit personal. Put yourself out there. YouÂ’ll be surprised at the friends you make and the accountability gained. IÂ’ve made it a point to get out and meet quitters this year because I know it will help me and those I meet.

Never forget those first days. Never forget you are an addict. Never, ever, ever forget that because the minute you do, you'll be back in the can.

DonÂ’t hesitate to reach out to each other. ThatÂ’s what makes this community so strong.

Thanks to all of you.
I quit with with you all!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
Commit or go home.
Damn straight brother. I'm going to add a "FUCK YEAH" on that one. Damn I dig me some Miles' quit.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
A few items I wanted to talk about briefly:

1) KTC isn't the ONLY tried and true method to quitting nicotine but it's worked for me for 289 days now. Posting roll on a daily basis works. Meeting other quitters will raise the bar even higher.

2) KTC didn't seek you out, you were looking for help via the interwebs. Who needs who??? How many times have you failed 'trying' to quit by yourself? How many times did I fail 'trying' to quit?

3) Commit or go home. It really is that simple. You choose to quit, just as easilly as you choose to use. You better be fully invested in your quit or you will fail, period. Ain't no half-assing or part-timing when it comes to quitting. Protect your quit. Own your quit. Post roll every day.

Nearing 300 days I can say that I feel really good about my quit. I still get craves every now and then and I chewed sunflower seeds religiously for the first 250 days or so - $0.50 to $1.00 worth per day. I do what I have to in order to stay quit. I don't think I have closed the door on nicotine even though I hate it and the thought of dipping again disgusts me. I still think about stopping at the convenience store and buying a can from time to time. I'm not cured. I'm still an addict. I posted roll this morning. I quit today.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Miles
Quote from: gmann
Miles – 253 – I went to the dentist after HOF and they did that UV light thing where they look in your mouth for cancer cells. I’m gonna have that done every year. All of this talk about the dentist reminds me of my best friends Dad. He was an old man and his teeth were falling out. He was on fixed income so he didn’t waste his money going to the dentist; he spent it on guns, bourbon, and chewing tobacco. He would buy chewing tobacco by the pound out of a mail order catalog. Well the old man’s mouth was hurting something fierce so he decided to pull his own teeth. A bottle of George Dickel and a pair of vice grips were the tools of choice for him. This old bastard yanked all of his teeth out and had them setting on the table (I think there were only 10 or so) when we showed up. He was drunker than Cooter Brown at Christmas to boot so between the slurring and the fact that he had no teeth in his head, we couldn’t understand a damn word he had to say. He wrote it out on some paper: “I need one of you to give me a ride to Nuevo Laredo tomorrow.” One of the old man’s pool shooting buddies had told him that he got all of his dental work done in Me-hee-co cuz it was so much cheaper which is how we ended up in this situation. Nuevo Laredo is an 8 hour drive from our house..damn near 500 miles..but we didn’t have shit to do the next day so we took him. We ended up having to drive down there twice because the first time they did the moldings but the teeth weren’t ready for another two weeks after that. The old man died 15 years later with those hecho in Mexico teeth in his mouth. He was a good fella and a second Father to me. I miss those good times…
What a great effin' story. Much better than that whiny bullshit about the Christmas season and moving to panama that you wrote about today.
FUGMann...consider your invitation to Panama REVOKED bitch!
:P

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
Quote from: gmann
Miles – 253 – I went to the dentist after HOF and they did that UV light thing where they look in your mouth for cancer cells. I’m gonna have that done every year. All of this talk about the dentist reminds me of my best friends Dad. He was an old man and his teeth were falling out. He was on fixed income so he didn’t waste his money going to the dentist; he spent it on guns, bourbon, and chewing tobacco. He would buy chewing tobacco by the pound out of a mail order catalog. Well the old man’s mouth was hurting something fierce so he decided to pull his own teeth. A bottle of George Dickel and a pair of vice grips were the tools of choice for him. This old bastard yanked all of his teeth out and had them setting on the table (I think there were only 10 or so) when we showed up. He was drunker than Cooter Brown at Christmas to boot so between the slurring and the fact that he had no teeth in his head, we couldn’t understand a damn word he had to say. He wrote it out on some paper: “I need one of you to give me a ride to Nuevo Laredo tomorrow.” One of the old man’s pool shooting buddies had told him that he got all of his dental work done in Me-hee-co cuz it was so much cheaper which is how we ended up in this situation. Nuevo Laredo is an 8 hour drive from our house..damn near 500 miles..but we didn’t have shit to do the next day so we took him. We ended up having to drive down there twice because the first time they did the moldings but the teeth weren’t ready for another two weeks after that. The old man died 15 years later with those hecho in Mexico teeth in his mouth. He was a good fella and a second Father to me. I miss those good times…
What a great effin' story. Much better than that whiny bullshit about the Christmas season and moving to panama that you wrote about today.
FUGMann...consider your invitation to Panama REVOKED bitch!

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 07:59:00 AM »
Miles – 268 – Tomorrow is December. The Christmas Holiday is fast approaching and I’m already scrambling. Work schedule is crazy during November for me and then December ends up being a giant Charlie Foxtrot every year because we HAVE to travel back home to Texas to visit the folks – Can’t make their asses come visit us for a change..oh no. One of these years I’m going to spend my Christmas on a tropical island somewhere drinking cold beer and sampling the local fare. I have given some serious thought to retiring in Panama…...and I don’t mean that beach in Florida where all the spring breakers go…..I’m talking about the country. Ya’ll come on down and join me. We’ll go fishing.