Author Topic: My Quit  (Read 5284 times)

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Quit
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
I love following Miles' quit.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Parputt
Congrats on 253 Miles, great fucking work man.

Having worked in Zapata a few times your Nuevo Laredo story brought back a few memories.
Shit, I miss ol Mexico. Now you can't even go over there without fear of being kidnapped or getting caught in the cross-fire.

Of course the news ain't really talking about that are they? Not on a national level..
I quit with with you all!

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
Congrats on 253 Miles, great fucking work man.

Having worked in Zapata a few times your Nuevo Laredo story brought back a few memories.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2011, 08:30:00 AM »
Miles – 253 – I went to the dentist after HOF and they did that UV light thing where they look in your mouth for cancer cells. I’m gonna have that done every year. All of this talk about the dentist reminds me of my best friends Dad. He was an old man and his teeth were falling out. He was on fixed income so he didn’t waste his money going to the dentist; he spent it on guns, bourbon, and chewing tobacco. He would buy chewing tobacco by the pound out of a mail order catalog. Well the old man’s mouth was hurting something fierce so he decided to pull his own teeth. A bottle of George Dickel and a pair of vice grips were the tools of choice for him. This old bastard yanked all of his teeth out and had them setting on the table (I think there were only 10 or so) when we showed up. He was drunker than Cooter Brown at Christmas to boot so between the slurring and the fact that he had no teeth in his head, we couldn’t understand a damn word he had to say. He wrote it out on some paper: “I need one of you to give me a ride to Nuevo Laredo tomorrow.” One of the old man’s pool shooting buddies had told him that he got all of his dental work done in Me-hee-co cuz it was so much cheaper which is how we ended up in this situation. Nuevo Laredo is an 8 hour drive from our house..damn near 500 miles..but we didn’t have shit to do the next day so we took him. We ended up having to drive down there twice because the first time they did the moldings but the teeth weren’t ready for another two weeks after that. The old man died 15 years later with those hecho in Mexico teeth in his mouth. He was a good fella and a second Father to me. I miss those good times

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
Quote from: Souliman
Miles you thinking of keeping up the running in 2012?
Yeah, I'm hooked on running like crack...hell, running is my crack.

I'll be glad to shed some more of this weight so I can run faster and longer with less likelihood of injury. I can only do about 17 miles a week right now but I'm getting there.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2011, 06:28:00 AM »
Miles you thinking of keeping up the running in 2012?

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
Quote from: Miles
Miles – 247 – So, I was sitting at home last night, cleaning a couple of my guns and taking stock of everything I own. Wow, I sure have collected quite the arsenal over the years. I currently carry a Walther PPS .40 pretty much everywhere I go and man has it been a great weapon. It’s kinda small and I sometimes forget I’m even carrying it but I like having it on me. I go to the range at least twice a month and usually put a couple of clips through my Walther before moving on to my 1911 A1, Sig P250 and I finish up with either my Taurus or SW .38. I like being prepared. I spend a lot of time here on KTC reading and preparing myself for the next attack from the nic bitch. I wish I could shoot her in the ass but I’ll have to settle with helping others, which takes my mind off of those craves that sometimes pop up…have a good day everybody!
You ever picture shooting at the nic bitch when you're at the range? What do you picture her / it looking like?
At the range, I usually don't picture anything, I just try and imagine the target as 'big' as possible. I try to have a clear head when I go because it helps me shoot better and I enjoy it more.

In my mind, the nic bitch is a really hot chick with the perfect body, doesn't say much but is always giving you the mischevious 'fuck me right here in public' look. Fucking gorgeous chick that's like guns, sports, beer and sport fucking....

The one thing I will always remind myself is this: that bitch is nothing but a succubus. She's just trying to get you to knock her up because she wants to own your ass. I may smile at that whore when I pick up some sunflower seeds from the store, but that's all I'm gonna do. I posted roll this morning so I've already made my choice for today.

I quit.
For some reason I picture the Nic BItch as Southpark depicted Snooki from Jersey Shore
Pista actually has a video of him shooting the nic bitch on youtube. Next time you see him in chat, ask him for the link. The video is great!

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
Miles – 247 – So, I was sitting at home last night, cleaning a couple of my guns and taking stock of everything I own. Wow, I sure have collected quite the arsenal over the years. I currently carry a Walther PPS .40 pretty much everywhere I go and man has it been a great weapon. It’s kinda small and I sometimes forget I’m even carrying it but I like having it on me. I go to the range at least twice a month and usually put a couple of clips through my Walther before moving on to my 1911 A1, Sig P250 and I finish up with either my Taurus or SW .38. I like being prepared. I spend a lot of time here on KTC reading and preparing myself for the next attack from the nic bitch. I wish I could shoot her in the ass but I’ll have to settle with helping others, which takes my mind off of those craves that sometimes pop up…have a good day everybody!
You ever picture shooting at the nic bitch when you're at the range? What do you picture her / it looking like?
At the range, I usually don't picture anything, I just try and imagine the target as 'big' as possible. I try to have a clear head when I go because it helps me shoot better and I enjoy it more.

In my mind, the nic bitch is a really hot chick with the perfect body, doesn't say much but is always giving you the mischevious 'fuck me right here in public' look. Fucking gorgeous chick that's like guns, sports, beer and sport fucking....

The one thing I will always remind myself is this: that bitch is nothing but a succubus. She's just trying to get you to knock her up because she wants to own your ass. I may smile at that whore when I pick up some sunflower seeds from the store, but that's all I'm gonna do. I posted roll this morning so I've already made my choice for today.

I quit.
For some reason I picture the Nic BItch as Southpark depicted Snooki from Jersey Shore
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »

I quit.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »
Miles – 246 – The best things about being quit (in no particular order): no snuff in my teeth, no bad compost-pile breath, no more accidentally spitting on your shirt, no more sneezing a whole dip out like a confetti canon and getting that shit everywhere, no more bleeding gums, no more sore mouth, no more $5/day, no more letting an inanimate object control your daily life. This doesn’t mean that bitch ain’t waiting in the weeds, this just means that for today, I won’t be fucking with her. This is my promise. We’ve seen a lot of cavers over the past few weeks and I just want you guys to know that I’m still taking this one day at a time.

Pygmy's still rule...

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
Miles – 241 – I quit with Rus. Speaking of eruptions, I once had a dream that I was lost at sea. I had lashed some giant sea trunks together and made a make-shift raft/boat. I ended up on a tiny volcanic island. While I was on this island, I met some strange lil injuns who worshiped me and brought me gifts. They were into heavy metal music and a few of these lil injuns played in a Slayer tribute band. These guys rocked. Anyhow, one night they are putting on a show and everyone is in a festive mood. Next thing you know, I got a bunch of these lil pygmy fuckers tying me to a stick. I try to fight them off but it's no use. These guys are badasses, even Chuck Norris carries a picture of a Pygmy in his wallet. Several of them grabbed the stick and started carrying me up the side of the volcano. IÂ’m scared at this point and begging for my life. We get to the top and they toss me into the volcano. Right as they toss me in, the volcano erupts and blows me 3 miles out to sea. I wake up in a mental institution in Temecula, CA. Miles – 1  Volcano - 0
Pygmies? Temecula? Slayer Tribute Band!!!! 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup'

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline AtomicDiesel

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 06:08:00 AM »
Miles – 241 – I quit with Rus. Speaking of eruptions, I once had a dream that I was lost at sea. I had lashed some giant sea trunks together and made a make-shift raft/boat. I ended up on a tiny volcanic island. While I was on this island, I met some strange lil injuns who worshiped me and brought me gifts. They were into heavy metal music and a few of these lil injuns played in a Slayer tribute band. These guys rocked. Anyhow, one night they are putting on a show and everyone is in a festive mood. Next thing you know, I got a bunch of these lil pygmy fuckers tying me to a stick. I try to fight them off but it's no use. These guys are badasses, even Chuck Norris carries a picture of a Pygmy in his wallet. Several of them grabbed the stick and started carrying me up the side of the volcano. IÂ’m scared at this point and begging for my life. We get to the top and they toss me into the volcano. Right as they toss me in, the volcano erupts and blows me 3 miles out to sea. I wake up in a mental institution in Temecula, CA. Miles – 1  Volcano - 0
That's no shit. They were talking about Miles whipping a volcanoes ass when I was there being treated for my Judge Judy addiction.
?The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.? Mark 1:15
Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever - TJ
KTC Retread...Quit for the final time 10/21/2011
Though I am peaceful, please do not assume that I have somehow forgotten how to be violent.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »