Author Topic: Jake_M Day 1  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jake_M Day 1
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »
Second floor honors Jake - Nice job brother, another milestone down. See, it's not so bad as those numbers keep piling up. Good stuff still ahead and you won't be disappointed that you dropped that nic bitch by the side of the road. Quit on brother Jake! 'oh yeah'

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Guns, Hunting, Fishing, Tools
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2015, 08:48:00 AM »
Wanted to include my HOF speech in my intro....

Insert a catchy yet inspiring title hereÂ…

Hello, I am Jake_M and I am an addict…..I will always be an addict. There is no cure for addiction. Like EVERY addict there is nothing special about me. I am not a special butterfly. I will not use excuses to allow myself to believe that I am unique in my addiction. Addicts thrive on uniqueness. It lets them think it is okay for them to stay addicted because their situation is different or harder and requires some slack. Therefore I say again……Hello, I am Jake_M and I am an addict.These past one hundred days have been quite a journey to say the least. If you would have told me the day before I quit, that in 100 days I would be sitting on a metaphorical quit train with a bunch of faceless names that I have come to TRULY care about. I would have laughed in your face but here I am, extremely proud to be.The truth is that I didn’t expect, want, or even have any slight desire of quitting until the very day I stumbled across KTC. I don’t think I was even sublimely searching for a quit method. I literally just stumbled upon it when looking for pictures of what mouth cancer looked like. I was trying to figure out what I would look like in the event if I did get cancer. How silly, Instead of looking for ways to quit I had just accepted the fact that I would dip forever and “possibly” get mouth cancer. It is kind of ironic that I had found KTC in that manner. Before KTC I honestly believed that there was no one on the face of the planet that was more addicted than me. I loved everything about dipping. Me quitting truly was a miracle. God must have had a hand in it. Had the following series of events not unfolded in this particular manner it is VERY possible that I would be dipping to this day.When I got here. I just started reading out of shear curiosity. I started out with the story of one Tom Kern (an excellent place to start in hindsight). I continued reading of how all these other guys had quit and were supporting one another. I ended up somehow or another in WastePanel’s introduction. I read it front to back. I read all of his goofy parables and stories. For some reason all of it just related to me. This thread is what I have decided was the straw that broke the camel’s back and caused me to literally say “Fuck It! I’m quitting”. I signed up and demolished roll by posting day 1. Here I am 100 days later. I have learned to hate nicotine. I know that I will never put it back in my body. Ever. I can now spot the addict habits of others and never want to become a user again. That door is closed and cemented over. I will however never let my guard down. After 100 days of seeing folks come and go and come again I realize that this is nowhere near the end of KTC for Jake_M. KTC will not and cannot be just a “phase” for me. KTC has to continue to be a lifestyle. I truly expect to be posting here until the good Lord says otherwise. There have been many people throughout this journey that have made an impact on my quit. First and foremost I want to thank the “Jerks”. Without you guys my first 100 days would not have been near as fun. I look forward to at the very least another 1,000 day with you guys. You guys are the foundation of my quit and I owe y’all the most thanks. Second I want to thank all the turtles in The Shell. I couldn’t have picked a better group to be a part of. I look forward to many more roll calls with y’all. Next I would like to thank Waste Panel, without you I honestly would have never made it to day one, let alone day 100. A few others that I must mention are jabr, Sand Fleas, bkmcinty, franpro, kdip and everyone else that has supported me daily and all the regulars in chat (too many more to mention).
I know this sounds cheesy as Hell but despite all the things I hate about this addiction, I am so thankful that it has led me to KTC. I am so thankful to be a part of this place. I am genuinely proud to fight this battle with all of you.

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2015, 08:29:00 AM »
Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. Sorry my thank yous are so belated i have not been in my intro in a while.

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2015, 08:17:00 AM »
Just read your HOF speech...... A+
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: CastleHusky
Atta baby Jake! 'party2' 'chew2' 'dance' 'dance' 'chew2' 'party2'
Congrats Jake! Way to bust through the door, actually, I don't think you even used the door. You broke down the wall and made a new door for yourself.!
Always have your back man.
'clap'

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Congrats Jake! Way to bust through the door, actually, I don't think you even used the door. You broke down the wall and made a new door for yourself.!
Always have your back man.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »

Offline CastleHusky

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-27
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
Quote from: soxfnnlansing
Jake, congrats on being quit for 100 days. I have enjoyed posting roll in the various groups together. We just need to never forget that we are always going to be addicts.

:Winner: 'clap' 'archer' '40' 'chew2' 'party2' 'dance' 'party'
Great job!

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
Jake, congrats on being quit for 100 days. I have enjoyed posting roll in the various groups together. We just need to never forget that we are always going to be addicts.

:Winner: 'clap' 'archer' '40' 'chew2' 'party2' 'dance' 'party'
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline Matt Harris

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2014-11-18
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Jake_M
So for a little background info... I'm 22 from Southwest Louisiana (I haven't seen many from where i'm from if at all on here). I work at a paper mill as a crane operator. I have been dipping avidly since I was a young boy. My dad dips, my two older brothers dip, nearly every male where I work and in my community dips (absolutely ZREO exaggeration) . So for me this is going to be a little bit like a recovering alcoholic working as a bartender, but hey I'm here and in full spirits. I have already posted roll. I am sure that I will need support due to the lack of nondippers/ quitter around me. I think that this here is a fine site for anyone wanting to quit.
know the feeling. I work in Law Enforcement and Security

Friendship is born when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself..."
-CS Lews, Four Loves

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
Day 40 rant: My wife has been begging me for years to get a TV in our bedroom. For years I have bluntly told her no. Why would I withold this simple pleasentry from her? Well i contantly told her that if we got one in the bedroom that she would only want to watch TV in the bedroom and I told her that it hurt my back to laydown and watch TV.... This my friends was completly and utterly BULLSHIT. The reason (and i knew the true reason) was that I couldn't stand lying down with a dip in. As most of you know when you lay down with a dip in the spit runs to the back of your throat. This is why I witheld the simple pleasantry from my wife all this time. Not because of my back or whatever other bullshit reasons i have come up with but because of an addiction that was trying to kill me. I chose my dip over my wife. How could I be so selfish and deceitful for cat turds. How did i live with myself. I just makes me wonder what other selfish acts have been done that have been forgotten about???

P.S. I am getting her a 40" Samsung TV for Christmas.

Offline jake_m

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Tige12
Day 25- Yesterday the nic bitch was reeking havoc in my brain with a crowbar. She was making me seriously contemplate caving saying things like "this shit aint worth it" and "Your are just quitting for your wife and she doesn't deserve this" and "you wouldn't be so pissed if you had a dip". It was a real struggle. It didn't really build up to that point over much time. The voices just came out of no where. It hit me like a freight train. I drove down the road, where I had cell service, and called a couple guys from my quit group (NMCB, and Danno30) and talked to both of them for a while and they reminded me why I quit. I suppose just raging on them helped as well. Normally when me and my wife would get into a fight I would just get a pinch of snuff and everything would be ok. Not the case yesterday. It took me much longer to find forgiveness than before I quit. This was really my first experience with getting in a serious argument with my wife and not being able to retreat to my grizzly wintergreen longcut. I hope that this was the hardest one. I am glad to of had the numbers of my fellow quitters. I am not sure I would have been able to post day 25 today with out them. That is what this site is all about. We just have to use all the tools at our disposal. Today I logged on and seen where Skoal Monster posted a speech that I really could have used yesterday. I have to figure out how to get internet at my house...
Congratulations Jake on getting through a rough day! I got your back man!!
Jake M - Know your 2 bros rolled outta here. Are they still quit? Keep imparting your newly found quit wisdom. I have 3 co-workers that don't want to play the internet game so we don't. But I still created a 4 way text group and we text our daily count and vow. Also use it to evangelize quit wisdom gained here. Do the same with your bros.

You're a quality dude for being the youngest. I am proud to quit with you today.
Thanks, yes my brothers are still quit. I do send them words of wisdom quite frequently. I hope that it some how helps them like it does for me. We don't do the daily promise thing. I think I will suggest it to them today. Thanks for all the support in our group D4M. You are a real trooper.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Tige12
Day 25- Yesterday the nic bitch was reeking havoc in my brain with a crowbar. She was making me seriously contemplate caving saying things like "this shit aint worth it" and "Your are just quitting for your wife and she doesn't deserve this" and "you wouldn't be so pissed if you had a dip". It was a real struggle. It didn't really build up to that point over much time. The voices just came out of no where. It hit me like a freight train. I drove down the road, where I had cell service, and called a couple guys from my quit group (NMCB, and Danno30) and talked to both of them for a while and they reminded me why I quit. I suppose just raging on them helped as well. Normally when me and my wife would get into a fight I would just get a pinch of snuff and everything would be ok. Not the case yesterday. It took me much longer to find forgiveness than before I quit. This was really my first experience with getting in a serious argument with my wife and not being able to retreat to my grizzly wintergreen longcut. I hope that this was the hardest one. I am glad to of had the numbers of my fellow quitters. I am not sure I would have been able to post day 25 today with out them. That is what this site is all about. We just have to use all the tools at our disposal. Today I logged on and seen where Skoal Monster posted a speech that I really could have used yesterday. I have to figure out how to get internet at my house...
Jake M - Know your 2 bros rolled outta here. Are they still quit? Keep imparting your newly found quit wisdom. I have 3 co-workers that don't want to play the internet game so we don't. But I still created a 4 way text group and we text our daily count and vow. Also use it to evangelize quit wisdom gained here. Do the same with your bros.

You're a quality dude for being the youngest. I am proud to quit with you today.

Offline Tige12

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, golf, wake surfing, fishing
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »